Cheap GoPro setup. Do you action cam? | Page 5 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Cheap GoPro setup. Do you action cam?

heres a boring example of my go pro hero (hacked to be a hero 5). i added some color grading for a more dreary cinematic look as it was a dreary day. its only in 1080p (but i had to upload it as 1440p to try and best avoid youtube compression)

heres a boring example of my go pro hero (hacked to be a hero 5). i added some color grading for a more dreary cinematic look as it was a dreary day. its only in 1080p (but i had to upload it as 1440p to try and best avoid youtube compression)

oh nice, what is the go pro you use to hack to hero 5? I get confused with the different models

Hey you didn't wave to the other rider! :oops:
Looks good even for a dreary day.
Yes more info on model and hack!

There are lots of other options, some cheaper some more expensive.

Yes it's essentially a go pro, and like the go pro it needs a case to be completely water proof so you can't run a mic very well (unless things have changed.)

Got a Go pro Hero 7 Black, its waterproof, without a housing, mic sounds pretty good, and has wind reduction that works well. Stabilization is next level and the reason I got one.

"The newer GoPro cameras are waterproof without a housing, while the older units require a housing. "

Glad they got it figured out, $460 CDN? Ay carumba.

Something like that, its was $60-80 off at sportcheck a while back, and my buddy works there so got an additional 17% off, That's why I picked it. So far its been awesome, I think it's worth the price, other than battery life which is pathetic. Though Im in photo/video, and it's not even the price of a lens/body, let alone some tripods I got so its a bargain :cry:

Something like that, its was $60-80 off at sportcheck a while back, and my buddy works there so got an additional 17% off, That's why I picked it. So far its been awesome, I think it's worth the price, other than battery life which is pathetic. Though Im in photo/video, and it's not even the price of a lens/body, let alone some tripods I got so its a bargain :cry:
Haha, I hear you. I dabbled in some DSLR photography a few years back and then price of some lens made me pucker.

Since i'm not vlogging or uploading this stuff as content i prefer the battery life over almost anything. 5hrs on standard battery, upgradeable to 8!! Did the swap thing last year, not a fan.

I picked one up, then figured out on a trip, that the original placement was no good when the GoPro adapters snapped off.

It was above the first windscreen. I'm not sure if it was bouncing against said windscreen, or just the updraft, that caused the break.

Fortunately, the camera was not in the case, and the case landed on the fuel tank.

The plan is to drill out a hole in the side of a second case, then make a bit of a roof for it, to allow for a microphone, or charger, while riding.

uz9WAuuh.jpg

Sony ASV100. Has a remote wrist band. I have one. Too lazy to use it:

Sony's Action Cam official site - HDR-AS100V/AS100VR - Support

Waiting for cheaper 4k front and rear dash cams to become available. Those auto-record if someone hits the bike while you're parked, come on when the bike is started up. 1080p is too low res though. Need 4k to get license plates.
Nah police software can pull the plates.

Leaving 4k cams on a parked bike? You're brave.

with the curvature of the helmet, this was the spot with the strongest bond
Hopefully Toronto's finest don't give you any grief. They seem to be coming down on the mohawk/pony tail crowd hard already.

Hopefully Toronto's finest don't give you any grief. They seem to be coming down on the mohawk/pony tail crowd hard already.

I'm pretty far away from Toronto....what's the issue with it? I've not heard anything about mounting cameras on the top vs side

I'm pretty far away from Toronto....what's the issue with it? I've not heard anything about mounting cameras on the top vs side
Just stands out more i guess.

Back
Top Bottom