Can we not change the text input box anymore? (Infuriating bug) | GTAMotorcycle.com

Can we not change the text input box anymore? (Infuriating bug)

PrivatePilot

Ironus Butticus
Site Supporter
I was sure at one point we could change the input box here at GTAM back and forth from "fancypants"/WYSIWYG to "Plain text".

I'm not sure about others, but I have this infuriating issue with the post box here where if I'm typing something and put a line break in for a new paragraph, but then have to push backspace to correct a typo (And I touch type north of >100WPM so that happens sometimes lol), the editor removes the blank line between whatever paragraph I'm typing and the one before it..

So, when I'm all done typing, I have to go back and break up all the paragraphs again manually.

Anyone else with this issue?

I've tried different browsers thinking it was an Opera thing, but had the exact same thing on Safari and Chrome.
Unless whatever is messed up in the code here is fixed, I think the least infuriating thing in the meantime is to switch to a plain text editor for the time being.

@Paul ?

So it's not just me.

I have noticed that too. Very annoying but I figured I would just deal with it.

But I would welcome a change to make it work properly.

So it's not just me.

Ok, I feel better now knowing others are experiencing it as well.

It really is...infuriating. LOL

Maybe there's a switch @Paul can throw somewhere to fix it.

Argh it just happened twice in this very reply

I will investigate

This is really getting annoying.

Soon I will need a new keyboard.

Most confused about the issue....

Only happens on desktop for me. Never mobile.

Type a few words in a paragraph like this.

Then add a blank line like this above to start a new paragraph. Then hit backspace while typing in that new second paragraph like you’re going back to fix a typo. The blank line that breaks up the paragraphs gets zapped.

Then add a blank line like this above to start a new paragraph. Then hit backspace while typing in that new second paragraph like you’re going back to fix a typo. The blank line that breaks up the paragraphs gets zapped.
Same for me.

If you press toggle BB code ("Bulletin Board Code") it will show you what happened. Probably the backspace deleted a formatting element ....

Behind the scenes ...
<p> blah blah </p>
<br />
<p> blah blah</p>

line 2 gets deleted by accident when you press backspace...

EDIT - This happens to me a ton with websites built using Drupal WordPress etc.

Last edited:

I've tried it on Google Chrome and Microsoft Edge running on Windows 10. Cannot reproduce on either. What OS are you running?

I've tried it on Google Chrome and Microsoft Edge running on Windows 10. Cannot reproduce on either. What OS are you running?
Win 10 pro. Chrome

Mac.

Reproducible across Chrome, Safari, and Opera.

I suspect some members may be using different editors that others as I remember at one point it was selectable. Although perhaps I’m remember from the pre-upgrade days when it was vBulletin still.

Testing testing.

One, Two, Three.

Hey, it seems to be fixed!

Woohoo!

Ok, that's weird.

Sometimes it's not doing it now, but other times, it still is. Actually, right in this very thread its' not doing it some times, and IS doing it other times.

Testing.

Bizzarre.

Still a problem on my end with Win10 with Chrome

I have tried as well on multiple devices and same issue.. :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

Back
Top Bottom