Classed Cancelled M1 nearly expired | GTAMotorcycle.com

Classed Cancelled M1 nearly expired

garyintoronto

Hi, my M2 class in RTI was cancelled due to lockdown, DONT KNOW when will be resume.
But my m1 license will be expired after 20 April 2021, I also check the Canada website, said there is an extension for the license during covid period.
Anyone have an idea about this issue? teacher in RTI here?
Thanks for your explanantion.

I teach with Learning Curves and we were advised all April M1 exit classes are currently 'Pending'.

The ministry should offer you an extension. As long as you get it done sooner rather then later once available.

Hi, my M2 class in RTI was cancelled due to lockdown, DONT KNOW when will be resume.
But my m1 license will be expired after 20 April 2021, I also check the Canada website, said there is an extension for the license during covid period.
When was your class scheduled for?

This is from drivetest.ca
D. Question: My novice class (G1, G2, M1, M2, LM2, M2) driver’s licence expired on or after March 1, 2020. Am I able to schedule a road test appointment without reapplying for a driver’s licence and completing a vision and a knowledge test?
Answer: Under the temporary regulations, all driver’s licences, including temporary driver’s licences and Driving Instructor’s licences, that expired on or after March 1, 2020, are automatically extended until the temporary regulations are revoked. You may schedule a road test appointment while your novice class driver’s licence is in expired/ extended status.

E. Question: How many times may I attempt a road test while my licence is expired and extended under the temporary regulations?
Answer: There is no limit on the number of road test attempts while a licence is extended under the temporary regulations. If a road test is not successful, additional appointments may be booked until the temporary regulations are revoked.

Technically your m1 has no expiration date I guess. If you confident in your riding skill book a test through drivetestest.ca

I teach with Learning Curves and we were advised all April M1 exit classes are currently 'Pending'.

The ministry should offer you an extension. As long as you get it done sooner rather then later once available.
I see, outdoor vehicle teaching number limited to 5 people, the class will be back soon?

This is from drivetest.ca
D. Question: My novice class (G1, G2, M1, M2, LM2, M2) driver’s licence expired on or after March 1, 2020. Am I able to schedule a road test appointment without reapplying for a driver’s licence and completing a vision and a knowledge test?
Answer: Under the temporary regulations, all driver’s licences, including temporary driver’s licences and Driving Instructor’s licences, that expired on or after March 1, 2020, are automatically extended until the temporary regulations are revoked. You may schedule a road test appointment while your novice class driver’s licence is in expired/ extended status.

E. Question: How many times may I attempt a road test while my licence is expired and extended under the temporary regulations?
Answer: There is no limit on the number of road test attempts while a licence is extended under the temporary regulations. If a road test is not successful, additional appointments may be booked until the temporary regulations are revoked.

Technically your m1 has no expiration date I guess. If you confident in your riding skill book a test through drivetestest.ca
I already paid for the course ...

Pretty sure my Wife's M2 would normally lapse this spring but she's good with the extension. Hopefully things relax a little and I can get her into one of the M2X>M courses later in the summer/fall and be done with it.

Pretty sure my Wife's M2 would normally lapse this spring but she's good with the extension. Hopefully things relax a little and I can get her into one of the M2X>M courses later in the summer/fall and be done with it.
Learning Curves has a courtice location fyi. I teach there frequently, muahaha

Learning Curves has a courtice location fyi. I teach there frequently, muahaha

PM Details. I definitely want her to do the course vs just doing the MTO exit.

although not considered a priority, i am looking to wrap up my M2 exit exam this summer, even though i still have 2 years before my M2 expires.

been frequently checking drivetest.ca and no dates are available. will have to visit the location one of these days to see what the scheduling situation is...

My understanding is all licenses and plate stickers are automatically extended due to the pandemic. My friends bus license expired in December 2020 and he's still using it.

Up north east here, there are classes from last year that were more or less rescheduled for this one. Classes aren't set to start until the 24th. Last bit of snow in the neighborhood just melted a couple of days ago.

I took my M1 License in Feb 2020. When my M2 course was pushed from the pandemic, I still got to do my course in Sept with an "expired" M1. As stated above, the ministry has put an indefinite extension on license, registration etc. unless announce otherwise.

June 30 is the current deadline: License Extension Letter

Edit: If you do manage to get a course this Spring/Summer/Fall, please, please, please, adhere to the social distancing, mask wearing, hand cleansing etc. guidelines at the schools. The last thing anyone wants is the program(s) to be shut down due to an outbreak, not to mention contact tracing and isolating everyone involved for a couple of weeks. There are people from last year who still haven't gotten their course.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom