Cash or deposit Visa PrePaid Card? | GTAMotorcycle.com

Cash or deposit Visa PrePaid Card?

wonderings

I got some VISA Prepaid gift cards at work. Basically would like to just deposit this into my bank account. Cards came from RBC, I can log into a website for them and see the balance of the card, no option of transferring them anywhere with the login info I was given for each card. Does anyone know if I can use them at an ATM and just cash them all out? I don't have a PIN number or a way of giving them a PIN number from what I can see.

I might be wrong, but like a gift card they are intended for purchases only.

I got some VISA Prepaid gift cards at work. Basically would like to just deposit this into my bank account. Cards came from RBC, I can log into a website for them and see the balance of the card, no option of transferring them anywhere with the login info I was given for each card. Does anyone know if I can use them at an ATM and just cash them all out? I don't have a PIN number or a way of giving them a PIN number from what I can see.

Most people sell them, usually for a small loss (10% or so) to cash out.

Depending on how much they are, just use them up. I did some catch up shopping the other day and blowing through $100 was nothing.

Depending on how much they are, just use them up. I did some catch up shopping the other day and blowing through $100 was nothing.
That is the good thing about prepaid VISA's they can be used anywhere VISA is accepted..

I use them to buy Amazon gift cards. If you use them for normal retail purchases, they are a pita as it's hard to use up a remainder. Then I use Amazon gift cards at my leisure instead of Amazon onto credit card and then bank to pay cc.

is that site any good? I get a TON of gift cards from my students at Christmas and year end, but half (or three-quarters) of them I don't go patronize that/those store(s)
yes its a good community, was buy/selling everything from cell phones to cars on there long before Facebook Marketplace or Kijiji came around.

Easiest ways to accomplish cash conversion...

-Be disciplined and use them ONLY for your upcoming expenses like groceries and put the cash you would have spent (or paid CC) into your accounts (save it). Not instant but in a month or two depending on the value they are worth zero and you have the cash...
-Sell them for a percentage of the value. Instant, not full value as what idiot pays $100 for a $100 prepaid card on the street (or FBMP, etc.).

If you want the cash, don't use them like a windfall on things you wouldn't have bought otherwise.

OR, #### that, throw caution to the wind and buy some bling. Hookers and blow, whatever.

Easiest ways to accomplish cash conversion...

-Be disciplined and use them ONLY for your upcoming expenses like groceries and put the cash you would have spent (or paid CC) into your accounts (save it). Not instant but in a month or two depending on the value they are worth zero and you have the cash...
-Sell them for a percentage of the value. Instant, not full value as what idiot pays $100 for a $100 prepaid card on the street (or FBMP, etc.).

If you want the cash, don't use them like a windfall on things you wouldn't have bought otherwise.

OR, #### that, throw caution to the wind and buy some bling. Hookers and blow, whatever.
Holy Crap, are we still talking about a gift card here? Just go buy some crap and be done with them...LOL

I use them to buy Amazon gift cards. If you use them for normal retail purchases, they are a pita as it's hard to use up a remainder. Then I use Amazon gift cards at my leisure instead of Amazon onto credit card and then bank to pay cc.

Exactly what I do.

@wonderings read the fine print on that VISA gift card carefully. Some expire by a certain date and become useless. Some subtract a fee for each use. Got one as a gift and thought it was the worst gift ever when I found out I hadn't spent it in time. I vowed never to give one to someone else. This was a long time ago, and I heard gift cards may not be allowed to expire in Ontario anymore but I'm not sure if that applies to VISA/MC gift cards.

I got one of these recently and was able to get a pin for it. I didn’t cash it out and I didn’t need the pin after all but it was possible.

I got one of these recently and was able to get a pin for it. I didn’t cash it out and I didn’t need the pin after all but it was possible.
How did you get a pin? I have $1500 I would love to cash out and get in my bank

How did you get a pin? I have $1500 I would love to cash out and get in my bank

I think it might vary depending on which card you have. I got mine through the website for the card. I’ll see if I can find the name of the company.

Can you still do cash back at the grocery store?

Back
Top Bottom