Buy a bike in October or wait for Spring? | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Buy a bike in October or wait for Spring?

Ninja 650R 453 per yr
HD Deuce Softail 1240 per yr
If you dont have to be ricky racer or charlie chopper then you can get a good rate for a bike from any insurance company
That said, you need a clean record and/or be willing to start small and old and work your way up.
Fall is best time to get deals, because people dont want to store bike and/ or are getting married in spring.

Ninja 650R 453 per yr
HD Deuce Softail 1240 per yr
If you dont have to be ricky racer or charlie chopper then you can get a good rate for a bike from any insurance company
That said, you need a clean record and/or be willing to start small and old and work your way up.
Fall is best time to get deals, because people dont want to store bike and/ or are getting married in spring.
$453 for a 650R is really good if that's in GTA

Check with your insurance company…they may be willing to insure you prior to getting your M2 based on the fact that you have a date booked.

If that’s the case, you can start looking immediately and pick up a deal in September before the weather turns.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am away half of September. That plus some family obligations limit my time and it looks like I might have to go to Whitby or Oakville to test ride pre-owned bikes at dealers. Hence the plan of buying in October.

Finished my MSF with Leaning Curves today. Good school, highly recommended. Teachers were Looch and Raj, if anybody here knows them.

Got some quotes for Triumph Street Triple, Ducati Monster and Yamaha MT09. I am 90% sure I am getting the Striple once I'm back from my trip in September. Quotes were not different enough to impact the decision but the Striple was the cheapest of the 3.

Hopefully GP Bikes has a Striple RS left in stock in October.

A possible tip would be to contact an insurance broker and ask if having an experience letter from an insurance carrier from your country of origin would be helpful.

If yes, then you have the hassle of getting one but, there are some circumstances that it could be beneficial. Along with other insurance products included in the bundle. If it’s just a stand alone policy for motorcycle, most companies won’t be receptive to finding a way to save your pennies.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Finished my MSF with Leaning Curves today. Good school, highly recommended. Teachers were Looch and Raj, if anybody here knows them.

Got some quotes for Triumph Street Triple, Ducati Monster and Yamaha MT09. I am 90% sure I am getting the Striple once I'm back from my trip in September. Quotes were not different enough to impact the decision but the Striple was the cheapest of the 3.

Hopefully GP Bikes has a Striple RS left in stock in October.

If it's just a matter of timing, you can always ask if they'll take a deposit to hold one for you until then. You can also try working in winter storage, although they told me they couldn't do it for leftover 690 SMCR I was interested last November.

If it's just a matter of timing, you can always ask if they'll take a deposit to hold one for you until then. You can also try working in winter storage, although they told me they couldn't do it for leftover 690 SMCR I was interested last November.

I have enough garage space to keep the bike over winter. Unless there's more to it than a trickle charger and avoiding the tires from being on cold concrete.

Good point about the deposit. I will contact them tomorrow and see. They have an RS in stock but it's not my preferred colour. Let's see what my options are.

I bought my bike in October - dealer was more than willing to negotiate a discount at the end of the season. Free winter storage was part of the deal as well - In your case it's seems to be nit important, since you have a garage.

As well you can register a bike in your name unplated, in this case you don't need an insurance. I elected to go this way and insured bike in December - it's much convenient to deal with this during offseason. Obviously you can't ride bike unplated, but you can move it on a flatbed, if you are OK with an uninsured bike sitting in your garage.

I have TD for my house and car. I've heard good things about their bundles.
I’ve got the TD bundle and no one can touch the pricing that I’m getting. I’m also part of PEO so that adds a 20% discount or so also which is a big help.

I vote for September / October to buy a bike.

I’ve got the TD bundle and no one can touch the pricing that I’m getting. I’m also part of PEO so that adds a 20% discount or so also which is a big help.

I vote for September / October to buy a bike.

We don’t have our house with TD, but have both cars and my bike along with a discount for my wife’s professional association. Always found it quite competitive.

When I called TD for a quote for my R3 I ended up telling them to call me back when they sober up.

If no one has mentioned it, I suggest riders plus, they gave me the best quote and I ended up also switching my car over and I am saving on that as well.

When I called TD for a quote for my R3 I ended up telling them to call me back when they sober up.

If no one has mentioned it, I suggest riders plus, they gave me the best quote and I ended up also switching my car over and I am saving on that as well.

No single insurer that will give the best rate to all riders, since there are so many factors and they all have their own risk/reward appetite. On top of that, 2 people with the same insurer and same bike can have wildly different rates due to other factors, such as location, age, experience, etc. Here's an old post by @VifferFun that summarizes:

And here's another one of his posts where people shared their rates alongside some of those factors:

Back
Top Bottom