CBR1000RR-R SP | GTAMotorcycle.com

CBR1000RR-R SP

I guess when Marc Marquez gushes must be serious bit of kit. 215 HP ?
The earlier version ushered in some cool tech to the street bikes C-ABS for one.

Marc Marquez is paid to say all that. Initial reviews of the CBR have been really good, but so far it has only been ridden by journalists who had their trip to ride it, paid for. The BS stops when the green flag drops. World Superbike round 1 at Phillip Island is just over two weeks away. Let's see what Leon Haslam and Alvaro Bautista can do with theirs.

And yes, posts like that are part of what keep this website free for you to use ... At least they're topical to the membership here ...

GTAM member showed up and started posting advertorials at the same time as Viglink gets the boot? Coincidence? I think not. Do I have a problem with it? Nope. Paul needs money to run this site somehow. I was ok with Viglink, but many people expressed concerns, so now he has tried a different approach.

Id like to see how actually close to Bautita's and Haslams ride this bike is. Homologation and all that sure, but I bet the bike off the line is a bit different than what i can buy

Oh, sure, and the same for all of them. More an indication of what the platform is capable of. No one could get the old Honda to work. Let's see about this one.

really wished they went to a V4

Lots of people do. I'm sure some management department crunched the numbers concerning manufacturing costs, compared those to sales numbers, concluded that a V4 would be too expensive to manufacture, and opted for their conventional layout.

... except that they have a competitor (Ducati) who said the heck with manufacturing costs, we're going to build the bike that we want to build.

... and that bike is now the sales leader in that market segment!

I like it... 44 Teeth says, "best, fastest 600 EVER!"

I'm sold on this!

... except that they have a competitor (Ducati) who said the heck with manufacturing costs, we're going to build the bike that we want to build.

... and that bike is now the sales leader in that market segment!

Is this common thinking process with ducati? Or italians in general?

Perhaps because they only build motorcycles as opposed to trying to take over the world like the big 4?

GTAM member showed up and started posting advertorials at the same time as Viglink gets the boot? Coincidence? I think not. Do I have a problem with it? Nope. Paul needs money to run this site somehow. I was ok with Viglink, but many people expressed concerns, so now he has tried a different approach.
I too prefer this to VIGLINK, it's a lot less intrusive and doesn't change the intent of the people who post messages here. It would be better if the site managers followed the rules of advertising in Canada. Advertorial (sometimes called native advertising) is regulated by Advertising Standards Canada, they publish the The Canadian Code of Advertising Standards which all publishers are required to follow, regardless of size of membership in the ASC.

From the code:

A testimonial, endorsement, review or other representation must disclose any "material connection" between the endorser, reviewer, influencer or person making the representation and the "entity" (as defined in the Code) that makes the product or service available to the endorser, reviewer, influencer or person making the representation, except when that material connection is one that consumers would reasonably expect to exist, such as when a celebrity publicly endorses a product or service.

If such a material connection exists, that fact and the nature of the material connection must be clearly and prominently disclosed in close proximity to the representation about the product or service.

In this case GTAM would be considered an 'endorser'. Getting clean would be a simple as mentioning "this is a paid endorsement."

Is this common thinking process with ducati? Or italians in general?

Perhaps because they only build motorcycles as opposed to trying to take over the world like the big 4?

I think it's a small company versus big company thing. Big companies have huge marketing departments and engineering departments, and they have production volume targets, and the size of these companies encourages groupthink. Honda is weird that way; many of their products are really conservative (the old CBR1000 was), but then someone (probably in upper management) gets a wacky idea and no one dares criticise them and so then it ends up in production ... DN01, anyone? Meanwhile the CBR600 and CBR1000 rot on the vine, sales numbers dwindle, and they don't know how to react. HRC (Honda Racing Corp) is odd - engineering seems to say "this is how it's gonna be", the rider is viewed as a cog in the wheel whose job it is to ride the bike and not criticise or provide feedback. It really didn't help the CBR1000's cause that HRC viewed World Superbike with disdain for a LONG time. It seems that it's only with this new model that they are willing to treat it seriously. Whether they'll listen to rider feedback - like Kawasaki does! - remains to be seen.

Other companies have done things that conservative Honda never would. "Let's take our MotoGP bike and make it into a World Superbike and throw lights on it" - Ducati. "Let's take a bonkers liter bike and throw a supercharger on it, because we can." - Kawasaki. "Let's make a big bore bike with a bottom end strong enough to make 600 horsepower for the drag racers to have fun with" - both Suzuki and Kawasaki.

To me Honda is pretty much the Ford of the MC world. Their lineup is mostly boring and underpowered -- never first, but usually second or third in every shootout.Every few years they bring out a killer product that gee-whizzes the brand. Sadly those killer products are always too niche to be anything more than eye candy to their loyal customers.

Back
Top Bottom