Check your license plate expiration | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Check your license plate expiration

Another thing to keep in mind is some jurisdictions are not aware of this in Ontario. So you may be pulled over and have a ticket for an expired plate.

I need to remove those stickers from all my plates, just keep putting it off.
And that's the reason why I printed our receipts and keep them with the ownership...you just never know...oh, and we scraped our old stickers off...not an easy job though...

And that's the reason why I printed our receipts and keep them with the ownership...you just never know...oh, and we scraped our old stickers off...not an easy job though...
Iirc the ticket normally referenced for that money grab is for displaying expired validation. Removing the stickers is the key activity. Now, keeping paperwork in your car is a good idea as I'm sure neighboring governments will catch on start laying charges for failing to display validation to keep the county coffers full.

Another thing to keep in mind is some jurisdictions are not aware of this in Ontario. So you may be pulled over and have a ticket for an expired plate.

I need to remove those stickers from all my plates, just keep putting it off.
I cut small pieces of reflector sticker for the back of a tractor trailer. Then I stick those over where the old stickers were so it doesn't look so bad use the white part not the red part

Sent from the future

It should be automatic as long as insurance and all fines are paid.

Sent from the future
They also grab odo reading. I agree, there should be a better/more automated way. Since I can make up whatever odo reading I want, that isn't even a useful data point if someone plans to cheat.

When my stickers expired I renewed them for 2 years, printed out a copy of the document validating this to keep on the vehicle and also removed the stickers to avoid any out of province hassles. Last thing........... put a reminder in my Calendar to renew in 2 years.

Stupid, useless process. We all got a small refund and the Province lost revenue it needed so Dougie could get re-elected. Any tax reduction or savings from Government without a corresponding, real reduction in services and associated cost simply increases the annual deficit.

When my stickers expired I renewed them for 2 years, printed out a copy of the document validating this to keep on the vehicle and also removed the stickers to avoid any out of province hassles. Last thing........... put a reminder in my Calendar to renew in 2 years.

Stupid, useless process. We all got a small refund and the Province lost revenue it needed so Dougie could get re-elected. Any tax reduction or savings from Government without a corresponding, real reduction in services and associated cost simply increases the annual deficit.

you can get the MTO site to send you a reminder via email/text etc. but then again their pure incompetence might **** that up too.

i liked the refund but i agree. the little handout to appease voters probably cost us ALL a lot more in the longer run. but who cares when beer is a buck right!?

You are asking too much from this government.
From any government. Why isn't a base income tax return automatically generated by CRA? Add deductions/unreported income if you want but otherwise the base return auto-files on due date. Leave the same laws for false reporting that require you not to submit a false statement so you can't conveniently forget to report your onlyfans income and expect to get away with it.

Only Ford government gives away money without you doing anything.
That's fiscal responsible conservatives for you.

The Kielburgers would like to have a chat with you.

We are talking about plebs, not friends here.

I don't see an asterisk after "Only Ford government gives away money without you doing anything." Adding stipulations after the fact, it seems. Nice backpedal, BTW.

car safeties haven't been a thing for years and years.

Given the sad state of some vehicles on the road; I'd be all in favour of safeties as part of the plate renewal process... Getting mechanically unfit cars and trucks off the highway would be fine by me.

Unfortunately, GG may be onto something with the per km road tax thing... It's the easy way to 'charge' EV's for road usage; and I somehow doubt it will lead to any reduction of the current gas-taxes.

I don't see an asterisk after "Only Ford government gives away money without you doing anything." Adding stipulations after the fact, it seems. Nice backpedal, BTW.
I was not aware you are one of the Kielburger brothers, sorry.

Has anyone figured out the best way to remove a sticker from a plate? Tried to heat it up before peeling, but it still left a lot of residue. Tried to remove it with goo-gone - no bueno. Tried to apply elbow grease - almost ruined the plate itself, but the glue is still there 🤷‍♂️

Any ideas? Except covering it with another sticker as suggested by @Scuba Steve above?

Has anyone figured out the best way to remove a sticker from a plate? Tried to heat it up before peeling, but it still left a lot of residue. Tried to remove it with goo-gone - no bueno. Tried to apply elbow grease - almost ruined the plate itself, but the glue is still there 🤷‍♂️

Any ideas? Except covering it with another sticker as suggested by @Scuba Steve above?
I pulled off more than a 1/4" of stickers before (about 30 years worth). I used alcohol or mineral spirits or something. I just keep working my way up the solvent tree until I find something that makes it let go. I don't think I had to go all the way to lacquer thinner for the stickers. Now, I have a painted metal plate. If you have a modern plate with a blue and white sticker over the whole thing, I don't know what will release the validation sticker without attacking the sticker below you need to keep.

Heat to peel it off, Zippo fluid or WD40 to remove the residue. Could use Goo Gone, but I usually keep that in the kitchen and that's entirely too far away when I'm frustrated with a sticker in the garage.

Back
Top Bottom