CBC gets a trim | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

CBC gets a trim

CBC commissioned Schitt's Creek but didn't produce it. Dan Levy's company Not a Real Company Productions did all the heavy lifting.

Schitts creek, yes.

Murdoch is not CBCs work.

Murdoch is produced by Shaftesbury in association with CBC and Global entertainment. I call it close enough .

The CBC pres hired to move them into the digital age is completely sidestepping the whole point the CBC was created , which was to bring radio to all corners of Canada , later TV . Some guy in the loneliest corner of NL could get news on the radio. Streaming was never the point , but when hasn’t a ‘federal’ initiative lost its way ?

Sent from my iPhone using GTAMotorcycle.com mobile app

I remember under Harper the CBC tried to be somewhat more objective, as the threat of being defunded was there. When Trudeau took over in 2015 it was like a switch flipped and he was all the CBC was about. Remember all the stories about Syrian refugees? We accepted 25,000 of them but the CBC would have you believe the country was full of Syrians.

Example, Google "site:cbc.ca Tareq Hadhad" and look how many times they've written about this guy and his immigration story -- total propaganda.

I remember under Harper the CBC tried to be somewhat more objective, as the threat of being defunded was there. When Trudeau took over in 2015 it was like a switch flipped and he was all the CBC was about. Remember all the stories about Syrian refugees? We accepted 25,000 of them but the CBC would have you believe the country was full of Syrians.

Example, Google "site:cbc.ca Tareq Hadhad" and look how many times they've written about this guy and his immigration story -- total propaganda.
I would like to have an objective news source but how do you get an unbiased CRTC when its members are appointed by the cabinet. The cabinet being appointed by the prime minister.

Honestly, my interpretation of objective is somewhat subjective considering the abundance of alternate truths.

The public will not pay for objective CBC programming through advertising when they can watch bimbos mud wrestle orangutans in reality TV.

The CRTC is another government agency we don't need.
If anything, they protect the anti-competitive coalition. No regulation may be actually better. Super dirty organization and they just don't care as neither does government.

When bell argues that wholesale rates exceeding the retail rates they charge their customers make sense and are justified and CRTC agrees, that is time for a complete purge of CRTC. That happens often.

If anything, they protect the anti-competitive coalition. No regulation may be actually better. Super dirty organization and they just don't care as neither does government.

When bell argues that wholesale rates exceeding the retail rates they charge their customers make sense and are justified and CRTC agrees, that is time for a complete purge of CRTC. That happens often.
I break out in hives when Bell is mentioned in the same sentence as communications. A buddy spent six hours at their Markham office trying to get a replacement for his wife's eight year old iphone. The ludicrous explanations would keep a stand-up comedian going for weeks.

And put his current GG on the NO-FLY list please! Every time she & her entourage go somewhere, it costs us millions ... and for what benefit?
GG should get a trim. It is literally a department to light money on fire and do the bidding of the PM. It is separate/independent only in theory. If GG turned down pro-roguing parliament when PM wants to spend millions to dodge a scandal, I would argue that the position may have some merit. As that never happens, it is a complete waste.

Last edited:
Some Scandinavian leaders take scheduled flights.
Leader of a country should be on a private/military plane simply for security. I don't even have a problem with them flying all over the place for vacations or summits, it is what it is.

I think complaining about the carbon footprint of said vehicle is pretty nothingburger.

Leader of a country should be on a private/military plane simply for security. I don't even have a problem with them flying all over the place for vacations or summits, it is what it is.

I think complaining about the carbon footprint of said vehicle is pretty nothingburger.
If you truly cared about carbon emissions, flying to BC for a day of surfing is far from a nothing burger. In literally one day, he could save more carbon than I can save by doing everything I can for an entire year. Arguing that we pay for carbon offset credits to cancel out the trip shows how deluded he is. That is just numbers game. In no world was there not a huge increase in carbon emissions caused by his desire to go surfing. Now, I don't have a huge issue with surfing but the hypocrisy is next level.

Last edited:
If you truly cared about carbon emissions, flying to BC for a day of surfing is far from a nothing burger. In literally one day, he could save more carbon than I can save by doing everything I can for an entire year. Arguing that we pay for carbon offset credits to cancel out the trip shows how deluded he is. That is just numbers game. In no world was their not a huge increase in carbon emissions caused by his desire to go surfing. Now, I don't have a huge issue with surfing but the hypocrisy is next level.
The people would likely forgive and forget if you took said trip then smiled and shrugged about it, vs trying to sell us on some carbon credit crap and about everyone doing their part.

I have issues with Skippy being in Florida on vacation, flying back to Ottawa for a ''meeting '' with Morneau (in reality a photo-op) on Monday, flying back to Florida on the Tuesday, only to fly back to Ottawa on the Thursday when his scheduled vacation ended. If he REALLY cared about his carbon footprint he would have cut his vacation short (only missing the one day Wednesday he actually got to stay in Florida) and brought the family home on the Monday of the fake meeting.

Last edited:
I have issues with Skippy being in Florida on vacation, flying back to Ottawa for a ''meeting '' with Morneau (in reality a photo-op), Flying back to Florida on the Tuesday, only to fly back to Ottawa on the Thursday when his scheduled vacation ended. If he REALLY cared about his carbon footprint he would have cut his vacation short (by the one day Wednesday he actually got to stay in Florida) and brought the family home on the Monday of the fake meeting.
Or don't fly anywhere for a photo-op. Let's be honest, he doesn't have anything to contribute to any meeting either. He can be equally useless attending the meeting remotely.

Back
Top Bottom