Building a light touring set-up... any advice on a decent sissy bar/backrest bag?? | GTAMotorcycle.com

Building a light touring set-up... any advice on a decent sissy bar/backrest bag??

Triple

Site Supporter
This is my current set-up:

7062577319_33878dd01a_b.jpg

with my National Cycle F-16 "touring" windscreen (which is fine for brief jaunts on the highway):
7068966467_84cfd4132a_b.jpg

7068968489_bf18abbcab_b.jpg

plus this (still need to mount):
6961708398_f71e545af0_b.jpg

and this (still need to mount):
6986324626_cc9b692d35_o.jpg

7132408853_3589b62d0c_o.jpg

I think the soft bags will be adequate for 1-5 day runs, but I need a bit more space. I am thinking a good quality, waterproof sissy bar bag would work. Any suggestions? **BTW, I plan to take 1 week in Deals Gap, the first week of August.*** Of course, I'm riding down.

Last edited:
When I toured on my Nomad, I used to have a T-bag can't remember which one - it had a rain cover and worked quite well for me. I reversed it so it was sitting on the rear seat, attached to the sissy bar. It moves the weight closer to the centre of the bike, and especially if it's a larger bag and you overpack, most luggage racks aren't rated for that much weight.

The T-Bags are spendy, but if you do a lot of touring you learn pretty quickly not to cheap out on your gear.

Personally I'm one for hard bags... secure and waterproof ... looks like a wing rack fits on your bike per this link, why not get the topbox ? have soft sides ?

http://www.pipeline.com/~randyo/Givi_Bags_on_a_750.htm

750givi1.jpg

[img\http://www.pipeline.com/~randyo/NH-pics/750givi4.jpg[/img]

750givi5.jpg

Unfortunately the GIVI wingracks are discontinued for my model. Good kit.

I would suggest a tail bag for your bike. Many options out there with many different ways to attach it to the back seat.

By the way, your Nighthawk looks amazing! Super clean looking. Great bike too.

I would suggest a tail bag for your bike. Many options out there with many different ways to attach it to the back seat.

By the way, your Nighthawk looks amazing! Super clean looking. Great bike too.

Thanks. I bought it with only 5000 miles on the odometer! I was looking for a late model Nighthawk 750 for the last several years. The problem has always been that most used NH750's are either old and beat, or they are well cared for but with 60-100+ kilometres. Nobody seems to sell NH750's that are pristine and with low K's. :)

Gas, oil, and tires... (and the occasional plug and air filter change every 24,000 miles).... doesn't get any easier than that.

Thanks, I will look at tail bags. The last one I had for my SV1000S (Joe Rocket) was pretty decent.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom