Coronavirus | Page 331 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Baggsy I've been taking a multi vitamin, extra vitamin C and extra vitamin D for a while so hopefully that'll help...

On another note, my school alone has about 270-280 students who are not returning to in-class and going online instead...we had just over 1,000...I'm still waiting for my class list...good thing it's teachers only on Tuesday...lol...trying to stay positive...

@Baggsy I've been taking a multi vitamin, extra vitamin C and extra vitamin D for a while so hopefully that'll help...

On another note, my school alone has about 270-280 students who are not returning to in-class and going online instead...we had just over 1,000...I'm still waiting for my class list...good thing it's teachers only on Tuesday...lol...trying to stay positive...

maybe “stay upbeat” is better....

@jc100 I stand corrected...?

I did home visits (socially distanced of course) at the end of the last school year with each student and their families...I felt so cheated for not being able to say a proper goodbye, so that kind of made up for it...anyways, one student wrote a song for me and sang it as I walked up the driveway...dad video taped it and just emailed it to me today...brought tears of joy to my eyes...as much as I'm anxious and nervous, I'm excited to get back...online sucked...

@jc100 I stand corrected...?

I did home visits (socially distanced of course) at the end of the last school year with each student and their families...I felt so cheated for not being able to say a proper goodbye, so that kind of made up for it...anyways, one student wrote a song for me and sang it as I walked up the driveway...dad video taped it and just emailed it to me today...brought tears of joy to my eyes...as much as I'm anxious and nervous, I'm excited to get back...online sucked...

I'm online for a year. Back in the classroom in Sept 2021 if all goes well. Tidying up my home office tomorrow, term starts on Tuesday. Good news...commute is pretty short. Bad news is I actually like meeting students and chatting to them properly. I’ll miss that.

Government needs to make sure that people know that the app is anonymous.

People don't believe it even when you smack them in the face with irrefutable proof of that reality however.

It happened right here in this very thread, *cough* pfbmgd.

The problem with this whole Covid thing is that a big portion of society have now reached a point where they feel that their opinions constitute facts...even when they don't. And they don't care if you try to convince them otherwise - yell until you're blue in the face, you're wasting your time, they've made up their mind that know more than anyone else on a topic so long as it fits their preconceived ideas.

One of my kids is getting the old runaround. He had to make up a math class over the summer, which he did. His advisor told him they couldn't do anything until Sept 1. Then gave him someone else to contact, who then told him to contact his advisor.

Eldest had the same type of issue at another institution, and I've heard of many others. So many kids pay so much, and still fall through the cracks.
Face it, at that age, they don't want to confront someone they're told to respect, so you need to reach out to them.

One of my kids is getting the old runaround. He had to make up a math class over the summer, which he did. His advisor told him they couldn't do anything until Sept 1. Then gave him someone else to contact, who then told him to contact his advisor.

Eldest had the same type of issue at another institution, and I've heard of many others. So many kids pay so much, and still fall through the cracks.
Face it, at that age, they don't want to confront someone they're told to respect, so you need to reach out to them.

school or Uni?

Damn. We have had ~4 emails from principal, two or three from bus and one from assigned teacher. Teachers knew at least the majority of their lists weeks ago.

People don't believe it even when you smack them in the face with irrefutable proof of that reality however.
Im sorry but nothing is "Anonymous" in the digital age, absolutely NOTHING, the govt trying to convince people a govt. sourced app is anonymous, will just end in pushback. The Govt instead needs to assure the public that the info the app collects is for the sole purpose of tracking COVID information that helps people identify their risks and seek testing/care for themselves and family members sooner rather then later. You will still get pushback from hardcore privacy policy advocates but it would be an easier pill to swallow for the average citizen.

I'm looking forward to seeing how Trump & his minions try to weasel their way out of recorded interviews with Bob Woodward and Trump himself.

is there some juicy material that’s new? Not heard about that.
"President Donald Trump knew Covid-19 was deadlier than the flu before it hit the US but wanted to play down the crisis, according to a new book.

Bob Woodward, the journalist who broke the Watergate scandal, interviewed Mr Trump 18 times from December to July.

Mr Trump told him the virus was "deadly stuff" before the first US death was confirmed, later adding he wanted to "play it down" to avoid causing panic."

"President Donald Trump knew Covid-19 was deadlier than the flu before it hit the US but wanted to play down the crisis, according to a new book.

Bob Woodward, the journalist who broke the Watergate scandal, interviewed Mr Trump 18 times from December to July.

Mr Trump told him the virus was "deadly stuff" before the first US death was confirmed, later adding he wanted to "play it down" to avoid causing panic."

Tsk...libtards attacking the president by using his own recorded, verified words against him. It’s just not fair.

As a person without kids, I don't envy those that have to make tough decisions these days.

true that....

I don't have kids but I act like one. Milestone day today, first trip to LCBO to pick up single malt scotch on the electric kick scooter.

Not really interested in Trump too much. There's enough 'Mericans second guessing him.
Hopefully, I didn't run around saying "Thanks Obama" all the time either.

So much for Pres. Tru, what about Prime Minister Tru? How does this relate to him, and therefore to us?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom