Coronavirus | Page 62 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Isle-of-man, Greenland, Madagascar and Guernsey all made the case list yesterday :(

So I found that most likely the next semester ( 4 months of school) will be completely online with no lab access... And the school still expects us to pay in class fees, Oh boy...

I don’t think we are going to see relief until August or September. And I still see students hanging out, families taking walks , tenants chatting etc... Take it seriously so testing can catch up and Canada can flatten the e^x function. Please

<— my life is absolutely upside down... No need to live close to school but if I leave I lose my low apartment rent, coop offers being rescinded, summer employment being halted, very hard to focus and “exams” are in April (most of us can’t focus) and being stuck in a tiny apartment for 10+ days alone doesn’t help... And I can’t risk going to my parent’s home (nice and huge) due to their age. Ahhhh, this is crazy.

I don’t know if I could survive online school and 4 months in a apartment. ??? Turn insane???? :cry:o_O

But that is probably what will happen :|

Literally in ~2 weeks, everything just HALTED. My calendar is EMPTY now except for school deliverables

Is this what people in jail go through?.?

Edit: Reducing going outside right now because the slum landlord barely cleans the door handles etc. And I don’t have enough supplies to clean the apartment building... I dug into my savings and bought a second air purifier so all three are working 24/7, dehumidifier running 24/7, clothes get washed ASAP if I go outside, I installed a shower current to protect air from the main door coming into the apartment and jammed air filters inside all the windows. Recently, I bought enough food and supplies to last me a year (I hope or I starve and get skinny ). Preparing for the worst case scenario of a tenant that lives here getting it.

How is everyone else doing??

In the off chance that chemistry is one of your subjects message me and I’ll send some resources your way. If it helps any, online courses are fine if you “get in to the groove” of them. Set a schedule as if you were in class. Do the same things at the same time every week. If you have online office hours go to them, even if it’s for a chat about anything. We are social animals and need to interact. Set up online groups with the rest of the class as it really helps to know how everyone else is feeling and what they think. You'll not be feeling as anxious about where you stand in the class if you realize everyone else has the same worries etc.

So I found that most likely the next semester ( 4 months of school) will be completely online with no lab access... And the school still expects us to pay in class fees, Oh boy...

I don’t think we are going to see relief until August or September. And I still see students hanging out, families taking walks , tenants chatting etc... Take it seriously so testing can catch up and Canada can flatten the e^x function. Please

<— my life is absolutely upside down... No need to live close to school but if I leave I lose my low apartment rent, coop offers being rescinded, summer employment being halted, very hard to focus and “exams” are in April (most of us can’t focus) and being stuck in a tiny apartment for 10+ days alone doesn’t help... And I can’t risk going to my parent’s home (nice and huge) due to their age. Ahhhh, this is crazy.

I don’t know if I could survive online school and 4 months in a apartment. ??? Turn insane???? :cry:o_O

But that is probably what will happen :|

Literally in ~2 weeks, everything just HALTED. My calendar is EMPTY now except for school deliverables

Is this what people in jail go through?.?

Edit: Reducing going outside right now because the slum landlord barely cleans the door handles etc. And I don’t have enough supplies to clean the apartment building... I dug into my savings and bought a second air purifier so all three are working 24/7, dehumidifier running 24/7, clothes get washed ASAP if I go outside, I installed a shower current to protect air from the main door coming into the apartment and jammed air filters inside all the windows. Recently, I bought enough food and supplies to last me a year (I hope or I starve and get skinny ). Preparing for the worst case scenario of a tenant that lives here getting it.

How is everyone else doing??
Yeah somewhat the same, self isolating, But I still go outside now and then, so far for riding. But no contact with people while doing that. Only other reason to leave is to get groceries.

Talk to friends, family on the phone keep in touch with people to help keep your sanity. I believe some limited outdoor activity away from people would be helpful if you can. Go to the park walk, get some sun. Or if you have a balcony get out there once a day.

It's gonna be a challenge but we can do it!

I think this page has some valuable info if you are into stats,

Hopefully it wasn't posted earlier in the thread, don't mean to duplicate links.

Pets....if your pets are on specific pet food that you cannot get at a regular grocery store (ie you don't feed them the crap food) it might not be a bad idea to go get a big bag...

If they consider pet stores non-essential some things may be hard to get...

Good news.

Went to Global Pet foods this morn, big sign on the door stating they are getting regular shipments, and will NOT be closing as they ARE considered essential. I grabbed my two bags of raw food as per normal.

Based on worldometers as of 20th March, USA had 256 deaths.

Two weeks from now the "World Leader" is going to be leading in the latest category. Covid deaths per capita.

Good news.

Went to Global Pet foods this morn, big sign on the door stating they are getting regular shipments, and will NOT be closing as they ARE considered essential. I grabbed my two bags of raw food as per normal.
Appreciate this.

Bets on whether he suspends testing on corpses to "save the tests for the living"?
What makes you think they are testing corpses when the testing can't keep up to the living demand :/ you think anybody is doing a complete autopsy on people who die while under medical care supervision? I bet nobody has tested livestock yet either, they are probably just waiting to see if cows start dropping dead in the fields for no apparent reason.

I think this page has some valuable info if you are into stats,

Hopefully it wasn't posted earlier in the thread, don't mean to duplicate links.

I see a promising sign right off the bat. "Cumulative cases by symptom onset" is leveling off and "new cases by date of symptom onset" is dropping. Although (as they state) this might not include all recent cases, one would think that the earlier dates in that region probably include most of them.

I bet nobody has tested livestock yet either, they are probably just waiting to see if cows start dropping dead in the fields for no apparent reason.

I guess you missed the part about how they were shocked at how quickly the virus mutated.

What makes you think they are testing corpses when the testing can't keep up to the living demand :/ you think anybody is doing a complete autopsy on people who die while under medical care supervision? I bet nobody has tested livestock yet either, they are probably just waiting to see if cows start dropping dead in the fields for no apparent reason.
The ontario fatalities didnt have a positive test until after death.

Good news.

Good fall back in case we run out of food, eh @Trials :ROFLMAO:

I guess you missed the part about how they were shocked at how quickly the virus mutated.
What's this mutate bit? the thing is toxic to life as it is, this thing does not have to change its form or nature to thrive.

delet

Last edited:
What's this mutate bit? the thing is toxic to life as it is, this thing does not have to change its form or nature to thrive.

You seem to like making assertions about Covid, but you you're a bit thin on facts.

In case that's going to end up TL;DR, here's the Cole's Notes version. Scientists (not people on a moto forum) seem to be leaning towards scenario #2.

In this scenario, both of the distinctive features of SARS-CoV-2's spike protein -- the RBD portion that binds to cells and the cleavage site that opens the virus up -- would have evolved to their current state prior to entering humans. In this case, the current epidemic would probably have emerged rapidly as soon as humans were infected, as the virus would have already evolved the features that make it pathogenic and able to spread between people.

In the other proposed scenario, a non-pathogenic version of the virus jumped from an animal host into humans and then evolved to its current pathogenic state within the human population. For instance, some coronaviruses from pangolins, armadillo-like mammals found in Asia and Africa, have an RBD structure very similar to that of SARS-CoV-2. A coronavirus from a pangolin could possibly have been transmitted to a human, either directly or through an intermediary host such as civets or ferrets.

You seem to like making assertions about Covid, but you you're a bit thin on facts.

In case that's going to end up TL;DR, here's the Cole's Notes version. Scientists (not people on a moto forum) seem to be leaning towards scenario #2.

In this scenario, both of the distinctive features of SARS-CoV-2's spike protein -- the RBD portion that binds to cells and the cleavage site that opens the virus up -- would have evolved to their current state prior to entering humans. In this case, the current epidemic would probably have emerged rapidly as soon as humans were infected, as the virus would have already evolved the features that make it pathogenic and able to spread between people.

In the other proposed scenario, a non-pathogenic version of the virus jumped from an animal host into humans and then evolved to its current pathogenic state within the human population. For instance, some coronaviruses from pangolins, armadillo-like mammals found in Asia and Africa, have an RBD structure very similar to that of SARS-CoV-2. A coronavirus from a pangolin could possibly have been transmitted to a human, either directly or through an intermediary host such as civets or ferrets.

Attachments

• trails.jpg
    trails.jpg
    359.2 KB · Views: 11
Good read, did not see anything I have not recently read elsewhere though.
When I was very young, I had to take CALAS training and pass the courses, 90% of that training was infectious disease, 10% medical terminology.
I operated a scientific instrument company servicing equipment used in health care and research laboratories including the stuff used in electron microscopy starting in 1979,
You know the machines they use in to quick section a biopsy for pathology testing while you are still alive on the table. :I my job was to clean and overhaul every piece of those machines and the microscopes used throughout the hospital. I'm old and I seen **** not just guessing about it.

Stay healthy people it is your own body that is your best defence, Some of the things we are doing now is excess to something that is already here, we should have been doing many things before the pandemic and there is still so much to do.

Once it is full blown known to exist in a building has anyone thought about boot wash stations?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom