Calling Anyone That Has GoPro Attached To Their Helmets | Page 4 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Calling Anyone That Has GoPro Attached To Their Helmets

So, anyhow.....side question. What do all you guys who run GoPro's constantly do with all the gigabytes of footage after the fact?

I move everything to the computer and fire up Premiere Pro to splice out the interesting bits if any (there are none 98% of the time), upload said bits to YouTube as unlisted vids to share with a few people, then I delete everything else.

I like being able to review riding mistakes, close calls, etc. The close calls never look as bad as they did in the moment, which I guess is a good thing.

So, anyhow.....side question. What do all you guys who run GoPro's constantly do with all the gigabytes of footage after the fact?

I have a GoPro but I think I used it maybe 5 times last year as the only roads I felt worthy of filming was Iron Mountain Road and Needles Highway, Tail of the Dragon, and Back of the Dragon.

I can't possibly imagine what the heck I'd do with hundreds of hours of video footage of riding Ontario's boring ass roads, with *very* few exceptions.
sd card is set to overwrite when it becomes full, largely i use it for potential insurance situations.

also, you may be surprised how much a camera in someones face defuses a situation. think i've posted about that on here already.

sd card is set to overwrite when it becomes full, largely i use it for potential insurance situations.

also, you may be surprised how much a camera in someones face defuses a situation. think i've posted about that on here already.

Fair enough. The dashcam aspect has come across my mind on occasion (as we do have dashcams in our cars) but I think I'd buy a purpose built hardwired dashcam versus dealing with having to the battery charging on a Gopro, etc.

Fair enough. The dashcam aspect has come across my mind on occasion (as we do have dashcams in our cars) but I think I'd buy a purpose built hardwired dashcam versus dealing with having to the battery charging on a Gopro, etc.
amen, that's why i roll with a camera with 5hrs of battery life (option to increase to 8). otherwise you`re swapping it out every gas tank and pray it recharges faster then you ride.

amen, that's why i roll with a camera with 5hrs of battery life (option to increase to 8). otherwise you`re swapping it out every gas tank and pray it recharges faster then you ride.
Mine is plugged in to USB external power, no need to worry about charging battery. SD card is good for about 7 hours of 1080. (y)

I think I'd just want one like our cars - permanently mounted out of the way somewhere, fully automatic, and automatically turns on and off with the bike.

A buddy has one like that - fully waterproof as well so it just stays there all the time and does it's thing....zero interaction required.

I think I'd just want one like our cars - permanently mounted out of the way somewhere, fully automatic, and automatically turns on and off with the bike.

A buddy has one like that - fully waterproof as well so it just stays there all the time and does it's thing....zero interaction required.
my problem with that is the viewing angle, hence why i prefer mounting it to my skull. i figure i'd eventually look at whatever is going down.

all the above being said, the ONE time i loaned my camera out to a friend was when i wrote the fz09 off. Murphy is an *******.

my problem with that is the viewing angle, hence why i prefer mounting it to my skull. i figure i'd eventually look at whatever is going down.

Fair argument again. Food for thought.

Cops aren't hunting down riders with cameras, but they might be after the ones that also have blue lights.
Just watch out between Peterborough and Lindsay. There is a cop that has a special hate on for GoPro's on helmets. He will fine you and confiscate your lid and leave you stranded on the side of the road.
May the fleas of a thousand camels infest his arm pits.
Happy Apexes.

I have a GoPro but I think I used it maybe 5 times last year as the only roads I felt worthy of filming was Iron Mountain Road and Needles Highway, Tail of the Dragon, and Back of the Dragon.

I can't possibly imagine what the heck I'd do with hundreds of hours of video footage of riding Ontario's boring ass roads, with *very* few exceptions.

In my case I don't keep all those gigabytes of footage, if I never saw anything interesting in my 3-hour ride I come home and delete the video files without even looking at them. But many times when I didn't carry an action camera I saw many things that would have made viral videos, fights, freakish accidents and even police foot chases. Youtube's vast quantity of crash and viral videos exist because of people filming their journeys, but the batting average for catching something interesting is about 0.003%.

Back
Top Bottom