Costco lawn and garden battery sale | GTAMotorcycle.com

Costco lawn and garden battery sale

basmn

Site Supporter
Sorry a bit off topic but....went to costco today...walking by the battery isle ...just about #$%/ when i saw this.....
.Fitment code 20.group size U1
Lawn and garden battery.
$9.97 each. Not a misprint...i picked one up for the ride em that just happened to be on its last legs...:blob2:

https://imgur.com/a/ZN2jtZ8

Last edited:
They're a standard size and usually about 200A.
They fit in older Harleys and Moto Guzzis. Too big for modern japanese bikes.

:cool: thank-you! That will fit my BMW K100 and my skidoo.

@basmn which location was that at?

Sent from my purple G4 using Tapatalk

U1 size is 7-3/4"L x 5-1/8"W x 7-1/4"T and 19lbs. Fits my Kawi 700 ATV, a little big for a motorcycle.

Wonder if I just cut the frame to make one fit......

lol
Anyone know if sale is only at that location?

I think its costco wide...but do the math ...
Its s lawn and garden battery dude..

Last edited:
... Its s lawn and garden battery dude..
Yep, the same type of battery I've been using in my beemer for the last 23 years and they have lasted and performed every bit as good as the original 170+$ battery that originally came in that bike. I replace them every 3 or 4 years and the originals lasted about the same at 6 times the price.

if it has the cranking amps and fit, I'd use it. Too bad I need one that's 5.25"W x 3.25"D x 5" T
Yep, that one's going to cost you like, 9 or 10 lawn tractor batteries.

Brampton warehouse has 12 on hand as of yesterday

Sent from my purple G4 using Tapatalk

Yep, the same type of battery I've been using in my beemer for the last 23 years and they have lasted and performed every bit as good as the original 170+$ battery that originally came in that bike. I replace them every 3 or 4 years and the originals lasted about the same at 6 times the price.
Hold on a sec. When you say beemer, do you mean Airhead? If you mean a Brick, then it certainly won't fit. The battery terminal lugs are too tall, they are swapped from the BMW configuration and the battery size is too big to fit in the battery tray (too long and too tall).

Hold on a sec. When you say beemer, do you mean Airhead? If you mean a Brick, then it certainly won't fit. The battery terminal lugs are too tall, they are swapped from the BMW configuration and the battery size is too big to fit in the battery tray (too long and too tall).
1986 K100RS
pre ABS which needed a bigger battery,
you have to reroute the cables because the terminal is on the other side and place a 1/4 inch thick piece of rubber or cork on the battery tray. There is nothing immediately above the battery except the plastic box for the electronics module and it clears. Is a tight fit between the tie down bolts unless you modify the top bracket but it does work.

Last edited:
Darn, I JUST went out and bought an Odyssey PC680 from Saskbattery to replace the old battery that died on me in late-August. Haven't had much saddle time since then so I could have bought this one and saved a bundle, if I knew the sale was going to happen. Well, the PC680 has a 3 year unlimited warranty rather than the 12 month limited once from Costco.

BTW, this Kirkland battery looks like a wet cell. Is it?

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom