Buell is back | GTAMotorcycle.com

Buell is back

Out of curiosity anyone had experience pulling the front wheel off with those ****** discs? It looks like it would be infinitely more complex for zero gain in form or function.
Well, there should have been functional gains. Much larger surface area and higher speed past the pads. As for form, it is a simple way to identify a buell. I never tried them, but Iirc, there was an issue with too much heat transferred to the tire under repeated heavy braking.

Well, there should have been functional gains. Much larger surface area and higher speed past the pads. As for form, it is a simple way to identify a buell. I never tried them, but Iirc, there was an issue with too much heat transferred to the tire under repeated heavy braking.
An 8 piston single caliper and a perimeter rotor provide no functional benefit except slighty less unsprung weight.
Like Grey Ghost says, enough heat can be transferred through the rim to the tire to cause premature failure.
I saw it when the XB9Rs were raced in Moto-ST.
The ideas of fuel in the frame and oil in the swingarm are also answers to questions that nobody asked.
Buell is trying to resurrect 20 year old quack engineering in my opinion.

Not to be confused with Fuell, where Erik Buell is currently reinventing wheels, if only as a front man and not an owner. I always figured him to be a Jayne Mansfield admirer, as so many of his designs seem unusually well endowed up front...

He always had off-the-wall ideas, but could never get over the hump of being a wacky also-ran. I remember some of the worst pans in bike magazines being for his bikes, even in the US ones where road tests typically read like press releases. The Buell Blast, in particular, seemed to be the butt of jokes.

I gotta admire the CEO of a liquidation company making the very not profitable decision of helming EBR to keep it alive. It's kinda weird to have Buell without Buell, but the circumstances seem appropriate somehow

They will sell some, have financial issues , get some poor press, end up in showrooms where the salesman will steer you towards any thing else...... oh wait, nevermind

Out of curiosity anyone had experience pulling the front wheel off with those ****** discs? It looks like it would be infinitely more complex for zero gain in form or function.
Had a Buell 1125r.
Easy peasy to pull the wheel. Single brake caliper. Take that off and TADA.

There is a niche for futuristic or cool looking motorcycles that people will purchase based on looks, where they can show them off at the coffee shops where most bikes realistically reside. I know this did not work for them originally with Harley, but marketed correctly and built with style as the main focus there MAY be a chance.

There is a niche for futuristic or cool looking motorcycles that people will purchase based on looks, where they can show them off at the coffee shops where most bikes realistically reside. I know this did not work for them originally with Harley, but marketed correctly and built with style as the main focus there MAY be a chance.
Don't do Erik dirty like that, all the weird stuff may not have fully paid off but it was all there for a reason

Always liked the fuel in the frame and oil in the S.A. ideas. I think you can look at this another way. Perhaps they're great ideas no one else has thought of.

Always liked the fuel in the frame and oil in the S.A. ideas. I think you can look at this another way. Perhaps they're great ideas no one else has thought of.
Or perhaps they're just different for the sake of being different.

If they are making a comeback, that late in 2024, then they should stick to all electric! Doubt they will be able to sell any models in Europe that have ICE

Back
Top Bottom