Cagers sneaking in on the right? Anyone else see this? | Page 3 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Cagers sneaking in on the right? Anyone else see this?

I feel your pain. Entitlement is not just about the block, but also about not wanting or feeling you need to wait your turn at a 4 way stop. In Richmond Hill it seems stop signs have become optional. I see people in my area blow through them at like 40kms without even slowing down, and I see this happen EVERYDAY without fail. I have even seen people rush to stop 1 car length early (slam on the brakes early, then take off without stopping) as if to avoid stopping after you, then they try and go around your car or bike turning left in front of them.

It sucks, but there are really stupid people out there, can't do much about that, and cops sure as hell don't care as I have seem them do the exact same crap.

I agree with this thought.

Your safety comes first. Make sure your in a position that secures your cushion of space around you. Esp important because you are a new rider. What happens if dicko decides to go straight insted of right at the last moment?, or really just wanted to pass you for whatever reason. Don't give them that option.

Traffic would flow alot better if people would all follow one set of rules insted of everyone playing by their own.

I did not have a problem with cars making a right turn while I was on the left side of the lane, until I had this car (who was not turning) cut me out of the lane just to get ahead of traffic. Sorry to all other drivers, but my safety goes before driving courtesy!. So now, I stand in the middle to stop all cars from turning or getting on "MY LANE".
+1. Exact same thing happened to me, and I now do the same as you.

What happens if dicko decides to go straight insted of right at the last moment?, or really just wanted to pass you for whatever reason. Don't give them that option.

You're on a motorcycle, and even a CBR125 will accelerate faster than 95% of the cars on the road. If someone pulls along you and tries to pass you in your own lane, just crank open the throttle and you'll be out of there well ahead of him. Then you can ride in all the blocking positions you want. But don't inconvenience ALL drivers and riders just because ONE of them was a jackass.

You're on a motorcycle, and even a CBR125 will accelerate faster than 95% of the cars on the road. If someone pulls along you and tries to pass you in your own lane, just crank open the throttle and you'll be out of there well ahead of him. Then you can ride in all the blocking positions you want. But don't inconvenience ALL drivers and riders just because ONE of them was a jackass.

Seriously? I dont' think a 125 can out accelerate a car easily, especially not at running pace.

Seriously? I dont' think a 125 can out accelerate a car easily, especially not at running pace.

No, not easily. A Honda Civic EX has a significantly faster 0-60 time than a CBR125R, but the bike should have a big advantage off the line.

I really don't see the issue with this... if you're not turning right you're just allowing someone to go through while you're at the stop sign.. no danger here.
It's similar to being in the right lane of a main road at the stop sign and you pull forward to let the guy behind you turn right. Stop looking for things to complain about.

So, you're suggesting to essentially play chicken with a cager to beat them across the intersection, and then to go ahead and block the irritated cager who was adamant about getting past you? Not exactly what I would call the wisest advice. On the street, it's about self-preservation, and it only takes ONE jackass to permanently inconvenience you.

As I mentioned previously, I now block at intersections due to the mentioned scenario. If someone still manages to squeeze in, and wants to go straight, I let them lead. I'd rather be behind them where I have control of the situation than have them behind me.

So, you're suggesting to essentially play chicken with a cager to beat them across the intersection, and then to go ahead and block the irritated cager who was adamant about getting past you? Not exactly what I would call the wisest advice. On the street, it's about self-preservation, and it only takes ONE jackass to permanently inconvenience you.

As I mentioned previously, I now block at intersections due to the mentioned scenario. If someone still manages to squeeze in, and wants to go straight, I let them lead. I'd rather be behind them where I have control of the situation than have them behind me.

Sure man, do what you need to do if it makes you feel better. Because when it comes down to it, if a car wants your space, they'll take it no matter what, and the driver will just claim they didn't see you.

Back
Top Bottom