Coronavirus | Page 138 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
"It's just a foreign problem as for as they are concerned "

Ive been warning everyone about China for years. I do not buy anything made in China unless necessary and I do not buy any food product made in China period. The CPC have a plan to dominate the world. They infiltrate foreign governments and companies to steal proprietary technology (google Dupont white stolen by china) and gain influence. Canada stood by and allowed billions of dollars (much of it laundered) to flow from China into Vancouver and Toronto's real estate market, driving the cost of living up. Its the same situation all over the world in places like Australia, New Zealand etc. Find a market on the cusp of a boom, pour money in to create a bubble then sell. Rinse and repeat.
In China no foreigner can own housing or land. Heck citizens technically dont own the land their house rests on, the state owns it.
Covid-19 will not be the last virus we see originating from those wet markets.

I hope going forward that Canada and the rest of the world can de-couple themselves from China and slowly squeeze its prosperity and influence.

My daughter buys ornaments online from China and gets things for $3-4 shipping included. The package includes extra freebees. I can't mail anything Canada to Canada for that alone.

Lets be honest, anyone that needs to defer for a few months now has a snowballs chance in hell of paying off the outstanding balance in the near future and landlords have no leverage over a tenant that can just bail on the huge bill.

Reality is with the govt handing out $2000/month per person if you're unemployed because of this...people should be able to pay at least $500-$750/month of that towards their rent...unless they're a single parent with 5 kids or something, but even then, there are other benefits increasing then as well.

But everyone can pay SOMETHING...even if it's $250/month to help offset things a little.

2 single people both unemployed will be taking in $4000/month. They could pay rent JUST fine.

But a selection of the "screw the landlord, they can't evict me!" crowd still won't. Electronics, weed and liquor stores will probably be busy though.

Sad reality.

I think you know the story....but I'm bored

the communist revolution in China instantly flipped western alliances in 1949
Japan who had been the enemy become an overnight ally against the now communist enemy

so we had close diplomatic relations that turned into commerce

They also stopped prosecuting war criminals

Reactions: J_F
Reality is with the govt handing out $2000/month per person if you're unemployed because of this...people should be able to pay at least $500-$750/month of that towards their rent...unless they're a single parent with 5 kids or something, but even then, there are other benefits increasing then as well.

But everyone can pay SOMETHING...even if it's $250/month to help offset things a little.

2 single people both unemployed will be taking in $4000/month. They could pay rent JUST fine.

But a selection of the "screw the landlord, they can't evict me!" crowd still won't. Electronics, weed and liquor stores will probably be busy though.

Sad reality.

I dunno. I guess I'm more sympathetic to the younger generation.

I'm sure some of them will use the govt cheques to buy a new iPhone, but the facts are that wages have not kept up pace with the cost of living and millennials haven't been able to build the same kind of nest egg that previous generations have - specifically home equity.

The hurdle to jump from being a renter to an owner has risen considerably in the last decade or so.

If you already own a home, you may have lost touch with how difficult it is these days to enter the housing market.

Re the donkey photo, that is indeed NOT the story of the photo. But it fit someones preconceived need for the story, so I'm sure everyone believes it.

When it comes to things like this, spelling errors in the text is the first sign the "facts" contained therein should be questioned. Conrona (seriously, a typo that big is a red flag), wonder vs wander, etc...

FWIW the real story is that the donkey is an orphan. The mother was killed by artillery. The donkey was carried until a place was found where it could be cared for.

Hmmm, the Atlantic is not exactly an objective publication -- they are bedfellows with CNN -- anything the republicans going to be portrayed as baad.
Viewing the situation from a right handed pub looks like this: CBS Poll: No, Right-Leaners Aren't Ignoring Social Distancing Demands.

I wouldn't want to be a gringo in a banana republic right now. If you have a fist full of cash you'll be a target, if you don't you'll be useless baggage. Keeping law and order is gonna be tough in some of these countries -- corruption doesn't show much humanity when the going gets tough.

I'll have to check on a couple of people I know in Panama, not the worst of places but still not as good as here. One is a native Panamanian and another a Canadian that wants a luxury life that she can't afford here.

I dunno. I guess I'm more sympathetic to the younger generation.

I'm sure some of them will use the govt cheques to buy a new iPhone, but the facts are that wages have not kept up pace with the cost of living and millennials haven't been able to build the same kind of nest egg that previous generations have - specifically home equity.

The hurdle to jump from being a renter to an owner has risen considerably in the last decade or so.

If you already own a home, you may have lost touch with how difficult it is these days to enter the housing market.

Thank you! As a young person and fairly new home owner, it is a very difficult time. I did defer my mortgage (third party company would only do 2 months) because I've now been off work for 3 weeks, and my second job of teaching the bike course is currently cancelled. I live 1.5 hours north of Toronto as that's the only area I could afford and I make less than what is deemed a livable wage for the area. My monthly house bills, not including food, just stuff for the house, is roughly $2,400/month. Please tell me how I'm dumb for choosing to have food on my table instead of paying mortgage. Also I applied for ei 3 weeks ago, so I'm not entirely sure I'll be getting the $2000/month, so far it looks like EI will give me $1,200.

Thankfully I do have a spouse, but he is also on reduced hours. Yes we had some money saved up (not much) but that was for a house emergency while still receiving income. So please stop thinking people are idiots for deferring mortgages or rent, as much as we try to plan in todays world we get paid squat and can't create a nest eggs. I saved up for a rainy day, not rainy months.

Got my notice of suspended work today.

Being paid to stay home, thank Jesus for good employers. Good luck to those not as fortunate.

Thank you! As a young person and fairly new home owner, it is a very difficult time. I did defer my mortgage (third party company would only do 2 months) because I've now been off work for 3 weeks, and my second job of teaching the bike course is currently cancelled. I live 1.5 hours north of Toronto as that's the only area I could afford and I make less than what is deemed a livable wage for the area. My monthly house bills, not including food, just stuff for the house, is roughly $2,400/month. Please tell me how I'm dumb for choosing to have food on my table instead of paying mortgage. Also I applied for ei 3 weeks ago, so I'm not entirely sure I'll be getting the $2000/month, so far it looks like EI will give me $1,200.

Thankfully I do have a spouse, but he is also on reduced hours. Yes we had some money saved up (not much) but that was for a house emergency while still receiving income. So please stop thinking people are idiots for deferring mortgages or rent, as much as we try to plan in todays world we get paid squat and can't create a nest eggs. I saved up for a rainy day, not rainy months.
I don't think anyone is an idiot for deferring a mortgage. Obviously, over the long term it would be cheaper to avoid that step, but you need to do what you have to to get through the next few months.

My problems is renters don't want to defer, they don't want to pay at all. That is a huge problem when interest and condo fees on their rental often eat up most of the rent payment. When the tenant skips rent, the landlord literally has to throw a few thousand a month of their money at the property. Most landlords don't have that much cashflow either (especially for the next few months). Someone that believes they should be able to live rent free for months with their landlord picking up the tab is an idiot.

I think you took his post slightly out of context (or missed it) but well said.

I'm fairly certain I'm going to be laid off Monday at the end of my shift.

We are thankfully in a financial situation where that will be just fine in the greater scheme of things, so I'm not fretting it. In many respects it'll actually be a relief as some of the crazies & irresponsible idiots I've been exposed to in the last week being back at work make me more than happy to sit here at home and nurse my inner introvert.

I'm fairly certain I'm going to be laid off Monday at the end of my shift.

We are thankfully in a financial situation where that will be just fine in the greater scheme of things, so I'm not fretting it. In many respects it'll actually be a relief as some of the crazies & irresponsible idiots I've been exposed to in the last week being back at work make me more than happy to sit here at home and nurse my inner introvert.
Is it because of the cough or the company is temporarily scaling back substantially (or completely)?

Sad reality.
The sad reality is what's going to happen to them once things bounce back. I'm sure it feels good to 'stick it to the man' and smoke your rent under cover of the pandemic. How's the man gonna react once the curtain lifts on the eviction moratorium?

There are no evictions orders being issued or executed today -- doesn't mean landlords can't still pursue evictions for unpaid rents the moment the moratorium is lifted.

I don't think anyone is an idiot for deferring a mortgage. Obviously, over the long term it would be cheaper to avoid that step, but you need to do what you have to to get through the next few months.

My problems is renters don't want to defer, they don't want to pay at all. That is a huge problem when interest and condo fees on their rental often eat up most of the rent payment. When the tenant skips rent, the landlord literally has to throw a few thousand a month of their money at the property. Most landlords don't have that much cashflow either (especially for the next few months). Someone that believes they should be able to live rent free for months with their landlord picking up the tab is an idiot.

It's hard being a little guy. If a person owned a number of condos the total income could cover one deadbeat. If they only have one unit they are paying for it and where they live. Not so good.

Btw @GreyGhost

Wife to be quit her job Monday and is going back to the trenches (Casual RT).

Apparently news of this move made it all the way to the President of her rather large company. 30 minute phone call from the Pres. today to discuss how someone would willingly quit a 6 figure job to go back to a 'risky hospital environment' in pending conditions.

I got a good one. ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom