Campgrounds open | GTAMotorcycle.com

Campgrounds open

This morning there were certain revocations and revisions to the earlier planned openings - so we may not be able to solo camp just yet, unless you are in an RV/trailer and/or a seasonal permit holder. Sorry I can't share sources because they are confidential docs I have through work. Updated files might be posted on the Ontario website if you check.

Private Campground Assosiation has beed a good source
for accurate, up to date info

trailer and RV owners on seasonal sites only beginning Saturday

I had to sign a covid waiver to get in my unit

I think not allowing solo camping, yet allowing RVs is ridiculous. My neighbour has an RV up north, he and his wife go every weekend, to chill with their friends and local RV buddies, drink, and smoke weed. They don't go for peace or to get away from their house, its to escape their kids and chill with friends. So they can go now, and a single person can't pitch a tent alone in peace because its too social. Okay.

Up until now, the only people allowed into trailer parks were snowbirds that didn't have another Canadian address.

Most private parks opening under the upcoming regs are specifically NOT allowing tenters this year. Many are not allowing transient RV's either if they are a mostly seasonal park to begin with with only a handful of transient sites.

Some of the bigger campgrounds are not even ready to open. I have a friend who's been griping online all day about the fact their park announced a "tentative" opening date of June 1'st today - I guess they weren't doing any prep whatsoever so everything is still in full winter mode - no water, no sewer, etc.

I'm just looking forward to the provincial parks opening up so I can throw the tent on the bike and go drink some beers around a campfire.

The private park where my trailer is, says they're hoping for beginning of June.

I just checked in with our park and it’s showing as open for people to come and prepare for the season, but no overnight stays until June 2nd. Also, basically everything is closed or off limits within the park, you can just go to your site and stay at the trailer. No parks, common spaces, laundry, dog park, bathrooms/showers and the office is only accessible by phone/email.
Our trailer has full facilities so we’re fine that way, but if we’re not even allowed to walk through the park, what’s the point? I suppose I should at least go down and cut the grass at our site....

Reactions: JTR
What about back woods camp sites like Puzzle Lake? I would expect those to open on Tuesday for backwoods tent camping, that is all they have!
:/ but then, most or all of those will be water access only and that won't work so great for riders, unless you can get somebody to deliver you a canoe etc.

Our trailer has full facilities so we’re fine that way, but if we’re not even allowed to walk through the park, what’s the point?
I feel the same way. Except I am right on the grand river, so atleast I can go fishing. Socially though, 2020 is incredibly disturbing.

Our trailer has full facilities so we’re fine that way, but if we’re not even allowed to walk through the park, what’s the point? I suppose I should at least go down and cut the grass at our site....

ours opened today for trailer owners only
all shared infrastructure are out of bounds
but we can walk around, walk the dog etc, with proper distancing
on the Madawaska river so can go canoeing/kayaking
boat launch and docks are tagged out

no sitting around the campfire though :(
municipality has a burn ban in effect
have a feeling it's going to be all summer

I assume it's been pretty dry up there? This side of the horseshoe has been really wet so far this spring.

I assume it's been pretty dry up there? This side of the horseshoe has been really wet so far this spring.

not at all
you'd have a hard time getting a fire going

I figure they just don't want the Fire Dept tied up with beer drinking yahoos
not that I'm not a beer drinking yahoo

anyone who spends at least a season at a trailer park sees someone catch themselves on fire

No burn ban here ? Walleye and Pike season opened today, two less reasons to starve to death,
I can legally go catch one and I don't have to eat it raw (y)

Reactions: JTR
ours opened today for trailer owners only
all shared infrastructure are out of bounds
but we can walk around, walk the dog etc, with proper distancing
on the Madawaska river so can go canoeing/kayaking
boat launch and docks are tagged out

no sitting around the campfire though :(
municipality has a burn ban in effect
have a feeling it's going to be all summer
They just lifted the fire ban in Haliburton

where is your campground?
Mine personally or the nearest one to me :unsure: I'm not far from Puzzle Lake, Central Frontenac area 18 on the fish season map.
Riding is great right now, black flies are horrible, flies should cool down in about 3 weeks once the dragonflies come out.

Back
Top Bottom