Cheap LED projectors?Anyone got one? | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Cheap LED projectors?Anyone got one?

I've got a low end LED one that I use for presentations with a motorcycle group I ride with. It's OK, but you get what you pay for, and I didn't pay much.

I also have an older projector that uses a 100W tracklite halogen bulb. I bought it at a liquidation place about 15 years ago on a lark thinking it would be a total piece of junk especially considering I think it was $35 at the time. The picture quality is VHS-ish and certainly not super bright (but brighter than the photo makes it look) but...it works. Still works all these years later. Brought it camping a few times for my son's birthday parties and set it up just using a sheet hanging on a rope.

Also used it in the kids bedrooms just projecting on the wall when they had sleepovers and such.

View attachment 48514

View attachment 48515

Neither this old cheap POS nor the newer cheap POS I have would work at all on our pool deck I wouldn't think given typical city light pollution.

Honestly, if it were me and I had a sheltered place to put it.....35-60" LCTV's can be had for cheap now and will perform way better than any projector in challenging lighting conditions.

It's been my experience if you really want to do the 250" outdoor bigscreen thing...you're going to be into a seriously big dollar projector.
My very old LG 55" plasma is great outside... too bad it's only 55"

I have a 75" Plasma I'm watching TV on right now. I bought it right when Plasma was heading out at Costco and only paid $700 or something for it. 4 or 5 years later it's still working perfectly. When it comes time to replace it with a 4K I'll probably put it outdoors on the pool deck in some sort of shelter and see what happens. When it dies, it dies.

1620087985928.jpeg
Setup to project 9x5 approx. that’s during daylight inside, it’s that good at twilight.

While I am quite certain this will be absolutely horrendous it is also ridiculously cheap. $30 (HDMI in, 45 ansi lumens, 800x480, built-in speakers). I might pick one up for halloween/xmas light effects.

Not cheap but seems to get good reviews...

Lots of features too. Can stream from onboard apps.
200 ANSI lumen for 400 USD is not great. I would only think about buying that if the small size was critical (travelling sales?).

I don't trust those reviews at all. Almost all five stars and nobody mentions lack of brightness? BS.

Has anyone checked Kijiji? Quick search for Epson projector brings up this as the cheapest working one for $50. Just check how much a replacement lamp will cost in case you need one later:

EDIT: No HDMI.

Last edited:
Ok...not cheap but it looks like it will do the job. I can unhitch my NVidia Shield link it to this by HDMI and then pair Bluetooth speakers to the shield. Looks bright enough and it isn’t a toy.

Back
Top Bottom