Cabot trail info? | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Cabot trail info?

If you go to PEI (Worth it, I liked Charlottetown) take the ferry there from Nova Scotia as the ferry is free TO PEI then take the bridge back. The ferry is a fun little diversion plus you don't lose much travel time as the bridge drops you off in New Brunswick.

Thanks again for all the great info. We have decided to ride through the US on our way to Cape Breton. We will cross at Gananoque or Cornwall, not sure yet. I am looking for info from thaws that have traveled through the US to recommend where to ride & stay. I am thinking it is going to take us the better part of 3 days to get to Baddeck, NS. I was thinking of using (kiley route) http://maps.google.ca/maps/ms?hl=en&...c4aef7df7b&z=6 to get there.
On the return trip, take the Caribou Ferry over to Wood Islands PEI. Do a few days turing around PEI. return back by the Confederation Bridge, then down the ST Laurent HWY 20 to home. So once again any & all personal experance will be greatly apresheated.

Craig

Gad you liked the route
Hey I really like that.... "Kiley's Route"
Think I'll call it that from now on :)
Ya I am going in June and taking that route.
Might spend one day for Americade then keep going.
Have a safe ride

Nice route, we took pretty much the exact same route except took the ferry from St. John to Digby, it let us explore Nova Scotia more, then saw New Brunswick on the way home through Quebec. In the states we went a little more south through the Kancamagus Highway and stopped in Conway, very pretty and touristy. I think it took us 4 days through the states to Nova Scotia, it can take a bit longer than it looks, I found none of the roads in the states were straight, curve after curve, which is amazing, but doesn't get you far fast and after 6 hours of it can be dizzying.

If It is different out there. Friendly folks and very helpful so be kind. This area is NOT again I say NOT the GTA it is a different mindset. Think small town life from a earlier time.

damn that is an insult, i don't know the last or if you ever have been there, but in no way are they that far behind, and your sadly mistaken if you take there kindness for ignorance ffs :confused:

so you're saying that the people out there are just as big ******** as in the gta? maybe cheticamp (that was the only place i found unfriendly when i was out there)

I don't see the insult.I think he is referring to the slower pace of life down east.Just the same as when you are in the islands.

Life is slower out here in Cape Breton (my wife and I left Toronto in 2008 to come here), its called "Island Time". People here enjoy the outdoors and enjoying life. There are plenty of motorcyclists here and it is MUCH MORE friendly for riders. One tip I can give is to slow down a bit out here, most people go the speed limit, not because of cops, but because there is no sense of urgency out here. It took us awhile to get used to it but we now enjoy the less hectic, maniac drivers and chaos of Toronto.

Patrick
Cabot Trail Motorcycle Retreat
ctmcretreat.com

The painted lines are super slick, so watch out in the rain haha.

it's nice out there, i look forward to going back.

BTDT twice, but most of my tips have already been covered in this and many other CT threads here. Y'know, there should be a sticky thread made for the Cabot Trail.

BTDT twice, but most of my tips have already been covered in this and many other CT threads here. Y'know, there should be a sticky thread made for the Cabot Trail.

I find something new every time I go. A sticky would take all the fun and passion out of it.

The Cabot Trail.
Step 1. Point your bike east
Step 2. Let out the clutch
Step 3. Enjoy

I find something new every time I go. A sticky would take all the fun and passion out of it.

The Cabot Trail.
Step 1. Point your bike east
Step 2. Let out the clutch
Step 3. Enjoy

You have a point, but there seems to be a lot of people who have never been - which is why these threads keep popping up. Might be easier to locate them all in one sticky so that anyone looking for info, places to stay/eat, things to do there, etc, will have the benefit of picking and choosing advice from those who have been.

You have a point, but there seems to be a lot of people who have never been - which is why these threads keep popping up. Might be easier to locate them all in one sticky so that anyone looking for info, places to stay/eat, things to do there, etc, will have the benefit of picking and choosing advice from those who have been.

I think I'd end up sounding like a travel guide, it's not for me but I'll post pictures and stick my oar in here and there. :)

damn that is an insult, i don't know the last or if you ever have been there, but in no way are they that far behind, and your sadly mistaken if you take there kindness for ignorance ffs :confused:

You really should not take insult when one was not intended nor implied. When I do mean to insult, belittle or otherwise make my displeasure known you will not need to think about it it will be very clear.

We are getting closer to our trip to CapeBreton. We are trying to decide where to cross into the US. I read a post thatsome people recommended crossing at Wolfe Island, in Kingston, to beat thelonger wait times, of the other crossings. Planning to ride through theAdirondack region, into Lake Placid, then on to Vermont. Looking to stop aroundBristol aria for the night, which would be around 8 hours from home. If we areable to travel farther we will go on to Montpelier, or even to St Johnsbury. Anyoneknow of any good cheep place to stay, for the night?

Wolfe Island is a wonderful slow route to go, rural and scenic, but I've found that crossing at Gananoque is fast and direct, You'll be through Lake Placid if you're doing 800km per day, have a look closer to Maine. First day I make Farmington or Bangor, second day I make PEI in a 1000 km ride. If you're doing shorter days, Cobblestone Lodge offers off season rates, and it has an incredible view of Whiteface over the golf course. I love that trip. Remember the Good food store in Bethel Maine for the smoked meat menu, or Rumford Centre, the Route 2 Diner for home baked bread and corned beef.

Back
Top Bottom