Can anybody recommend a trusted mechanic to work on a KTM RC390 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Can anybody recommend a trusted mechanic to work on a KTM RC390

My 2018 KTM RC390 with 8500km has oil in the coolant. After a bit of google university I've learned that its either a head gasket failure (not likely with the 2018) or the water pump seals which are a common failure on this bike. I've contacted the last place to work on the bike but they cant get me in for 2 weeks at least. Can anybody recommend a Mechanic that would be comfortable with this bike?

Any help would be appreciated.

Two weeks seems pretty good right now. It's hard to find a busier time of year for shops. You could try @frekeyguy (motomechto), not sure how much he has going on (home garage). Ken would be preferred but I have never heard of someone unhappy with frekey's service.

If it's the water pump seal, should be fairly simple. This video shows only about 3 minutes to get it out, so anyone with some wrenching ability should be able to handle it.

2 weeks doesn't sound bad. I agree with the post above. Get yourself the water pump seals, book an appointment and get to work. If the water pump seals are not the fix then at least you have the appointment for the potential head gasket. I'd order parts asap in any case. 2 sets of water pump seals in case you butcher it the first time.

Root cause aside, do you know how long the coolant has been mixing with the oil? If caught in time, all you need to do is address the root cause and flush out the latte. If it's been too long, there could be internal damage due to insufficient lubrication.

Back
Top Bottom