Car broken into in Montreal | GTAMotorcycle.com

Car broken into in Montreal

Brit Biker

My son and his friend are traveling from New Brunswick military base to their new base in Manitoba. After staying over night in Montreal his car was broken into, personal items stolen from both of them and all his documents were stolen out of it. (car registered in New Brunswick) and he didnt notice these items were missing at the time as well.
Last night we were at the local cop station having insurance letter faxed over from the insurance company and now we have try and get a new registration figured out so he has something to show in case he gets stopped while driving out there.
All his military gear was also in the car at the same time (not touched) so they knew they were stealing from service guys.
What a way to.
Support Our Troups

Not everyone is a supporter, sorry to say but it's true.

I am though. :D
My little brother is finishing a course in Manitoba right now and then getting moved again.

wow sorry to hear that OP but which part of Montreal did your son park in?

St. Catherines is a sketch area even thou its downtown of Montreal.

wow sorry to hear that OP but which part of Montreal did your son park in?

St. Catherines is a sketch area even thou its downtown of Montreal.

Rue Sainte Catherine is not the only sketchy area of town lol.
As much as I love Montréal (my hometown), it is just like any other big city and has its share of problems, crime, sketchy neighborhoods to avoid, etc.

I hope the OP's son can get everything cleared up with paperwork for the vehicle so that he can get to his base in Manitoba in time.
I presume the "dog ate my homework" excuse won't really work too well in the army. :p

It happend right in the center of Montreal. Parked right in front of the hotel Quality suite. We went over to the vehicle reg office today and they told us there is nothing they can do and he will have to go back to Fredricton and apply for a new registration. Then he will have to change it when he is based in Manitoba. But with out the N.B reg he can't change it in any province. He may have to fly back to Fredricton when he gets a few days leave just to do the paper work as you need photo I.D. He is so ****** off.
Rue Sainte Catherine is not the only sketchy area of town lol.
As much as I love Montréal (my hometown), it is just like any other big city and has its share of problems, crime, sketchy neighborhoods to avoid, etc.

I hope the OP's son can get everything cleared up with paperwork for the vehicle so that he can get to his base in Manitoba in time.
I presume the "dog ate my homework" excuse won't really work too well in the army. :p

im pretty sure peopel who break into cars dont really care about the profession of what the owner of the car is.

I mean, its like like they're going to break in see a stethoscope and be like, damn forget this...

True...

Didn't they have a saying "there is no chivalry amongst thieves?" Or something to that effect

It happend right in the center of Montreal. Parked right in front of the hotel Quality suite. We went over to the vehicle reg office today and they told us there is nothing they can do and he will have to go back to Fredricton and apply for a new registration. Then he will have to change it when he is based in Manitoba. But with out the N.B reg he can't change it in any province. He may have to fly back to Fredricton when he gets a few days leave just to do the paper work as you need photo I.D. He is so ****** off.

In Ontario the person who the vehicle is registered to doesn't have to show up at the MTO in person. You can have a friend or family member go in and get your paperwork. I would try calling them and explain the situation. You might need to fill out a power of attorny to allow someone else to do it and I can send you a blank one that I use for MTO purposes.

A few years ago, I had ALL of my stuff stolen out of the trunk during the labour day weekend in montreal. All i had left was the clothes I had on, and my wallet + keys.

Went to the police station, they said it was the "highest crime weekend" in Montreal. Thieves would roll around with auto-trunk openers just waiting for them to open and then casually clean it out.

Funny enough... got a call from the police the next day. The thieves piled my stuff into another suitcase and threw it infront of the police station overnight. They just wanted electronics.

I still lost a few things, but happy I got back most of my brand new clothes (still folded!).

Back
Top Bottom