Can we not change the text input box anymore? (Infuriating bug) | Page 3 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Can we not change the text input box anymore? (Infuriating bug)

Who is this @VoiVoiVoi guy????

I am trying again on another
windows 10 PC. This PC is in not mine. Located in another city
Using Chrome as the browser
And the issue still here.
I will try with edge .

trying with MS Edge
And the damn issue seems to be following me.

I don't even know where to begin. LOL

I had no idea "shift-enter" was a thing. Trying it now. It screws up. Hitting "shift-enter" then a single character on the next line followed by backspace-deleting that single character not only deletes that single character (correct) but also puts the cursor back to the end of the previous line (incorrect - shouldn't delete the carriage-return as well).

Pressing carriage-return (enter) twice as I have always done, works correctly every time.

I don't even know where to begin. LOL

I had no idea "shift-enter" was a thing. Trying it now. It screws up. Hitting "shift-enter" then a single character on the next line followed by backspace-deleting that single character not only deletes that single character (correct) but also puts the cursor back to the end of the previous line (incorrect - shouldn't delete the carriage-return as well).

Pressing carriage-return (enter) twice as I have always done, works correctly every time.
I will just have to use Enter

twice to start a new paragraph unless we are able to figure it out.

Glad some others are seeing the issue now.

For those of us who it happens to regularly, it’s beyond infuriating. I touch type pretty fast so corrections happen quickly as part of the flow and then it’s all farked up when the paragraph breaks disappear on me mid type.

It doesn’t happen on mobile FWIW, even though I always use the forum via browser on my iPhone, not the app. Only on my laptop. Which I use as soon as I’m home.

Have you guys ever changed your default editor back in the vBulletin days before the board moved to Xenforo?

Yes I believe I did.

Glad some others are seeing the issue now.

For those of us who it happens to regularly, it’s beyond infuriating. I touch type pretty fast so corrections happen quickly as part of the flow and then it’s all farked up when the paragraph breaks disappear on me mid type.

It doesn’t happen on mobile FWIW, even though I always use the forum via browser on my iPhone, not the app. Only on my laptop. Which I use as soon as I’m home.

Do you use Shift-Enter instead of just Enter for your line breaks?

The fix posted on the xenforo board is a watchdog that restricts Shift-Enter:

window.addEventListener('keydown', function (event) { if (isEnterShiftPressed(event)[ && isEditor(event)) { event.preventDefault(); event.stopPropagation(); } }, true);

I was PMing with @oioioioioioioioi last night and he figured out that if he used Enter instead of Shift-Enter then the problem goes away.

Back
Top Bottom