Can't knock this girl down | GTAMotorcycle.com

Can't knock this girl down

600f4ilover

hey guys.. I haven't been on here in a while..just a quick update.. I had my first major accident with my 600 in September..actually a month today.. 30th.. so.. I high sided..flipped my bike 3 times..and smashed up against a tree..my bike was a total write off.. I plowed a small tree down with my shoulder and got myself a broken collar bone.. I am doing well now..almost fully recovered.. just a little story here.. in the Summer..I went to an event in Markham at Honda..and won me a 2012 Honda CBR 250r at Rock The Red.. so..my 600 was totaled I still had another bike to ride to keep me going..yeah..im kinda bad ***.. I rode 3 weeks after my high side..with a broken collar bone..but feeling good.. so..with my insurance money..I picked up another 600..so I have 2 bikes yet again!! that makes me sooo happy !! I have a YouTube channel.. check it out.. Subscribe!! :) I am one lucky girl to still be here.. I know that.. I have a whole new respect for 2 wheels.. and getting back on my ride..makes me feel alive..
this is the first ride on my lil' 250r since my high side.. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GPO2WKCDnQQ&feature=channel&list=UL cheers!!! Ride safe all!!

Sounds like you were lucky in more ways than one! Glad you're back on two wheels. Poor F4i, such a great bike... which 600 did you replace it with?

Sounds like you were lucky in more ways than one! Glad you're back on two wheels. Poor F4i, such a great bike... which 600 did you replace it with?
I sure was lucky..it was nasty.. definitely a wake up call for sure.. I actually got lucky and found the exact same bike as I wrote off..I loved that 2006 f4i so much I wasn't ready to change to another bike yet.. the blue and black is limited..only made in 2006...I got a ton of compliments on it.. and it just seemed to fit me so well.. my new one only has 10,000 kms on it.. and was majorly babied.. I was so surprised to see another one for sale.. so I had to buy it :)

I have a whole new respect for 2 wheels.. and getting back on my ride..makes me feel alive..
this is the first ride on my lil' 250r since my high side..

Congrats! as my Motorcycle Instructor said 31 years ago...you are not a Motorcycle Rider until you have your first accident.

Congrats! as my Motorcycle Instructor said 31 years ago...you are not a Motorcycle Rider until you have your first accident.
this is very true indeed!!

Glad you are recovering well. What happened when you highsided? Maybe people here can learn from it too. Anyway, keep riding and keep safe.

I sure was lucky..it was nasty.. definitely a wake up call for sure.. I actually got lucky and found the exact same bike as I wrote off..I loved that 2006 f4i so much I wasn't ready to change to another bike yet.. the blue and black is limited..only made in 2006...I got a ton of compliments on it.. and it just seemed to fit me so well.. my new one only has 10,000 kms on it.. and was majorly babied.. I was so surprised to see another one for sale.. so I had to buy it :)

Glad you're doing well. Blue and black was made from 2004 till 2006.

Please stop killing the trees.
btw- your helmet looks kind of big for you.
glad you are okay

Surprised you went through insurance. I would have figured that it would be better to just take the loss of the bike, maybe part it out, and stay quiet. Especially since you had another bike all ready to go. You will pay for that replacement bike serveral times over in increased premiums now, the way I figure it.

Did you crunch the numbers, am I missing something?

Surprised you went through insurance. I would have figured that it would be better to just take the loss of the bike, maybe part it out, and stay quiet. Especially since you had another bike all ready to go. You will pay for that replacement bike serveral times over in increased premiums now, the way I figure it.

Did you crunch the numbers, am I missing something?
actually I made money on my bike.. so I am glad I went through insurance..and my insurance didn't go up..it remains the same..I was very surprised.. but I never made a claim before.. so maybe that had a factor in it..

Please stop killing the trees.
btw- your helmet looks kind of big for you.
glad you are okay
my helmet is the right size.. nice and snug..head don't move around in it..
:)

Glad you are recovering well. What happened when you highsided? Maybe people here can learn from it too. Anyway, keep riding and keep safe.
thanks! I was coming down a hill..and then there was a sharp right hand curve.. I went into it..hit sand and off i went..
I will indeed keep riding.. :)

actually I made money on my bike.. so I am glad I went through insurance..and my insurance didn't go up..it remains the same..I was very surprised.. but I never made a claim before.. so maybe that had a factor in it..

You're basically stuck with that company now. Anyone else is going to give you insane rates for having an at fault accident. Probably at least double. Personally, I would suck up the cost of the bike. Actually, I have twice now simply absorbed the cost of the damages that were high enough that insurance would have written off the bike (not that it takes much, bike is good as new now).

Or at least anyone I talked to in my area that had an at fault when I only had one car was paying 2-3x what I was because of their accident. Also couldn't change companies because their new quotes were even higher.

Glad to hear you're out riding still, though, and hope you have a great, safe, time with the new bike.

Back
Top Bottom