Conformity creates confusion at Port Dover | GTAMotorcycle.com

Conformity creates confusion at Port Dover

MapleafMike

May 13, 2011, Port Dover, Ontario – Thousands of bikers were left stranded today at the latest Port Dover Friday 13th gathering. Many simply could not find their motorcycles to ride home because most parked in the small Ontario fishing village were of the same exact model, style and color. Nick Burns, standing in frustration next to a Harley admittedly not his own said, “This is the fourteenth one I’ve tried to put my key into. I had no idea there were going to be this many identical bikes here.” Another rider, Al Amundson, clearly agitated by the situation added, “Next time I’m going to remember just where I parked. Or maybe get a scooter. This is ridiculous.” Vendors at the event held every Friday the 13th for the past 30 years were doing brisk business especially those offering customizing. One such proprietor, Gene Saks commented, “This clearly shows the importance of making your bike stand out more. Look at all the fringe, skulls and flames in this place. Talk about trying to find a needle in a haystack.” Port Dover town officials were concerned many motorcycles would need to be left overnight or at least until most of the crowd were able to locate theirs. Local police were ready to discourage any random hot-wiring. Sandra Marko, sitting on her already running bike, had a solution. “I just keep this long-stemmed plastic daisy sticking out my tailpipe.”

Ha ha ha!! Nice one

Sucks to be them I guess, Mine is a one of bike, built by me, and I always remember where I park, it's not that difficult no matter what you have.

So full of fail.
I can tell my bike apart a mile away from any other SV. :D

garage013.jpg

Touch the remote to flash the lites twice,or hit the call button to sound the loudest bike horn in the lot. :)

Wow, epic fail. Look at your vehicle registration (which shouldn't somehow be located on your bike) and find your plate. Durrrr

You've got to be kidding me!!! How many beers does it take to forget where you parked you beloved bike?

May 13, 2011, Port Dover, Ontario – Thousands of bikers were left stranded today at the latest Port Dover Friday 13th gathering. Many simply could not find their motorcycles to ride home because most parked in the small Ontario fishing village were of the same exact model, style and color. Nick Burns, standing in frustration next to a Harley admittedly not his own said, “This is the fourteenth one I’ve tried to put my key into. I had no idea there were going to be this many identical bikes here.” Another rider, Al Amundson, clearly agitated by the situation added, “Next time I’m going to remember just where I parked. Or maybe get a scooter. This is ridiculous.” Vendors at the event held every Friday the 13th for the past 30 years were doing brisk business especially those offering customizing. One such proprietor, Gene Saks commented, “This clearly shows the importance of making your bike stand out more. Look at all the fringe, skulls and flames in this place. Talk about trying to find a needle in a haystack.” Port Dover town officials were concerned many motorcycles would need to be left overnight or at least until most of the crowd were able to locate theirs. Local police were ready to discourage any random hot-wiring. Sandra Marko, sitting on her already running bike, had a solution. “I just keep this long-stemmed plastic daisy sticking out my tailpipe.”

Getting lots of mileage out of this joke aren't you? lol...

This would be what we in the business call a "joke". Haven't seen this posted anywhere but by the OP...lol.

garage013.jpg

Touch the remote to flash the lites twice,or hit the call button to sound the loudest bike horn in the lot. :)

I just assumed the call button on a Goldwing was pressed so it would drive itself over to you...kind of like Knight Rider. Fail Honda...Epic fail. ;)

Back
Top Bottom