Caponord vs Stelvio | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Caponord vs Stelvio

I have a friend with a Stelvio, he loves it. Huge gas tank, saddle bags are large, great exhaust note, valve adjustments are dead simple, no mechanical issues so far. Love it or hate it looks. Not many out there, 2 on Autotrader today.

Agree, in that people rarely take ADVs off-road, just like soccer-moms rarely take their SUVs off-road either

This, despite all the manufacturer ads showing the Multistrada doing the Dakar and the Ford Escape tackling the Rubicon.

I take mine off road whenever I can.......

....however, with my "skills" it isn't wise at all and I may or may not have soiled some undergarments while doing so but by golly.....I bought an ADV bike so ADV'ing I shall go!

I take mine off road whenever I can.......

....however, with my "skills" it isn't wise at all and I may or may not have soiled some undergarments while doing so but by golly.....I bought an ADV bike so ADV'ing I shall go!

Yeah, you're always going to get the odd mentally-incompetent fool who buys into the advertising and then tries to take a fully-loaded GS out into the middle of the Namib desert.

Like this idiot:

IMG_3476-X2.jpg

Yeah, you're always going to get the odd mentally-incompetent fool who buys into the advertising and then tries to take a fully-loaded GS out into the middle of the Namib desert.

Like this idiot:

IMG_3476-X2.jpg

I see you ordered the model without the centre stand to save money!

Agree, in that people rarely take ADVs off-road, just like soccer-moms rarely take their SUVs off-road either

This, despite all the manufacturer ads showing the Multistrada doing the Dakar and the Ford Escape tackling the Rubicon.
Some riders definitions of offroad is different than others.

Let me know when you want to throw a leg over the XR. If you don’t walk away blown away by the handling I’ll buy you lunch.

I think your opinion needs an update. ?
I'd class the XR as a pure street bike with upright ergos, not an ADV bike. Anyone who tried to take one off road (or put knobby tires on) would be a bit nuts. Closer to a Tuono (i.e. a not actually naked variation on a sportbike base) than a GS. The Multi V4 at least tries to have dirt pretensions, hence the 19" front, but that also has consequences for full-on sporty riding. A bit like the Porsche SUV, the handling is amazing "for an SUV", but it's still not as good as a 911 at the limit. To stretch the comparison, the XR is more like the Panamera. Much comfier and just as quick until you approach race pace...

I'd class the XR as a pure street bike with upright ergos, not an ADV bike. Anyone who tried to take one off road (or put knobby tires on) would be a bit nuts. Closer to a Tuono (i.e. a not actually naked variation on a sportbike base) than a GS. The Multi V4 at least tries to have dirt pretensions, hence the 19" front, but that also has consequences for full-on sporty riding. A bit like the Porsche SUV, the handling is amazing "for an SUV", but it's still not as good as a 911 at the limit. To stretch the comparison, the XR is more like the Panamera. Much comfier and just as quick until you approach race pace...
It runs 1 secnd behind the RR on the track so you’re not wrong. Despite its taller suspension setup. ?

I had no idea about the Caponord before and just read about it. Looks like a pretty nice twisty touring bike!

Not too fast or too slow and good ergo’s and good gizmo’s with maybe a nice exhaust note, all for a decent price.

I had no idea about the Caponord before and just read about it. Looks like a pretty nice twisty touring bike!

Not too fast or too slow and good ergo’s and good gizmo’s with maybe a nice exhaust note, all for a decent price.
unfortunately aprilia doesnt make them anymore, there's a few used ones floating around though

#edit
Aprilia's planning to bring out a taureg as well, an adv bike based around the 660 platform that looks promising as well, though probably not as powerful as the capo

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom