Burlington- Loud bike ban | GTAMotorcycle.com

Burlington- Loud bike ban

Thank your local open pipes harley riding douchetard for another new bylaw :lol:

Figures the photo is of a Harley with the owner claiming his exhaust is for "safety" ahahaha what a twat

I think any place with a noise by-law for MOTORCYCLES are ^%$#ing idiots.

It should be a by-law for ALL MOTORIZED VEHICLES. And it should be enforced on every vehicle; not just motorcycles.

The Honda Civics with an exhaust so big you could fist it with a 2L bottle. Yeah, those guys. Give them tickets.

It should be a by-law for ALL MOTORIZED VEHICLES. And it should be enforced on every vehicle; not just motorcycles.

The Honda Civics with an exhaust so big you could fist it with a 2L bottle. Yeah, those guys. Give them tickets.

As much as I hate Civics with big exhaust cans they never bother me like a Harley with open pipes.

I rarely hear overly loud ricers buzzing around any more. Can't say the same for Hardleys.

I agree all vehicles, cars with loud exhaust is a year round problem, bikes mostly summer.

what about the civic with the coke bottle exhaust and the bass blasting dub music that you hear from 5 minutes away

I rarely hear overly loud ricers buzzing around any more. Can't say the same for Hardleys.
I hear many loud ricers. Maybe that's because I mostly visit Brampton (self explanatory), and Oakville (mommy and daddy are rich and I saw this car on tv so they bought it for me and then they bought all these cool mods I wanted. look at how race it looks, and how loud this fart-can exhaust is! OH! and look at how totally low this thing is; I almost scrape plastic just pulling out of my driveway.)
There is actually a ricer group/meet-up thing. I saw them once when I was getting a coffee at a timmies (in Oakville)...

I actually rarely see any Harleys. Unless I go down lakeshore, but 99% of them are parked.

Loud pipes save lives. If Burlington bans loud pipes, the amount of motorcycle collisions will skyrocket, just like they have in Caledon and Oakville.

Loud pipes save lives. If Burlington bans loud pipes, the amount of motorcycle collisions will skyrocket, just like they have in Caledon and Oakville.

I heard that bodies and motorcycle wrecks are all over the place in Caledon now. Its like a warzone apparently!

nothing else in the world sounds as awesome as a big V-twin harley running down the the road or street. now when you get the piece of crap jap cruiser running straight pipes it just sounds like a well, POS.

these are the bikes that most are mistaking for harleys.

Last edited:

The loudest Japanese cruiser I've heard pales next to a Harley with short, unbaffled pipes. Most Japanese cruisers are liquid-cooled and those water jackets around the cylinders do damp the combustion volume. Harleys are air-cooled and all that unmuffled sound goes straight out the pipes. I don't mind a Harley with a good set of Vance and Hines, nice deep boomy sound but drag pipes are just painful to hear.

Funny, I've never mistaken a jap bike for sounding like a wet fart.

Another Harley hate thread...great...will only say running straight pipes is too loud and annoying for rider and public...and I'm damn near deaf. You can have great sound and rumble without going stupid loud.

I hear a lot more loud sport bikes than Harleys lately. Don't just blame the cruiser crowd

I hear a lot more loud sport bikes than Harleys lately. Don't just blame the cruiser crowd

its the crusier crowd I always hear. They have this thing about revving their engines at intersections. Never hear ricers much any more. Like someone else said - they're in other parts of the GTA mainly and.. its harder to rev an automatic civic- you need to put it in N or P to rev, where a real sports car you can clutch in and do it before dropping the clutch. ;)

What about the super sport guy the rides in a straight line with the bike close to the rev limit. I hear them further away than Harleys and after they pass I hear them for a lot longer too. Besides that the Harley bankers are usually in bed early and the ss riders are out late making noise.

Edited because of stupid phone spellcheck.

Last edited:
its the crusier crowd I always hear. They have this thing about revving their engines at intersections.

Harleys: Turning gas into to noise without the side effect of power...

I just think thye have to rev their engines at the lights because when they don't it sounds like the engines are going to die lol :D

What about the super sport guy the rides in a straight line with the bike close to the rev limit. I heart them further away than Harleys and street they pass I hear them for a lot longer too. Besides that the Harley bankers are usually in bed early and the ss riders are out late making noise.

very true :)

Luckily not many SS guys come into my 'hood.

Back
Top Bottom