Couple minor site bugs/annoyances | GTAMotorcycle.com

Couple minor site bugs/annoyances

AF4iK

Site Supporter
[Edit] SOLVED: See post #5 below. Thanks to PrivatePilot [/Edit]

Not sure if it's just me but I've been noticing a couple of minor annoying bugs for a long time now.

1. When replying with a quote, the blinking cursor is located just under the quotation by default. If I just start typing away the text box will not accept the SPACE character. In other words, all of my words are mashed together in a singleunbrokenline. The workaround is to hit ENTER first, go back up one line and then start typing normally.

2. Sometimes, when I'm typing up a post, the cursor jumps to a seemingly random spot. This can happen in the middle of typing so suddenty I find myself typing in the middle of a paragraph I'd already written. It happens more often when typing longer posts which also makes it more annoying because I don't always notice it right away if I'm on a roll :confused2:

Browser: Chrome version [FONT=&quot]57.0.2987.133

[/FONT]

Last edited:
The spacebar issue has been happening for a while. It only happens for me when I use the reply with quote option though - this reply here I simply used the "reply to thread" button (so no quotes) and the space bar works fine.

The second issue is specific to using text based features such as Bold, Italics, etc - when you disable them after typing what you wanted, and then continue typing, if you hit backspace at any point (to correct a typo for example) the cursor flips back to the bolded/italics/etc part you typed.

Both are annoying, I agree.

I'm going to experiment with the message editor interface settings now - I suspect these bugs are specific to the WYSIWYG option that's enabled by default.

Yeah, I was right. Anyone who wants to stop these issues, go to the "Settings" option at the very top right corner of the forum pages, then on the left side under "My Account" click on the "General Settings" option. On the list that pops up you'll see the "Message Editor Interface" options under Miscellaneous. Switch it to "Standard Editor" instead of Enhanced/WYSIWYG.

From that point forward you will see quotes and text formatting in BBCode instead of WYSIWYG, but the random cursor jumping and space bar issue is gone.

Yeah, I was right. Anyone who wants to stop these issues, go to the "Settings" option at the very top right corner of the forum pages, then on the left side under "My Account" click on the "General Settings" option. On the list that pops up you'll see the "Message Editor Interface" options under Miscellaneous. Switch it to "Standard Editor" instead of Enhanced/WYSIWYG.

From that point forward you will see quotes and text formatting in BBCode instead of WYSIWYG, but the random cursor jumping and space bar issue is gone.

right you are...

Sick! Thank you!

One issue I always have...videos are always half screen. Can't see right side of frame...so can't hit full screen target either.

One issue I always have...videos are always half screen. Can't see right side of frame...so can't hit full screen target either.

I think it's because you've increased the zoom to move than 100% on the page in general (CTRL +). Try zooming out (CTRL -) to get back to 100% and the videos should be normal again.

I forgot #3... losing the ability to scroll with scrollwheel. It happened just now as I was browsing a thread. I have 2 other tabs open in Chrome and scrolling works no problem on those pages. I even launched GTAM in a new tab and scrolling works fine there too. This happens fairly frequently.

Back
Top Bottom