Calling all Potential Light Weight racers.... | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Calling all Potential Light Weight racers....

I see a podium in your future this season Mike! You were doing very well at Round 5 last year and your speed improved by a ton from your first to your last race.

Hey Justin!
Well you never know, stranger things have happened.... Either way I'm sure we'll all have fun on the track and in the paddock, which is what it's all about! :)
Hope you get your Bandit motor back together ..... You racing your R3 too?

Hey Justin!
Well you never know, stranger things have happened.... Either way I'm sure we'll all have fun on the track and in the paddock, which is what it's all about! :)
Hope you get your Bandit motor back together ..... You racing your R3 too?

The Bandits motor is back together. Just getting some things figured out.

The R3 is purely a streetbike.

The Bandits motor is back together. Just getting some things figured out.

The R3 is purely a streetbike.

That's great, because it looks like you have a lot of fun peddling that 400 'round Shanny.

Dude, an R3 for the street; come on! I think you need to buy my Ducati 996 to ride on the street and sell me your R3 (very cheaply) so I can race it - Lol

That's great, because it looks like you have a lot of fun peddling that 400 'round Shanny.

Dude, an R3 for the street; come on! I think you need to buy my Ducati 996 to ride on the street and sell me your R3 (very cheaply) so I can race it - Lol

I've done the big bike thing before on the street. I hated paying a stupid amount of insurance for a motorcycle that I can't even use 50% of on the street.

Also the r3 gets 67mpg...that's nice.

My 400 this year has proper tires, and proper suspension. Last year I was on sport touring tires and stock fork springs and oil with leaky fork seals.

Should be a fun time this year, lots of little bikes coming out apparently.

Should be as fun as a proddy race around brands hatch on LC Yamaha's!

I've done the big bike thing before on the street. I hated paying a stupid amount of insurance for a motorcycle that I can't even use 50% of on the street.

Also the r3 gets 67mpg...that's nice.

My 400 this year has proper tires, and proper suspension. Last year I was on sport touring tires and stock fork springs and oil with leaky fork seals.

Should be a fun time this year, lots of little bikes coming out apparently.

Should be as fun as a proddy race around brands hatch on LC Yamaha's!

Your Bandit should be quite the weapon this year then, mate: You'll be needing elbow-sliders too ;-)

Yeah, now you're talking: Brands Hatch,.. Proddy racing on RD350 LC's,.. Donington Park,.. 2-stroke GP bikes ...
I've ****** away a few Sundays going to those places and watching all that good stuff. Good times :)

Hi; I will be back at grand bend with SOAR with my KTM RC390 and CBR 250 endurance bike. Bringing out two more lightweight riders too. I love s'ville but hate the trip thru the GTA so just doing one track this year. This will be year 35 racing. Brian and his FZR are still youngsters. Parillaguy

Hi; I will be back at grand bend with SOAR with my KTM RC390 and CBR 250 endurance bike. Bringing out two more lightweight riders too. I love s'ville but hate the trip thru the GTA so just doing one track this year. This will be year 35 racing. Brian and his FZR are still youngsters. Parillaguy

Hey parillaguy, I met you several years ago when I rode up from Buffalo to check out one of your RS250's at your house. Looking forward to racing with you in the lightweight endurance!

woohoo! got in for the April 30th RACE school..one step closer!!

I've had two 400 bandits that I've raced. Sweet handling bikes. They did not like having pod filters on the carbs. Screwed up the jetting big time. Stock airbox was the only way I could get the things to run right.

I've had two 400 bandits that I've raced. Sweet handling bikes. They did not like having pod filters on the carbs. Screwed up the jetting big time. Stock airbox was the only way I could get the things to run right.

I run a gutted stock airbox. It runs sweetly....until you snap a rocker in the top and things come to a grinding hault.

Hopefully the bike is fixed, by April 30th.

Sorry if off topic but are we allowed to run preload adjusters on the forks?

I'll have to check the rule book but I think you can only change springs and oil.

Sorry if off topic but are we allowed to run preload adjusters on the forks?
Front Suspension
• Externals must be stock including brake stays
• Internal springs may be changed but dampening system must remain stock.

Just keep in mind that it is a "production" class with limited modifications.

For people that want to start spending lots of money, then it moves the bike to Lightweight Superbike.

Just keep in mind that it is a "production" class with limited modifications.

For people that want to start spending lots of money, then it moves the bike to Lightweight Superbike.

I couldn't imagine how much money it would take to make a CBR250r competitive against a SV650....

Exactly, so for anyone on a small production cc bike, make sure your CBR250 or such complies with the production class rules and you won't be competing against an SV650.

I couldn't imagine how much money it would take to make a CBR250r competitive against a SV650....

Exactly, so for anyone on a small production cc bike, make sure your CBR250 or such complies with the production class rules and you won't be competing against an SV650.

Maybe we should remove the SVs from LWT superbike....:lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao:

Back
Top Bottom