Coolant | GTAMotorcycle.com

Coolant

Andrew89

So I have a used 2014 FZ09 i bought from a dealership. I've noticed the coolant level is close to the minimum mark. I want to top it off with some coolant I buy online, im just not sure two different brands of coolant being mixed will be detrimental for any reason whatsoever? I'm not sure if the current coolant is just Yama Coolant or some other aftermarket coolant that a dealership used.

I would honestly advise you just to leave it alone. I would be extremely surprised if your bike was actually consuming coolant. As long as it's between the two marks it's fine, adding more will probably just wind up with it being vented on to your parking spot.

Go to any Yamaha dealer and by a 1 liter jug of the premixed coolant, dump it in and don't worry. Or ask them them if they can top your up, also if it is at the minimum mark and the engine is cold then it is at the correct level.

The whole reason i even started thinking about this was because i noticed a slight burning smell while i was riding a tad hard. Figured the engine was getting too hot.

burning coolant has a sweetish smell to it. when your bike is piping hot look at the rad for tiny pin hole leaks. Seen this happen a lot from small stones

Back
Top Bottom