Can anyone order from McMaster Carr? | GTAMotorcycle.com

Can anyone order from McMaster Carr?

YellowDuck

Site Supporter
Placed an order online for a pile of hardware to convert my bike for quick wheel changes (shims, bolts, locking clips etc.). Turns out they don't ship to individuals in Canada - must be a business.

I still have the complete list of part numbers etc. Can anyone help a guy out? This stuff (especially the stainless shims and stainless locking clips) are practically impossible to get anywhere else.

Do you know anybody in the US they can ship to and then that person can send them up to you?
The problem is they ship a lot by UPS,, UPS charges ridiculous broker charges so you get "Anything" over $25 you need a broker.
So that's about $40 for a UPS broker and then taxes/duties if they apply.
So buddy orders $30 and ends up paying more for shipping, brokerage and duties,,, then dumps on the company.
So it's easier to say no for them.

Placed an order online for a pile of hardware to convert my bike for quick wheel changes (shims, bolts, locking clips etc.). Turns out they don't ship to individuals in Canada - must be a business.

I still have the complete list of part numbers etc. Can anyone help a guy out? This stuff (especially the stainless shims and stainless locking clips) are practically impossible to get anywhere else.
Give tony a call maybe he can help you.

Do you know anybody in the US they can ship to and then that person can send them up to you?
The problem is they ship a lot by UPS,, UPS charges ridiculous broker charges so you get "Anything" over $25 you need a broker.
So that's about $40 for a UPS broker and then taxes/duties if they apply.
So buddy orders $30 and ends up paying more for shipping, brokerage and duties,,, then dumps on the company.
So it's easier to say no for them.

UPS brokerage fees is not their issue. It has something to do with US export regulations. They will not even ship to a US address if the online order came from a foreign IP address.

I stock the clips.... whole bike kit is 20$. for the really fast changes try fastfrankracing.com

UPS brokerage fees is not their issue. It has something to do with US export regulations. They will not even ship to a US address if the online order came from a foreign IP address.
Trust me,, it has nothing to do with US Export,,,,,exporting is what they want. Been doing this for about 33 years and it will never change in our life time.

Fast Frank has one of the lightest, coolest Ducati Sport Classics ever assembled....but even he doesn't make a quick change kit for it. I do already have his captive rear axle blocks though - they are a big help. But I am still stuck removing two axle nuts, four caliper bolts and four axle pinch bolts to do a wheel change. If I have to re-wire all that stuff a wheel change is 45 min at least, maybe more depending how much of a b**ch the rear axle wants to be that day. Thus the desire to go to locking clips.

Anyway, Scuba Steve is placing my order with M-C so I should be good for parts. 20-min change should be possible when I get it all set up.

Use a VPN

McMaster Carr is awesome. I have no idea how they do it, but I can order something at 3:00pm and it will be here the next morning.

Back
Top Bottom