Coronavirus | Page 253 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not all privately owned homes are bad. My late father in law lived the last 7 years at a place in Kitchener that was awesome. They had 24/7 nursing staff. Great food and activities for the approx 90 residents. Over those 7 years they had 2 quarantine situations due to stomach flu outbreaks. All meals in their rooms for two weeks and no visitors. No casualties.
It wasn't the fanciest place, but the staff cared, and it showed.$3700/month.
So that was a high service retirement home or a nursing home?

That seems really high. Overall mortality rates have been hovering around 2% (or maybe less as very few locations have tested enough asymptomatic people to know how many positives exist in that population). I can't see overall mortality jumping to 7%.

EDIT:
1.2 million out of 328 million is 0.35%. Where did you get 7% from?

Either is going to be overwhelmed at this point. PPE won't be available the way it is at hospitals. Staff won't be as well trained in using it. There will be staff shortages due to the scare. There might still be an issue with staff servicing multiple residences.

That seems really high. Overall mortality rates have been hovering around 2% (or maybe less as very few locations have tested enough asymptomatic people to know how many positives exist in that population). I can't see overall mortality jumping to 7%.

EDIT:
1.2 million out of 328 million is 0.35%. Where did you get 7% from?
Those were the numbers they used to justify the shut down. They were only estimates at the time. I'll take a look and see if I can find the 7% again.

Here's one spot mid March, but it wasn't the one where I saw it originally:Coronavirus Death Rate Soars to 7% in Italy - Is America Next?

Here's a 4.7% article, 6.2% in the U.K. from the end of March: ‘Utterly unreliable’: The mystery behind the true COVID-19 death rate

Retirement home with nursing. A place like it in Toronto would be close to $7000/month.

Conestogo Lodge. Start saving. If you spent your last 10 years in a place like that....$440,000!

Retirement home with nursing. A place like it in Toronto would be close to $7000/month.

Conestogo Lodge. Start saving. If you spent your last 10 years in a place like that....$440,000!
My wifes grandmother was at a really nice place in barrie for a few years until she ran out of money. It's hard to save enough to pay over 70K a year.

Two types of care homes:

Oh well death, taxes and now the likelihood most of us will outlive our savings. Just another inevitability of life. Looks like a grim future for many Canadians.

But hey cheer up, the riding season is here.

Sent from my SGH-M919V using GTAMotorcycle.com mobile app

Oh well death, taxes and now the likelihood most of us will outlive our savings.
Because most people aren't saving. And don't have a clue how much they are going to need.
But they have got to have the trip to an island every winter and a couple weeks at a cottage every summer and the latest big screen etc etc etc.

anti bacterial haze is the best kind of haze for your office or home prefecture.

Not all privately owned homes are bad. My late father in law lived the last 7 years at a place in Kitchener that was awesome. They had 24/7 nursing staff. Great food and activities for the approx 90 residents. Over those 7 years they had 2 quarantine situations due to stomach flu outbreaks. All meals in their rooms for two weeks and no visitors. No casualties.
It wasn't the fanciest place, but the staff cared, and it showed.$3700/month.
Yes exactly, I have worked with several retirement residences around the GTA and they are all great places and well staffed, and you can tell they generally care for and look after the residences. But I am sure if COVID were to outbreak in any of these facilities it would overwhelm them. It's a very hands on situation dealing with super seniors and elderly, which takes more time per person. Plus they also have floors specific for physical an mentally challenged individuals. Even more hands on and time, you can't realistically distance yourself from then. They probably can't compensate with enough staff to deal with it all and COVID.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom