Calabogie Tips? (places to eat, buy food, etc.) | GTAMotorcycle.com

Calabogie Tips? (places to eat, buy food, etc.)

Fili-mac

Two days at bogie are booked and coming up fast. We have booked a room at Calabogie Peaks, now what else do I have to think about :confused:.

Any recommendation on places to eat, or place to stay away from?

Is there a grocery store near by? or I should we stock up for the trip before we leave?

No grocery stores around the area. Calabogie pizza, and theres a bar/pub right beside Calabogie Motor Inn.

Best bet is to stop in Perth or head into Renfrew for groceries.

Calabogie Pizza is good. Shooters Bar next to the Calabogie motor inn is good. You can go to Mumfords for breakfast in the morning. I've talked to the owner of Polly's little Shanty the last couple years and she was good enough to open early on Sunday and Monday morning for breakfast. (Like 6;30 AM) They make a dynomite breakfast. If others are interested please let me know and I'll let her know. We're up there late Sat. through Monday. And I think there is a little grocery store by the LCBO but I'm not certain.

Honestly, there are not too many places to choose from and the ones that were mentioned are below average. The one place worth checking out is the Blackbird Restaurant off of the 509 it is well worth the extra miles and food is very good. Don`t forget ...you will need to make reservations.

There is food at the track now, she is open 8 to 3 and food is reasonably priced and decent. You can also get sandwiches and other take out stuff at Mumford's in the morning. Not sure about groceries but there may be a place next to the LCBO, as others have said.

F-all there but the track, come prepared and make due with the little that is offered there or drive to get what you need for the weekend.......the track experience makes up for the lack of amenities!!!!!!

There is a small grocery store in Bogie, it's back open this year. LCBO, 2 gas stations and a handful of small diner restaurants. Calabogie Lodge or the golf course are a step up from there.

Ride safe, wish I was going this weekend but gotta work.

Anybody know how late the track is open? Might be arriving pretty late at night to set up camp.

This week is part of the Quebec construction holiday.

The good news is; that the place will be busy. It looks like they have 80~90 bike pre-registered. The food concession is sure to be operating.
The bad news is; the place will be busy. For some of these riders is seems this is their only track day of the year and they are gonzo. Last year I think I got 3 sessions on the fist day and 2 sessions on the second day. We had out lap crashes at turn 5 (brake parts fell off), turn 2 (low side) and turn one (yes, the very first corner out of the pits, high side). The first session I made it onto the track I got as far as turn 8 before we were red flagged. There was a second riders meeting at lunch (in French as well). Quite a bit of excitement if you're into that sort of thing, but a little short on actual track time.

If the gates are closed by the time you get there, temporarily camp at the side of the road outside the gate. You won't be the first to do this, and no doubt not the last. Be prepared to move in first thing in the morning. The black flies, mosquitoes, deer flies, horse flies, skunks, racoons, deer, coyotes, bears and rattle trap generators don't respect the fence, so you won't be missing anything if you're stuck outside over night.

Crossing fingers for weather

Ditto, I'll be on the red r6 #313 signed up for saturday and monday. First time there so might be need some help with lines etc.

If you camp at the track,be sure your coolers are very secure.The local wildlife is well fed (at 3 am) by those that are not careful.

Ditto, I'll be on the red r6 #313 signed up for saturday and monday. First time there so might be need some help with lines etc.
No worries, first two sessions in the morning you can go out with the instructors to show you the lines.
See you there Sat/Sun - R6 #26 ;-)

In case anyone wants a good breaky; Polly's is open at 7 am sun and monday. See u at the track.

Back
Top Bottom