Coronavirus | Page 220 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hope they soon start updating the public on what cities have or do not have recent positives ? distribution based on provincial size areas is near useless information at this point.

I hope they soon start updating the public on what cities have or do not have recent positives ? distribution based on provincial size areas is near useless information at this point.
As always, the heat map has a very close correlation with the population density map.

A lot of people are really scared. My bil and sil live in a town 3 hours north where they have 0 cases of covid 19. But they refuse to use the elevator in their 3 story condo. And they keep having to retreat back up when they encounter someone on the stairs.

Worker in a McDonald's near me, had it. It's undergoing a deep clean before they reopen. Wife wanted McD's, so we went to another town.

McDonalds are saying they are going outside of canada to buy beef

Worker in a McDonald's near me, had it. It's undergoing a deep clean before they reopen. Wife wanted McD's, so we went to another town.

I refuse to go shopping in my town, usually go 2 towns over in rural country for groceries etc , population density and number of cases indeed have a strong correlation

McDonalds are saying they are going outside of canada to buy beef

Guess that's what happens when all your eggs are in one basket...and someone drops the basket. I'm sure they'll revert to all Canadian as soon as they can however since that's one of their main advertising points.

I refuse to go shopping in my town, usually go 2 towns over in rural country for groceries etc , population density and number of cases indeed have a strong correlation

You realize the problems in that plan, right?

Better drivers?

- If YOU are the sick one you're perhaps unknowingly importing Covid to that other area.
- If all your neighbours are doing the same thing then you might end up catching it there anyways and you're no further ahead.
- They really don't want you there, IE, read the stories about people not going to their cottages right now.

It's the geographical travel thing that's the risk right now - the main reason things like airlines are shut down.

Don't get me wrong, I've spent my fair share of time riding around in the last 4 weeks...but I go out of my way to not actually stop anywhere aside from a parking lot somewhere to eat my packed lunch and coffee, and if needed, to get gas while sanitizing my hands before and after.

For grocery shopping and anything else essential I've gone to the same 2 or 3 stores repeatedly.

- If YOU are the sick one you're perhaps unknowingly importing Covid to that other area.
- If all your neighbours are doing the same thing then you might end up catching it there anyways and you're no further ahead.
- They really don't want you there, IE, read the stories about people not going to their cottages right now.

It's the geographical travel thing that's the risk right now - the main reason things like airlines are shut down.

Don't get me wrong, I've spent my fair share of time riding around in the last 4 weeks...but I go out of my way to not actually stop anywhere aside from a parking lot somewhere to eat my packed lunch and coffee, and if needed, to get gas while sanitizing my hands before and after.

For grocery shopping and anything else essential I've gone to the same 2 or 3 stores repeatedly.

I suppose in theory anything is possible, all one can do is take the best possible precautions

What if you crash and end up at the hospital? Not only do you risk contracting, but you further burden the medical system

(for the record, I havent left the house in the last 3 months, havent found work since finishing school and getting my license, and im also the king of Germophobes )

Sucks about the BBQ place going bonkers.
I’ve tried a bunch of smoke houses here in southern Ontario and a mess of them in NC and TN. 2 places in NC/TN are amazing — Notorious P.I.G. Near Sylvia and the Haywood Smokehouse in Franklin.

Got sick and tired of sub-par places, so I ended up buying a Big Green Egg and have been experimenting ever since. Took a good 15-20 times (total) to get it sorted out for roasts, steak and beef tenderloin. Have only done 1 hunk of brisket so far,but it’s a super finicky meat and tough to figure out.

Smergy’s got it sorted pretty well. Want a good brisket? Pay him. Hehehe.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Smergy can’t smoke a brisket for s**t!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

id never heard of it till it showed up in my box last week. Who is paying to print that collection of KooKoo banana logic?

i don't know, it was in my mailbox. seems like a lot of oneway thinking

Smergy can’t smoke a brisket for s**t!

I'll just remind him of your thoughts next time he invites us over for some brisket... hehehe

I'll just remind him of your thoughts next time he invites us over for some brisket... hehehe

Hahaha!
We were talking about this on Saturday after you left. He said he hasn’t quite been able to master a brisket yet. Everything else, hell ya! But a brisket is just tricky.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I suppose in theory anything is possible, all one can do is take the best possible precautions

What if you crash and end up at the hospital? Not only do you risk contracting, but you further burden the medical system

(for the record, I havent left the house in the last 3 months, havent found work since finishing school and getting my license, and im also the king of Germophobes )
What license did you get and what field are you looking in?

Sent from my SM-A530W using Tapatalk

As always, the heat map has a very close correlation with the population density map.
Maps with dots are useless for that exact reason but numbers of active cases in a given area is useful information.
I found that health units are doing some reporting that can provide useful information.
Kingston, Frontenac, Lennox&Addington: https://www.kflaph.ca/en/healthy-living/status-of-cases-in-kfla.aspx
possibly there are similar resources available to those living in other county regions.

All the testing in the world does nothing unless you do something to respond to the results ?

... oh and btw I'm not suggesting people from highly infected areas go to areas where there is lower infection rates :/ just the opposite, stay the **** Out of areas not highly affected if you reside in an are reporting high infection rates, even for your no-stop pleasure ride thank-you!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom