Censorship on this msg board | GTAMotorcycle.com

Censorship on this msg board

Status
Not open for further replies.

cbcanada

Banned
I want to get all of your opinion on this. I had 2 posts deleted today. Here is what happened in short

There is a current active thread about toronto used motorcycle prices are way too high compared to other places

So i responded to that and said: there were too many immigrants in toronto and they are all cheap and want to buy for less and sell for more. Its a cultural thing. My mother always used to say " offer them half of what they ask". And i also said the terrible driving in the city is an immigrant issue. You bring in third world drivers and the traffic is crap. 15 years ago you would mot have 4 cars turning left after the lights had changed red

So then i was called "ignorant and uncultured"

I responded by saying " i am ignorant for saying the truth? I believe it is ignorant to not speak the truth to appear cultural"

Then my postings got deleted

So here is my questions to you

1. Was what i said so wrong? I am an immigrant and i know when you go to most places in europe they haggle you for prices and always try to Sell for more. I made a truthfull comment on why i think Prices are high

2. Is it fair to have my comments deleted?

This board is crazy sensitive, but then again I'm not colour blind and too many people think we all should be.

Sorry CB, I gotta say Yup to both questions. You may have an understanding of the cultural differences regarding value and bartering but implying that any cultural group is responsible for a negative effect on a society will be deemed derogatory at best, regardless of your ethnic ties to the group. Sorry, can't give you the thumbs up on this one.

Simple fact is, there's a good possibility somebody on the board might/may already have taken offense to what you said, and Paul et al are very serious about avoiding that kind of situation. I've had posts deleted and been given warnings for calling a known friend of mine a silly name (wasn't anything serious at the time, but again, someone may have taken offense to it.)

Not really a matter of fair or not; it's whether the admins like it that matters. :p

looks like your new here, they do it to everyone at some point in time. you might get a warning, keep it up and you'll get banned. just choose your words better, because some people can't handle the truth,welcome to the forum!

Sorry CB, I gotta say Yup to both questions. You may have an understanding of the cultural differences regarding value and bartering but implying that any cultural group is responsible for a negative effect on a society will be deemed derogatory at best, regardless of your ethnic ties to the group. Sorry, can't give you the thumbs up on this one.

Ok thats cool i respect your opinion

its the internet...some ppl are sensitive as chit to it such as this forum in general.

inb4 this post gets deleted and i get banned.

looks like your new here, they do it to everyone at some point in time. you might get a warning, keep it up and you'll get banned. just choose your words better, because some people can't handle the truth,welcome to the forum!

Well i dont want to get banned. I like the forum.

Ok thats cool i respect your opinion

Great. I didn't see the original posts but from the sounds of it in this thread you didn't mean any harm.

i don't know that you can blame the current state of the ecomomy or driving conditions or anything else on immigrants when so many other things have changed as well. It doesn't matter if you are an immigrant or not, if you are breathing and consuming then you are a detriment to the economy. Excess people drive the demand for goods and services up (which in turn drives prices up) and then you also get the competition for jobs increasing and wages going down. The rich are getting richer and the poor are getting poorer and it is all a result of social engineering. Not that there is a grand conspiracy out there but there are a lot of powerful people who know which side their bread is buttered on and they act in a common manner.

I want to get all of your opinion on this. I had 2 posts deleted today. Here is what happened in short

There is a current active thread about toronto used motorcycle prices are way too high compared to other places

So i responded to that and said: there were too many immigrants in toronto and they are all cheap and want to buy for less and sell for more. Its a cultural thing. My mother always used to say " offer them half of what they ask". And i also said the terrible driving in the city is an immigrant issue. You bring in third world drivers and the traffic is crap. 15 years ago you would mot have 4 cars turning left after the lights had changed red

I responded by saying " i am ignorant for saying the truth? I believe it is ignorant to not speak the truth to appear cultural"

1. Was what i said so wrong? I am an immigrant and i know when you go to most places in europe they haggle you for prices and always try to Sell for more. I made a truthfull comment on why i think Prices are high

What I think is funny is the fact that ppl actually try to defend this as the "truth".
What a load of *********.

You have a opinion that isn't based on fact and is derogatory. Why the hell should anyone give you a forum to say that kind of crap.

Last edited:
15 years ago you would mot have 4 cars turning left after the lights had changed red
You are way off base, the driving around the GTA has been horrid for decades. Greedy pushy people are to blame, not the country of origin. Don't like greedy and pushy people? Move out to a smaller city.

I read the post you made in the other thread and it was a racist rant regardless if your an immagrant as you mention at the bottom of it.
I was just waiting to see the banned beside your name.

The tittle of this thread is funny
Your questions are funny

I will answer all of them with one answer:

no ****

regardless if your an immagrant as you mention at the bottom of it.

so let me get this straight, OP alleged that immigrants are cheap and are bad drivers. then OP admits being an immigrant, so basically OP just called himself cheap and is a poo driver.

lol, nicely done OP

What I think is funny is the fact that ppl actually try to defend this as the "truth".
What a load of *********.

You have a opinion that isn't based on fact and is derogatory. Why the hell should anyone give you a forum to say that kind of crap.

+1. Truth and belief are two different things..

I read the post you made in the other thread and it was a racist rant regardless if your an immagrant as you mention at the bottom of it.
I was just waiting to see the banned beside your name.

Man if you think thats racist then there is nothing i can say. I guess its easy to call some one a racist cuz everyone gets behind you. Okay tell me how is it a racist rant

Problem is everyone comes here and no one wants to become canadian. They want to live in their own culture and hangout with their own kind. And if some one says something then they are racist. Mow there are so many that are this way that politicians bend over to them and make laws about it. if we cant come together and laff at the truth then we will always be like this a nation of people always lookin out for their own kind and no identity.

Again i ask you what is racist about saying immigrants are cheaper? If i said immigrants worked hard we came here and built this and that and raiild roads and buildings then i am a good guy? but if i say we immigrants are mostly cheap than thats not okay

Man if you think thats racist then there is nothing i can say. I guess its easy to call some one a racist cuz everyone gets behind you. Okay tell me how is it a racist rant

Problem is everyone comes here and no one wants to become canadian. They want to live in their own culture and hangout with their own kind. And if some one says something then they are racist. Mow there are so many that are this way that politicians bend over to them and make laws about it. if we cant come together and laff at the truth then we will always be like this a nation of people always lookin out for their own kind and no identity.

Again i ask you what is racist about saying immigrants are cheaper? If i said immigrants worked hard we came here and built this and that and raiild roads and buildings then i am a good guy? but if i say we immigrants are mostly cheap than thats not okay

Its HOW you said it in the other thread.

You can't blame bad drivers in Toronto because the immigrants came here and changed the city into bad drivers and raised the prices of used products.

There were always high prices and bad drivers in Toronto long before the Immigrant boom.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom