Close call, lesson learned - Awareness and staying calm | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Close call, lesson learned - Awareness and staying calm

...Lessons I learned through this experience and thought I'd share/remind us new riders. Being aware that someone MIGHT pull a stunt kept me ready for what happened, and prevented me from waving to the driver from INSIDE her car. Also, after the near miss its easy to be angry and drive aggressively but this can cause unclear thinking putting you again at danger.

Thought I would share, riding is giving me a certain 'zen' about the road. Lots of bad drivers, and bad habits but you can only control your own awareness and clarity of mind.

Ride safe all!

Thanks for sharing. Glad you're ok! Personally, I don't ride with the mentality that "cagers are out to kill me". I don't believe that. What I do believe is that as a motorcycle rider, it is up to *me* to ride defensively and to be prepared. I have been driving a car for more than 25 years. I believe since getting my M2 almost two years ago, I have definately become more aware of motorcyclists. Maybe if *all* "cagers" knew someone personally who rode a motorcycle, they would be more aware of our presence too.

Back
Top Bottom