Coronavirus | Page 182 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Be thankful. I know of at least one large "engineering" company that discourages staff from getting their P.Eng. They have a couple P.Eng stampers that review and stamp. Terrible system. I'm not sure of the logic, maybe to save money, maybe to keep the employees less mobile.

They are playing fast and loose with Reg 941 by doing that, and the engineers are asking for trouble if anything ever goes wrong. I won't stamp any document that I didn't prepare myself, and company policy (not just me) is no stamped document for anything that we haven't seen with our own eyes.

"Them in" isn't the problem should we choose to not open our side.

Or...if people insist, a qualification that should you choose to exit Canada right now, when you return home you get sent directly to a supervised locked down mandatory isolation facility on your own dime for 14 days until you're proven symptom free.
Isn't that already in place.

Yes, and you are supposed to have a plan for how you are going to self-quarantine at the time that you cross the border, and if not, off to a designated hotel you go. Don't know how it's being enforced. I can't see it affecting a large number of people ... not many are crossing any more.

That depends a lot on the boss. I know some bosses draw a hard line and those without a degree cannot ascend above that line. I think that is a bad approach but that's the way it works some places. For some bosses, that line is drawn around their organization. No degree means you can never start working there to show what you can do.

In a CYA organization few bosses will take the political risk of hiring an employee without the appropriate wallpaper.

"Them in" isn't the problem should we choose to not open our side.

It's "our own back in" that's the issue....unless we prevent exits as well. Which, at least in the short term until they get their **** together down there, should happen.

Or...if people insist, a qualification that should you choose to exit Canada right now, when you return home you get sent directly to a supervised locked down mandatory isolation facility on your own dime for 14 days until you're proven symptom free.

Hundreds of Windsor nurses cross every day to work in Detroit hospitals. So much so that the hospitals would be in dire straights without them.

Hundreds of Windsor nurses cross every day to work in Detroit hospitals. So much so that the hospitals would be in dire straights without them.

The border is still open for essential services. Obviously we can't stop people who are saving lives or keeping the supply chains working. But all the rest of the riff-raff, illegal border crossers, gun smugglers, drug runners etc., we can do without. Forever.

Seems like Trump is pushing to get things back to normal. Breaking it down to a 14 day period of stages, with the first one starting by end of month.
Kinda seems rushed.

Actually, he didn't set any timelines. Each phase is supposed to be triggered by 14 days of a declining trend on new cases per day. He's leaving the decisions for each state up to state governors. He said that certain states could do that "tomorrow" ... I don't have information on hand to ascertain whether that's true; we'll see. The speech sounded very much like he was read the riot act by his legal advisors and health experts ... hopefully that's true. It appears that governors of a few groups of adjacent states (northeast, midwest, west coast) have been talking to each other to co-ordinate their actions, and at least some of the states in both the northeast and midwest groups already have lockdowns extended into mid or late May, so a premature 1st of May release is not going to happen. The subsequent phases will each require 14 days of declining trend ... this is going to extend several months - and based on how things look, that is as it should be.

There's still no widespread availability of rapid testing. No one has discussed what happens if adjacent states are at different phases. That the governors are getting together to do it themselves is a good thing although it's a lousy substitute for a national strategy.

Google and Apple apparently have been working on a contact-tracing application for Android and Apple phones, which is supposed to start being rolled out in May, and apparently they're going to do it in a way that encourages most people to get it as soon as possible. I can see a significant portion of the American people objecting to that. If that's what it takes to get our lives more-or-less back to normal ... I'm fine with it as long as the information is used only for contact tracing for public health purposes and NOTHING else, and that's apparently what they want to do.

Isn't that already in place.

As others mentioned, no. Arrive home at the border, guard asks “what’s your quarantine plan”, you respond “Going straight home and locking the door for 14 days” and they send you on your way.

The problem with that is many are simply just laughing it off beyond that.

Difference Being at this point many/most Canadians are already home. But if the Border opens again and people rush down there to get infected unknowingly and then come home....different ballgame then.

No doubt people have heard the orange one tout the supposed benefits of a drug called hydroxychloroquine, presumably based on a very preliminary and somewhat dodgy early study in France in which the authors of that study themselves said that the number of patients involved was too small and needed further study. That's been followed by others, and of some doctors prescribing it out of desperation and lack of any other choices, and people stockpiling the stuff based on the word of the orange leader.

Well. Here we go. This is from a couple of days ago. Hydroxychloroquine for COVID-19: What do the clinical trials tell us? - CEBM

TL : DR ?

"Current data do not support the use of hydroxychloroquine for prophylaxis or treatment of COVID-19. ... Neither they, nor three other negative trials that have since appeared, support the view that hydroxychloroquine is effective in the management of even mild COVID-19 disease."

In other words ... High probability that this whole thing, touted by the orange one, was a wild goose chase. Due to the inevitable stockpiling and demand from people wanting treatment with this, and doctors acting in desperation ... this may have adversely affected people who actually need that drug for treatment of other diseases for which its use is proven (e.g. lupus), and didn't do much, if anything, for people with covid-19.

Even in periods of desperation ... we still need to try to follow the scientific method the best we can.

Revised #s from China.

A bump of 350 odd infected but the revised death # from Wuhan by 1290 more will continue to raise concerns about truth from the CCP.

Dons attempt to reopen the borders better be a one way gate. And please, lets leave the Canadians that HAVE to drive down , the 'opportunity' to stay there for a while. The stupids that MUST go shopping in Buffalo, have to check the vacation house in XXX, cant survive without a bike ride to the dragon. Let them cross, leave them there.

No doubt people have heard the orange one tout the supposed benefits of a drug called hydroxychloroquine, presumably based on a very preliminary and somewhat dodgy early study in France in which the authors of that study themselves said that the number of patients involved was too small and needed further study. That's been followed by others, and of some doctors prescribing it out of desperation and lack of any other choices, and people stockpiling the stuff based on the word of the orange leader.

Well. Here we go. This is from a couple of days ago. Hydroxychloroquine for COVID-19: What do the clinical trials tell us? - CEBM

TL : DR ?

"Current data do not support the use of hydroxychloroquine for prophylaxis or treatment of COVID-19. ... Neither they, nor three other negative trials that have since appeared, support the view that hydroxychloroquine is effective in the management of even mild COVID-19 disease."

In other words ... High probability that this whole thing, touted by the orange one, was a wild goose chase. Due to the inevitable stockpiling and demand from people wanting treatment with this, and doctors acting in desperation ... this may have adversely affected people who actually need that drug for treatment of other diseases for which its use is proven (e.g. lupus), and didn't do much, if anything, for people with covid-19.

Even in periods of desperation ... we still need to try to follow the scientific method the best we can.

Aren't there indications that Trump organization owns shares in the hydroxy company.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom