Coronavirus | Page 140 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't remember the last time I had fast food. I really don't care which one is the lowest risk. I just find it off putting that only days into a pandemic lock-down I'm watching a battle for market share retention in the fast food industry play out on my TV.
Their businesses are dying. There'll be many owner switches and/or shutdowns after this is over.

Last edited:
People thinking test kits are going to be coming from amazon aren't really thinking that one through,
a test specimen would need to go to a laboratory for processing :/ this is not a pregnancy test where you can just pee on a stick and watch it turn blue.

Construction still going....along with its infrastructure and manufacturing. This is going to get ugly. If you think we are social distancing on construction sites your delusional. Unfortunately these builders and unions are all in it together and in the pocket of Doug Ford, money first, lives second

People thinking test kits are going to be coming from amazon aren't really thinking that one through,
a test specimen would need to go to a laboratory for processing :/ this is not a pregnancy test where you can just pee on a stick and watch it turn blue.

The antibody (IE, did I actually have it and recovered already, for people with minor or no symptoms) ARE exactly that, actually.

Blood based however. Finger pin prick though, like a diabetes test....basically almost nothing.

Construction still going....along with its infrastructure and manufacturing. This is going to get ugly. If you think we are social distancing on construction sites your delusional. Unfortunately these builders and unions are all in it together and in the pocket of Doug Ford, money first, lives second

Maybe you missed it, but all non essential construction is mandated closed as of midnight tonight. And the meaning of "essential" is actually essential this time....basically, if you're not building a hospital or something actually essential, you're done.

The antibody (IE, did I actually have it and recovered already, for people with minor or no symptoms) ARE exactly that, actually.

Blood based however. Finger pin prick though, like a diabetes test....basically almost nothing.

Maybe you missed it, but all non essential construction is mandated closed as of midnight tonight. And the meaning of "essential" is actually essential this time....basically, if you're not building a hospital or something actually essential, you're done.

Please stop reading headlines. All condo projects, subdivisions, renovations, as well as other industrial sectors and commercial sectors are continuing

Except that there's an exception for a residential housing project in which a building permit had been issued.

That exception is huge ... it means that any residential housing project that has started, can finish ... which will keep construction going for months.

Basically all it means is that they're not issuing new building permits. Yay.

I understand the need to finish certain phases of construction once started, or the need to weatherproof partially-completed structures, but it should have been written that way. "You have two weeks to bring any construction project to a safe and weather-resistant condition; only the minimum necessary to achieve that condition is permitted to continue."

You should patent that test, nobody else has it yet.

Except that there's an exception for a residential housing project in which a building permit had been issued.

That exception is huge ... it means that any residential housing project that has started, can finish ... which will keep construction going for months.
Or at least until the first inspection that has to be completed before construction can continue.
... you know you can't even pour concrete onto a pad that has not been compaction tested yet and the rebar has to be inspected to see that it was done right or that the sub ground level insulation was installed correctly etc etc.

Basically all it means is that they're not issuing new building permits. Yay.

Yes and no. Can finish? Maybe, maybe not as many suppliers are shutting down. Glass, metal work, stone fabrication, cabinet shops etc. It's the field I'm in. A lot more to building a house then swinging a hammer.

Dude...Google is your friend.

And I bet they patent that test too. You realize FDA approval in this case just means they can conduct the test :/ not that it necessarily works.

Dude. GOOGLE IT before you make yourself look any more silly. They're being manufactured by one company right here in the GTA (and several others around the world) and are already in use elsewhere. They're past the testing stages. They work. People are using this. This isn't a fantasy or something I've made up.

There's no question if they work or not. They do.

They are just waiting for clearance to sell them in Canada which is likely to happen soon given the rapid pace of things.

It seems only some projects will be allowed to continue. The Ont Gov has updated the list of esstential bussiens and narrowed it down including construction.

It seems only some projects will be allowed to continue. The Ont Gov has updated the list of esstential bussiens and narrowed it down including construction.

Its narrower, but if you've got you permit, its business as usual. You only need one permit for a high rise once it's out of the ground. Yes the site may run into supply issues but with a big enough site, the manufacturer will keep the plant going. I am with brian p. There should have been a line in the sand where construction was forced to stop.

In my business construction sites have been slowly shutting down over the last 3 weeks as the contractor's ability to buy and supply adequate PPE for their workers has been impacted. In my business, worker PPE is a requirement on a normal day.

Where work is continuing on some sites the crews have been moved to minimal size and physical spacing is no joke. Site access is super restricted and hygiene protocols are in place. The sites are often like ghost towns but work is continuing since these sites are classified as essential as they are infrastructure related.

There have been cases in the last few weeks where I have declined to visit some construction sites when I receive the agenda and see that 12 people are on the invite list.

Tory is asking douggie to ban small business evictions. Another dumb idea without thinking it through. The business gets behind on rent by many tens of thousands of dollars with no reasonable prospect of paying it back. If the landlord is unable to lock the doors and seize and sell the assets, the tenant should not be allowed to clear out the assets either to prevent the landlords only hope at restitution. Banning evictions with not even a glimpse of a viable plan at the other end will just result in a busy week for bailiffs when the ban is lifted.

Most landlords arent evil or dumb. If they have a tenant that is struggling but trying to make it work, they would be dumb to kick them out. There will be lots of empty locations after this mess and there is no guarantee they quickly fill with a new tenant.

Tory is asking douggie to ban small business evictions. Another dumb idea without thinking it through. The business gets behind on rent by many tens of thousands of dollars with no reasonable prospect of paying it back. If the landlord is unable to lock the doors and seize and sell the assets, the tenant should not be allowed to clear out the assets either to prevent the landlords only hope at restitution. Banning evictions with not even a glimpse of a viable plan at the other end will just result in a busy week for bailiffs when the ban is lifted.

Most landlords arent evil or dumb. If they have a tenant that is struggling but trying to make it work, they would be dumb to kick them out. There will be lots of empty locations after this mess and there is no guarantee they quickly fill with a new tenant.

Most aren’t but some are....Kingston's downtown core is mostly owned by one family who don’t seem to give a flying **** about what they charge for rent. In all the years I’ve been here I’ve watched business after business fail as they simply couldn’t pay the asking price. Now there’s either empty shop fronts or the wealthier businesses in place. We have quite a few banks, medical offices, laser eye places, a Roots and Gap. After this even the big box stores will likely go away.

People are still being stupid.They need to see the piles of bodies.Pics from my neighbourhood.
xIOYfZ1.jpg

PSd7Lkl.jpg

When a lot of these companies go under in normal times and you peek through the window all you see of their assets is a cheap desk and a phone. It'll be a numbered company so you can't go after the owner's assets. You could go after their receivables but if business has been bad they won't be much and banks / government get first dibs.

If salable goods or equipment are left behind can they just be taken and sold? If not they go through the system and the bank gets their cut first.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom