CAA Wait times. Any other recommendations? | GTAMotorcycle.com

CAA Wait times. Any other recommendations?

cycling

Site Supporter
I waited 5 frigging hours for CAA hours to arrive. Dispatch lied saying they will be there at such and such a time.

What sort of wait times have you had?

What companies have you joined?

Canadian Tires, etc.

Please and thanks.

I was always told if the wait was to long they would have to pay you for another tow company. This was along the line of being in a dangerous situation, blocking traffic ... also if an officer calls and tells them it has to be moved right away or he they the police will call another company and have it removed.

To get the flatbed...i'd say 2 hours is longest i've waiting.

I've had a dead battery once and they had a tracking link that allowed me to see where the truck was as it was on its way. Pretty neat (a little bit like the receiving end of the app Glympse)

I was always told if the wait was to long they would have to pay you for another tow company. This was along the line of being in a dangerous situation, blocking traffic ... also if an officer calls and tells them it has to be moved right away or he they the police will call another company and have it removed.

I was stuck in Stoney Creek. Many of us called other Companies and either too busy or I was too far away.
Thanks.

That's classic CAA. They say a certain time and it gets pushed back every half hour for another 4 hours.

I was told 1 hour one time, and it ended up being 5 hours. With about 8 delays texted to me overall as I waited. I ended up getting the trip free because I called to complain.

I sold a vehicle recently and the purchaser called CAA to tow it home. They told him 79 minutes and I almost died laughing. For a company that routinely blows their estimated arrival times by hours, that was a very precise prediction. I don't know how long they actually took, probably more like 2+ hours.

That's classic CAA. They say a certain time and it gets pushed back every half hour for another 4 hours.

I was told 1 hour one time, and it ended up being 5 hours. With about 8 delays texted to me overall as I waited. I ended up getting the trip free because I called to complain.

But did you max out your tows that year?
If not, you basically got a very delayed tow for what you already paid for via membership.

Last time I used CAA was when I sold my bike 3-4 years ago and we got hit with a snow storm as I was about to deliver it so I had it towed to the buyer's house. I think I waited approx 1 hr which wasn't bad at all considering the snow.

30 minutes slightly before rush hour morning.
50~minutes in rush hour evening.
I have 0 complaints.
5df78f78185a1a0f875923cbec7efaf6.jpg
0a29bbf51e31b61b8cd8e96ee19879ff.jpg

Last edited:
Been a customer for 5 years. Usually on time from their estimates. Worth it for me

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Ran out of gas once on the 403 in Paris Ontario with no exits for 5k both ways...
Called at 6pm.. Told they would be there within the hour.. They called me the next day at 1pm to ask if I still needed the gas..
GF came from windsor with a 5L Jug with gas once we realized no one was coming by midnight.. Good times

U definitely should of called back lol
Ran out of gas once on the 403 in Paris Ontario with no exits for 5k both ways...
Called at 6pm.. Told they would be there within the hour.. They called me the next day at 1pm to ask if I still needed the gas..
GF came from windsor with a 5L Jug with gas once we realized no one was coming by midnight.. Good times

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

I've had CAA for about 15 years now. Some years I've used all 4 of my tows and other years only once. Longest I've ever had to wait was about 2.5 hours when another rider dropped his bike in Coe Hill area. Usually I wait about an hour and always request a flat bed. Had a breakdown in Virginia and they paid for the tow which only took 1hr to arrive. Cousin locked the keys in her car in BC last summer and they showed up in 30 minutes.
Easily worth the money for me.

Only used it once. Tow truck was to get to my downtown TO location in one hour and it showed up in 70 minutes. It was a summer 2018 weekday near lunchtime so traffic was not bad.

Seemingly took forever to hook the bike onto the flatbed... and still it got dropped on the 15 minute drive.

But did you max out your tows that year?
If not, you basically got a very delayed tow for what you already paid for via membership.

Last time I used CAA was when I sold my bike 3-4 years ago and we got hit with a snow storm as I was about to deliver it so I had it towed to the buyer's house. I think I waited approx 1 hr which wasn't bad at all considering the snow.

Had not used any of my tows.

CAA Premier Memberships offer five service calls – one with a maximum towing distance of 320 km, and four with a maximum towing distance of 200 km each.

So far they have cancelled my 2 tows. Plus $50 off my renewal.

The last few times I've called them, they did indeed take a while to show up but the wait times were tolerable. The last guy had a pretty sweet truck

Back
Top Bottom