Coronavirus | Page 121 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
All ships and boats, look at the flag you are flying, that is where you dock in this situation, and the world should force that country to allow them to dock. Navy, Cruise, etc. Simple as that.

Zaandam is registered in the Netherlands, flying their flag. The boat needs to dock there, not Florida or anywhere else.

Trump and his team are saying expect 100,000 to 200,000 deaths in the US from COVID. I know they are doing poorly but are those numbers real or are they just padding them so when 50,000 die they can say look at the great job.... They still seem very high to me???

Some other numbers....

US to Canada population 8.7:1
US to Canada COVID infections 22:1
US to Canada COVID deaths 36:1

Interesting numbers given the geographic and other similarities between the two countries....

100,000 would be 8 times Italy to date, unfortunately they're not done; population of USA is about 5 times Italy.

The USA's situation in terms of deaths per capita now is like what Italy was when they had 700 deaths - that was March 10 - 11 and it was after Italy went on lockdown (which was too late).

On the one hand, Italy is more densely populated than the USA is. On the other, I don't foresee the USA imposing a national lockdown anywhere near as stringent, and if they tried, I can't see the gun-totin' hillbillies and rednecks complying. Italy had their own issues with compliance - and so do we.

Italy has lots of people who smoke, and lots of older folks. The American population is generally somewhat younger (good), doesn't smoke as much (good), but is more obese (bad). Tough to call.

US death count is multiplying by between 5 and 6 every week. At that rate ... a week from now they'll be at 20,000, and two weeks from now they'll be at 100,000. If they succeed with social distancing to at least some extent (they are doing something, even if not to the extent Italy does), it might take another week past that.

Do keep in mind that we are not out of the woods, either.

91366738_10163518391795045_3661136303291891712_o.jpg
hey sweet! Cops are handing out tickets and ppl are getting arrested for failing to comply with social distancing!

Thank you Ontario, we've finally caught up with Asia! My hopes have risen.

All ships and boats, look at the flag you are flying, that is where you dock in this situation, and the world should force that country to allow them to dock. Navy, Cruise, etc. Simple as that.

Zaandam is registered in the Netherlands, flying their flag. The boat needs to dock there, not Florida or anywhere else.

That's a nice perfect world situation you've got in mind there, but not based on the reality that there's sick and dying (and dead) people onboard. Not to mention they almost certainly don't have enough food nor fuel to sail half way around the world right now for that luxury.

If they succeed with social distancing to at least some extent

Their success rate with that has proven to be very low. One need only look online for plenty of proof of people just blatantly ignoring the requests to social distance, or still in the "screw you, I'm gonna do whatever I wanna do, cuz murica" camp.

Trump and his team are saying expect 100,000 to 200,000 deaths in the US from COVID. I know they are doing poorly but are those numbers real or are they just padding them so when 50,000 die they can say look at the great job.... They still seem very high to me???

Some other numbers....

US to Canada population 8.7:1
US to Canada COVID infections 22:1
US to Canada COVID deaths 36:1

Interesting numbers given the geographic and other similarities between the two countries....
Not that simple given the way the curve works. Those stats will be comparable after it has run its course, but even a few days different in starting point and not so much. Especially if for instance, canada got seeded with covid in barrie and london and US got seeded in NYC and Miami.

That's a nice perfect world situation you've got in mind there, but not based on the reality that there's sick and dying (and dead) people onboard. Not to mention they almost certainly don't have enough food nor fuel to sail half way around the world right now for that luxury.

They are getting resupplied at sea now, that is how they are still sailing around in circles for days/weeks....

Serious cases should be medevaced off, we have that technology.

At the end of the day, they are sailing in circles for days and weeks crying about no one letting them dock, they could have reached the Flag of Convenience country long before Florida takes them in. Remember, while Zaandam is the Netherlands (if they just went there they would be docked now time wise, still crying at sea!), many are actually flagged Bahamas, etc., pretty short trip.

View attachment 42400
hey sweet! Cops are handing out tickets and ppl are getting arrested for failing to comply with social distancing!

Underground parking? What the hell? How dumb were they? They had to be having an orgy loud enough that neighbours called the cops who eventually showed up and gave the ticket.

Underground parking? What the hell? How dumb were they? They had to be having an orgy loud enough that neighbours called the cops who eventually showed up and gave the ticket.

Apparently some friend's bro's gf or something.

Sounds like something many of would be stupid enough to do when between 16-25? lol

Yep I saw that but only play the lottery. They had a $10 bonus promo if you bought $15 in lottery so I took advantage of that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Due to overwhelming demand, new accounts not accepted until after midnight.

Saw that posted on Facebook, thought it was fake, still think it is, something about it doesn't seem right.

They are getting resupplied at sea now, that is how they are still sailing around in circles for days/weeks....

Serious cases should be medevaced off, we have that technology.

At the end of the day, they are sailing in circles for days and weeks crying about no one letting them dock, they could have reached the Flag of Convenience country long before Florida takes them in. Remember, while Zaandam is the Netherlands (if they just went there they would be docked now time wise, still crying at sea!), many are actually flagged Bahamas, etc., pretty short trip.

plenty of Dutch protectorates in the Caribbean.

Who wants to bet they don't have the same problem finding a place to dock as those last few cruise ships still at sea being refused at every port they try to dock at...including freakin' Florida.

Seriously?

-They are currently docked.
-In Guam, a US Territory.
-At a US Naval/Air base that takes up more than a quarter of the island (and more or less pays the way for the rest of the island).

Regarding the projected deaths, that lowest number of 100,000 is best case scenerio according to their models and assumptions.
One of those assumptions is that no other U.S. major city will see infection rates like NYC.

Trump said if they had done nothing, they would be seeing projections of 2.1 to 2.6 million Americans dead.

And yet there are still some States that are not taking the necessary steps to mitigate the spread of the virus.

Regarding the projected deaths, that lowest number of 100,000 is best case scenerio according to their models and assumptions.
One of those assumptions is that no other U.S. major city will see infection rates like NYC.

Trump said if they had done nothing, they would be seeing projections of 2.1 to 2.6 million Americans dead.

And yet there are still some States that are not taking the necessary steps to mitigate the spread of the virus.

Like the CEO that gets a $10 million bonus when the company loses $100 million. "If it wasn't for me we would have lost $200 million."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom