Check your license plate expiration | GTAMotorcycle.com

Check your license plate expiration

Baggsy

Site Supporter
Don't be like me. Apparently, the plate on my bike expired last year shortly after I purchased it.

Stickers, yes. But you still have to pay the annual fees for vehicle registration.

And now you have to make sure these plate fees have been paid up in full and valid for road use without the sticker reminding you of when it expires.
Damn, thought they were giving us a break. So basically they just took our reminder away.

The guy formerly known as Mladin.

Stickers, yes. But you still have to pay the annual fees for vehicle registration.

And now you have to make sure these plate fees have been paid up in full and valid for road use without the sticker reminding you of when it expires.
Plate fee for ontario is zero. You need to manually renew your plates for zero dollars. You can choose whether to do one or two years for free.

Thanks. Done. License and health card are up this year. I guess I'm going to SO soon. I can renew plates and health card online but DL needs a new picture.
Funny story…neighbour was telling me how his friend got busted for not renewing his license.

We laughed, called him Kevin, then laughed some more.

I opened my wallet and 💥 my license expired in a month! Thank goodness for that laugh otherwise I wouldn’t even think about it.

Where did the 5 years go?

Also, with the new cameras / system the OPP has I don’t see much need for the stickers as our plates get run every time an OPP cruiser passes us.

They can be renewed online even if expired...hubby's sticker for his truck expired April 30th, and we forgot about it...I just renewed it for him for two years on May 10...printed the receipt so he has it in his truck with the ownership...

From what I understand the renewal fee has been removed. But the renewal process still stands for most cars on the road because the system is meant to keep an eye out for what cars on the road, making sure cars are all safe, so on and so forth.

Also the rules vary wildly between diffrent types of cars (commuter vs. trucks) and also businesses have diffrent renewal rules and fees.

Plate fee for ontario is zero. You need to manually renew your plates for zero dollars. You can choose whether to do one or two years for free.

Whut?

Damn it. BC also eliminated the sticker, but you still need to pay the fee. That's some huge revenue Ontario is giving up by eliminating this tax. :oops:

Whut?

Damn it. BC also eliminated the sticker, but you still need to pay the fee. That's some huge revenue Ontario is giving up by eliminating this tax. :oops:
My suspicion remains that a recurrent safety is on the horizon with a pay per km road tax. That picks up ev's as they currently pay zero. This is nice in the short run but I expect it will be painful in the future.

Whut?

We even got paid back retroactive for 2 years? I think... was a nice cheque to receive in the mail depending how many vehicles you had registered. Free money for everybody yippee!
Didn't go very far though, maybe one trip to Costco :)

From what I understand the renewal fee has been removed. But the renewal process still stands for most cars on the road because the system is meant to keep an eye out for what cars on the road, making sure cars are all safe, so on and so forth.

Also the rules vary wildly between diffrent types of cars (commuter vs. trucks) and also businesses have diffrent renewal rules and fees.

car safeties haven't been a thing for years and years.
this whole thing is pointless. why is there even option of 1 or 2 year renewal? why not just make it...10? or just infinite lol.

Back
Top Bottom