Cheap HID's with installation | GTAMotorcycle.com

Cheap HID's with installation

Julz

Anyone know where I can buy cheap HID's and have it installed on the spot? My left light is not working anymore maybe the ballast is malfunctioning after 5 years...so might as well replace the whole thing.

I have a professional guy that once-upon-a-time did professional headlight retrofits for cars and bikes out in Milton if you're interested.

Milton is a bit far for me. Plus not looking to spend much just need lights. I know it's douchee but I don't need it retro fitted at the moment.

Anyone know where I can buy cheap HID's and have it installed on the spot? My left light is not working anymore maybe the ballast is malfunctioning after 5 years...so might as well replace the whole thing.
http://www.gtamotorcycle.com/vbforu...Digital-Slim-HID-Kits-74-95-a-PAIR-All-Models

He'll install while you wait.

Or if you wanna install yourself for $32: http://www.ebay.ca/itm/xeno-slim-HID-KIT-H1-H3-H4-H7-H8-H11-H9-H10-9004-9007-D2S-D2R-6000K-8000k-10000k-/181017820270?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&vxp=mtr&hash=item2a2580bc6e

If you wanna swap the good ballast to the bad side and see if it fires up, to confirm it's a ballast problem, you can get a replacement ballast for $15 shipped: http://www.ebay.ca/itm/35W-HID-REPL...Parts_Accessories&vxp=mtr&hash=item2a2708a3a7

Good luck.

Last edited:
Regular lights in a mirror

20130917_231220_2591_zps10a24248.jpg

Plug and play HID

20130917_231329_1099_zps219665af.jpg

I can help with install if you get the light

Regular lights in a mirror

20130917_231220_2591_zps10a24248.jpg

Plug and play HID

20130917_231329_1099_zps219665af.jpg

I know this is an old thread but I was just searching to see peoples opinions on the matter, and it seems like it is everywhere else.... about 50/50. I've had HIDs in my truck since I bought it, never been pulled over by the police for them. I think the major difference is reflective and refractive lenses, reflective uses the housing of the headlight to direct the beams of light, and refractive uses the lense to scatter the beam... when people put these HIDs in old honda civics with refractive lenses then it causes insane blinding... if they're aimed properly in reflective housings they seem to be fine.

Also, I'd rather have people notice me and be inconvenienced for a few seconds instead of running me over because they didn't see me at all.

Everyone has their opinion though I suppose!

I know this is an old thread but I was just searching to see peoples opinions on the matter, and it seems like it is everywhere else.... about 50/50. I've had HIDs in my truck since I bought it, never been pulled over by the police for them. I think the major difference is reflective and refractive lenses, reflective uses the housing of the headlight to direct the beams of light, and refractive uses the lense to scatter the beam... when people put these HIDs in old honda civics with refractive lenses then it causes insane blinding... if they're aimed properly in reflective housings they seem to be fine.

Also, I'd rather have people notice me and be inconvenienced for a few seconds instead of running me over because they didn't see me at all.

Everyone has their opinion though I suppose!

I blast my 55w bixenon's at all the asshats with HID bulbs in non-projector setups. S'okay with me so long as s'okay with you.
FWIW, these days, there are a lot of "screw in" projectors for about $100/pair. The Morimotto's come in a small package, and quick installation. The Retrofit Source has em, and Chinese suppliers have em cheaper.

Back
Top Bottom