Coronavirus | Page 378 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Actually says a lot more than that.

I read it after your comment thinking it was another slanted ToSlow wacky post.

I think you might be slanted on the article because ToSlow posted the link.
Basically the contents of the article are what would be expected for any virus and immunity. We have seen documented reinfections but it also comes back to how serious the second infection was, that is the important aspect not covered.

Based on chaos theory, he had to post at least one thing that was not entirely BSC.

"A study published last week also found that people who have recovered from Covid-19 have powerful and protective killer immune cells even when antibodies are not detectable."

I bet they had those even before they were infected :unsure:

... unless they were also infected with powerful and protective killer immune cells at the same time.

Well crap. An N of one means very little though and there is no discussion about whether the infection had anything to do with the school.

"A youth worker in a North York elementary school has died after contracting COVID-19, becoming the first school staff member known to have died of the virus since schools reopened in Ontario in September.

Toronto Catholic District School Board spokesperson Shazia Vlahos said the child and youth worker worked at St. Frances De Sales School on Firgrove Crescent in North York."

Well crap. An N of one means very little though and there is no discussion about whether the infection had anything to do with the school.

"A youth worker in a North York elementary school has died after contracting COVID-19, becoming the first school staff member known to have died of the virus since schools reopened in Ontario in September.

Toronto Catholic District School Board spokesperson Shazia Vlahos said the child and youth worker worked at St. Frances De Sales School on Firgrove Crescent in North York."
Edit

says had a number of underlying issues.

in my world these would be the first to get the vaccine.

if they even tested on people that has underlying conditions

this is a good idea.
hope it gets support.

edit
Doctors have better things to do than fill out sick notes.

And the last thing someone should do if they have flu-like symptoms is to visit a busy doctor’s office and shell out $40 for a sick note.

Recent polling found that 8 out of 10 Canadians would go to work when they feel ill if their boss demanded a sick note.

Sick notes are bad public health policy in normal times.

They’re downright dangerous during a pandemic.

That’s why I was so angry when Doug Ford gave employers the power to once again require sick notes for minor illnesses in 2018.

But with my proposed legislation, we have a chance to get rid of sick notes for good.

Let’s keep illness out of the workplace. Let’s trust workers. Let’s learn from COVID-19.

Mike Schreiner
Leader
Green Party of Ontario

Last edited:
this is a good idea.
hope it gets support.

I see both sides, I know some employees that exploit the system (for instance, the need for SPA days for auto workers) and also people that go in sick because the doctors note is too hard (or expensive) to get.

The teachers have a reasonable system imo. They get x sick days a year with no questions asked (IIRC ~half of their contractual entitlement). If they exceed x, they need to visit a doctor to make sure they don't need some medical intervention and get a note. Seems like a reasonable balance.

Requiring a doctors note if you are sick one or two days a year is stupid, I have no problem if they changed the law to ban the requirement for sick notes below x days a year. It truly is a waste of everybody's time and money.

The article says she was community infected, not thru school.

Pretty good local view of the situation. Breaks it down by neighborhood.

Poor bugger.
CHARITY20Snakebite202023282998.jpg

British dad bitten by deadly snake while battling coronavirus in India

So is Toronto going back to Lockdown, haven't been following along to well but heard some rumblings it would happen?

TO and PEEL going into lock-down Monday
And 'essential' stores, like Home Depot (hahaha), remain open with NO limit on customers (at least not that I have read about yet). All the smaller stores that rely on Xmas business to stay alive are now closed until Dec 21. Guess everyone is getting power tools and lightbulbs for presents this year. Oh wait, we can all still shop at Walmart too as they sell groceries so are open as well. Pajamas and socks !!!

What a crock of @#$%. Lock it all down or leave it be.

And 'essential' stores, like Home Depot (hahaha), remain open with NO limit on customers (at least not that I have read about yet). All the smaller stores that rely on Xmas business to stay alive are now closed until Dec 21. Guess everyone is getting power tools and lightbulbs for presents this year. Oh wait, we can all still shop at Walmart too as they sell groceries so are open as well. Pajamas and socks !!!

What a crock of @#$%. Lock it all down or leave it be.
this is the reset, reset to give big business the way to make sure they push small business out. this has been the plan from the beginning

At the time I was stranded in Mumbai, the 'burbs that were put in lockdown were isolated by cop-manned roadblocks.
People seeking to traverse those areas had to justify by proof-of- address (for inbound) or proof of employment in an essential-declared industry/business or be nurses/doctors.
Imagine if that happened here with a roadblock on Steeles!

Since T.O. is in lockdown are they limiting ridership and enforcing mask wearing on the TTC?

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom