Can't outrun a choppa! | GTAMotorcycle.com

Can't outrun a choppa!

You can quite easily outrun the chopper in light traffic on a 400 series hwy if you dont mind extreme speeding. IIRC, it maxes out around 250.

Guy's from B-Town. Sure am glad I moved outta that place. Seems every idiot issue lately involves people who live there (200 party place last week & others). Now this dickweed. And, he was in his mid 30's. I would think you'd be beyond that sort of nonsense by then?

Head to the airport...............
ATC grant permission in seconds, they just have to ask. Especially now with limited flights. A private pilot friend posted pics a couple weeks ago of the terminals. ATC wants space but they dont rule with an iron fist.

You can quite easily outrun the chopper in light traffic on a 400 series hwy if you dont mind extreme speeding. IIRC, it maxes out around 250.

The OPP flies Eurocopters that can maintain 250km/h endlessly. It's very unlikely a bike would be able to maintain that speed for long enough to successfully outrun the heli by any meaningful stretch that would preclude it from catching up again in short order as soon as the rider slows down a bit for traffic. The only thing that would change that would be a super strong headwind, but of course that goes the other way as well - a 50kph tail wind at a few thousand feet could have them making 300++ Km/h over the ground. Tailwinds are awesome - I once had my Cessna 152 up to well over 300kph ground speed because of a tailwind.

They also have aircraft that go a lot faster than 250 as well including a Pilatus with a 500+ km/h capability.

Head to the airport...............

Pearson's airspace isn't as hard to get near as many think - airspace around a large airport like Pearson is like an upside down wedding cake - you can get very near the airport by just flying low under the airspace layers. It's only once you get within a few miles of the airport directly where you may impact flight paths do you have to request explicit clearance, and in the case of the police (and especially a maneuverable heli) that would be fairly easy to arrange for them.

4h7h7Lz6mvjp_cg2a1Sv8qfcgfGx310TO2C6LyKAwKerpEIG1ls8C8oqwKcs81ojuGsoaMFnBC3oDAoMvGbQKtW91vu7mjgtdQOepI3_WQsVIAx6gjnhzNfMNntWVUzTWnt-tobluj-1u30yCLZ9CcKlCBAYLupdKCHtK8RBd10KXsA53DquTQuhn5xnbC8CraMu3wufI44zMoa4klbD2gAUo4I

They don't have many helicopters. Those guys were doing routine traffic spotting when they came across a group of riders. All they did is wait until they misbehaved. Anyone with a brain would know not to rip up and down the 400 series highways without having a police scanner, or at least looking up for aircraft. Those fools were just asking to get nailed.

We have a chopper out here in Durham that heads out quite often to help TOPD, OPP aside.

ok so for all of you who kept responding to me saying theres lots of ss guys who will take off and not stop for cops, the ones that shove the plate up the bike's ass deep, or flipper plate, so whats the point, what would even be the purpose of taking off ? once a chopper is on you its virtually impossible to get away unless you go some underground parking

They don't have many helicopters. Those guys were doing routine traffic spotting when they came across a group of riders. All they did is wait until they misbehaved. Anyone with a brain would know not to rip up and down the 400 series highways without having a police scanner, or at least looking up for aircraft. Those fools were just asking to get nailed.
so what good would a police scanner do for you? toronto police scanners are encrypted since a few years ago

so what good would a police scanner do for you? toronto police scanners are encrypted since a few years ago

I believe they are digital, trunked, not encrypted. Most independent news cameramen use Unidens to monitor police channels and get to the scene quickly. Canadian police went to court to try to stop people from listening in on their radios years ago but they lost. You'll be shelling out a fair bit of cash to listen, but these dolts on their $30,000 sport bikes with the $3000 helmets seem to have the money.

Would be interesting for someone on an electric bike as you wouldn't get the heat signature from the tail pipes as on the ICE vehicles. Curious how they'd show up on infrared, if at all.

Would be interesting for someone on an electric bike as you wouldn't get the heat signature from the tail pipes as on the ICE vehicles. Curious how they'd show up on infrared, if at all.
Tons of heat. Under high load, the battery pack gets really warm and the battery is screaming hot. The rider always glows.

I had a failing pool pump that was 1hp running at 175F. The cameras pick out ~1F temp difference.

Flick a button on a FLIR system they use and suddenly they pop on whatever temperature range they want, so instead of looking for a 400 degree engine they can dial it down and look for a 100 degree battery pack and electric motor.

Reactions: LBV

Back
Top Bottom