Coronavirus | Page 340 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's the announcement that I thought was going to kill my trial.

Are there stands where spectators huddle together?

Are there points where spectators huddle together?

Are there pits where participants can't distance?

What is the expected attendance?

There is a common sense vs thing law with taming this animal. Ten people is the maximum indoor body count but what would be safer, ten people in an average rec room or eleven that got together and rented a hockey arena for a skate?

The logistics of calculating air volume and respiration rates for every structure and person isn't realistic so a broad brush is applied.

Outdoors, a still valley or a windy hilltop?

No, no and No we are not even allowed to have spectators this year.
... and I'm kinda hoping that the riders in attendance will be extremely healthy and the sickly infected ones stay home in quarantine.

Other then that, wtf makes me their protector and guardian ? people need to assume some responsibility for their own actions at some point in life, that's part of growing up.

Even at sanctioned events that are allowed to happen, like a trials, its the people in attendance that will eventually choke them also. I manage a yacht club bar and clubhouse as part of my volunteering with the club.
People are still shaking hands with folks they haven't seen in months, add two beers and the hugging starts. They stand around too close because "they don't have covid!" , I'm nobodies guardian and certainly not a traffic cop. However since I organize events , I have a responsibility to ensure washroom facility meets code of the day, people are staying 6 ft apart, masks are worn going into the portapottis.
We cancelled any event that would have anyone travel from outside the municipality.

... I manage a yacht club bar and clubhouse...
We don't have those things out in the woods, we have birds and squirrels and deer. In fact some of the places we ride trials events now will be where dudes go to shoot, kill and gut nearly anything that moves in the woods come this November.

Went to several parts of Quebec on the way back and same result every time....lots of kids without masks with parents in stores/groceries etc. Some parts of Quebec just went to an Orange alert from yellow with cases rising. I’m not that surprised.

Your little ankle biters aren’t special...put a f****ing mask on them.

apparently another 'impromptu' car show in Hamilton with estimates of several hundred showing up, on the heels of the Oakville 'impromptu' car show from a couple weeks ago, at least a few cars had plates pulled and a few unsafe vehicles ticketed so there is a small win. Again its the largely under 40 crowd, doing what they can to force the province back into lockdown.

We escaped cabin fever yesterday and went to a flea market. The usual remembering of things we threw out that people want big bucks for now. An empty Texaco oil can for $35.00. Everyone was masked and there wasn't any crowding. A few masks weren't over the nose which got my wife asking who should stick their nose into the situation.

Technically IMO the store manager should be notified and he / she takes appropriate action. No different than reporting any other offence. If the store is negligent they get the big fine.

From there we went to Judy's, just west of Erin for a bite to eat. We're very cautious about eat in restaurants. Once you're seated and eating, a once quiet, well spaced room can change if a bunch of boisterous types come in. Then what do you do? Leave your meals, gulp them down or hope for the best?

Judy's had a dozen picnic benches outside and the weather was good so we ordered wraps and all was fine. There was only one other couple outside but a few more inside. Lot's of wipe down stuff.

Degrees of separation: My wife was talking to a neighbour who lost her 74 year old sister. The sister was a volunteer in a hospital and got Covid but survived. Unfortunately it damaged her heart and she succumbed to heart failure. If, when you die, you are not infected is it still a C-19 death?

How far does the cause effect consideration go? If you lose your arms in a car crash and then starve to death because you can't feed yourself did you die from the car crash?

We've been relaxing our personal guard as rates settled down but are now re-visiting our own situation. Winter isn't going to be fun cooped up. If there is snow what will the effect be on the slopes for skiers? Apres ski not great I'm guessing. Viruses like the cold so snowmobiling, skating and ice fishing need a review as well.

Degrees of separation: My wife was talking to a neighbour who lost her 74 year old sister. The sister was a volunteer in a hospital and got Covid but survived. Unfortunately it damaged her heart and she succumbed to heart failure. If, when you die, you are not infected is it still a C-19 death?

How far does the cause effect consideration go? If you lose your arms in a car crash and then starve to death because you can't feed yourself did you die from the car crash?

We've been relaxing our personal guard as rates settled down but are now re-visiting our own situation. Winter isn't going to be fun cooped up. If there is snow what will the effect be on the slopes for skiers? Apres ski not great I'm guessing. Viruses like the cold so snowmobiling, skating and ice fishing need a review as well.
Often deaths like that are classified as complications from (insert original illness/incident here). No idea how they are being captured (or not) in ontario covid stats.

We bought our season passes for skiing. We'll see how it goes. The current plans I have heard are either one family per chair (bigger problem for places like Blue with big chairs) or everyone on lift must wear a mask (which if it is a non-valved cotton mask like we have now will quickly freeze solid). The hill guaranteed that they will be open for at least 100 days. If they are not able to provide that , they will carry a credit for the next season (not ideal, but better than nothing). You can request and receive a full refund until November 15.

I don't expect clerks making minimum wage to put themselves in danger to kick people out for not wearing masks properly.

It's up to you to be responsible.

Why do we compare ourselves to the U.S. for our response? Are we that full of ourselves? We're a fraction of their population.
Should we compare ourselves to somewhere with a similar population count, like Poland?

Bought my local ski pass, I usually wear a merino wool balaclava since I hate cold so I've been practising for Covid for several winters now. I have no idea how they will handle the chairlifts, I expect enormous line ups to handle distancing.
Boots will go on in the parking lot. Gonna be a long winter...

Long winter indeed....I usually break up my winters with a Central American trip but probably not this year. I used to play Canadian frictionless hypothermic sports like hockey and skiing until I realized:

1. I’m a pylon when playing hockey
2. Skiing is fun for 1h tops
3. The f*****g cold can go **** itself

I think I’ll get a few other hobbies. Going to try reloading ammo this winter I think and playing at the range when the weather allows. I have a marine aquarium that needs some serious attention and modernizing. I’ll set up some automatic functions for that. More house upgrades. That may help the winter pass.

I don't expect clerks making minimum wage to put themselves in danger to kick people out for not wearing masks properly.

It's up to you to be responsible.

Why do we compare ourselves to the U.S. for our response? Are we that full of ourselves? We're a fraction of their population.
Should we compare ourselves to somewhere with a similar population count, like Poland?

I don't want the broken nose either. If I feel the number of mask problems are a risk I would leave and tell the manager or head office why. As much as we think otherwise we have no legal authority to directly challenge people on their health status.

If I was a manager / owner I would prefer being advised by a customer that is economically appeased rather than a bylaw officer handing me a $10,000 fine. That's why they have managers.

Wife used the TTC in Toronto. Not everybody wears masks. Many that do, don't cover their nose (mouth breathers?). Government would need to fix itself before coming down hard on businesses for what customers do, I would expect.

Wife used the TTC in Toronto. Not everybody wears masks. Many that do, don't cover their nose (mouth breathers?). Government would need to fix itself before coming down hard on businesses for what customers do, I would expect.
It's like speeding. Gov't picks and chooses who gets the ticket. There is no requirement to clean up your house before going after others and just because someone else was committing a larger infraction than you doesn't help you fight your ticket.

I can tell you, as a manager, you didnt sign up to be a traffic cop, or even a guard. You have a responsibility to tell the stupids to stand apart, wear a mask, dont be hugging. And it gets really tiring fast.
sorting out the Karens and Chads and Staceys will suck up a lot of time better spent on anything else.

I can tell you, as a manager, you didnt sign up to be a traffic cop, or even a guard. You have a responsibility to tell the stupids to stand apart, wear a mask, dont be hugging. And it gets really tiring fast.
sorting out the Karens and Chads and Staceys will suck up a lot of time better spent on anything else.

It goes back to the owner and whether they support staff or clientele. If it's a big enough issue hire muscle. The wait staff doesn't usually double as bouncers.

I had to tell a stupid today at the grocery store, to keep his distance. Snuck up right behind me, I was "dude social distancing".. Looked at me like a dummy would.... I've also had to tell people at gas station who go in to pay with no mask. ?‍♂️

This is why I minimize any going to any stores as much as possible. You are surrounded by dumb.

I had to tell a stupid today at the grocery store, to keep his distance. Snuck up right behind me, I was "dude social distancing".. Looked at me like a dummy would....

Had the same thing happen to me at a Husky station 2 weeks ago. There was a guy at the counter, I was standing on the 1st six foot spaced feet sticker on the floor, and a guy walked up and stood right behind me. Just so happened I was holding back a fart till I could get outside. When in doubt, gas 'em.

Some mixed messages from CDC saying airborne isn't an issue. Then some bafflegab about the press release was premature. The head of CDC is appointed by the POTUS. Tomorrow should ring the bell for victim 200,000. Oops the odometer just clicked over. It's nine months from the first US death. Forty three days to N-03 and the circus is still bringing in new acts as the tent burns.

US traffic deaths tend to be just under 40,000 a year with about 4.4 million injured. FWIW.

Some mixed messages from CDC saying airborne isn't an issue. Then some bafflegab about the press release was premature. The head of CDC is appointed by the POTUS. Tomorrow should ring the bell for victim 200,000. Oops the odometer just clicked over. It's nine months from the first US death. Forty three days to N-03 and the circus is still bringing in new acts as the tent burns.

US traffic deaths tend to be just under 40,000 a year with about 4.4 million injured. FWIW.

Pretty sure airborne IS the issue...nasty numbers coming out of the UK right now, the projected numbers for October look really bad if the doubling occurs as it has. This thing wouldn't be so damn infectious without the airborne/surfaces thing.

Some parts of Europe also not looking good especially things like hospital cases in France etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom