Budget predictions 2021 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Budget predictions 2021

pfbmgd

More spending and more spending . More vaccine orders that never come . Booster shots already on order . Curtail spending "forget about it " . The budget will balance it's self .

400 billion deficit projection . That is 11K per person .

No need to lock if people are civil .

No defence of the Liberals, but what choice did they have. Harper did something similar back in 2008/09 when things were falling apart around the world. I know this is oversimplify it but it's better then throwing people out on the street and going hungry. ?‍♂️

I am more worried about what happens after the pandemic is over, inflation, higher taxes, more squeezing the middle class, lack of job creation, etc, never mind this stupid carbon tax already.

No defence of the Liberals, but what choice did they have. Harper did something similar back in 2008/09 when things were falling apart around the world. I know this is oversimplify it but it's better then throwing people out on the street and going hungry. ?‍♂️

I am more worried about what happens after the pandemic is over, inflation, higher taxes, more squeezing the middle class, lack of job creation, etc, never mind this stupid carbon tax already.

With the cost of rent and housing we going to end up on the streets soon anyhow :[

Indeed, however there was a plan given to eliminating the debt (which was for all intents and purposes achieved). I doubt we'll see that here.

Indeed, however there was a plan given to eliminating the debt (which was for all intents and purposes achieved). I doubt we'll see that here.
Yes agreed, I'm sure alot on the surface will appear genuine, but with nothing to back it up. :censored:

Deficits aren’t necessarily bad. It depends what you spend the money on.
Based on everything he has ever done, he will shotgun for votes/graft instead of targeting specific points which may strengthen our country.

I’m so happy they are taxing private jets and yachts ...that will really raise a lot of pennies and really show those people they should never have bought those things in the first place. Now if Trudeau would roll out his yachts and jets for everyone platform under the guise of inclusivity I would vote for him!

I’m so happy they are taxing private jets and yachts ...that will really raise a lot of pennies and really show those people they should never have bought those things in the first place. Now if Trudeau would roll out his yachts and jets for everyone platform under the guise of inclusivity I would vote for him!
It was interesting that they picked a 250K cut off for boats. I suspect there will be a hell of a lot of boats sold for 249K along with their expensive furniture/art for 50 to 200K. Hell, maybe even an STB/SV signed photo for 100K as an investment. I suspect there will be very few transactions over the threshold.

Is he smart enough to exclude commercial vessels or will this be documented as a roaring success with a lot of money collected and it turns out that it was paid by the gov't on ship building contracts? The old extension cord plugged into itself perpetual energy loop.

Last edited:
It was interesting that they picked a 250K cut off for boats. I suspect there will be a hell of a lot of boats sold for 249K along with their expensive furniture/art for 50 to 200K.
I know in BC that clever leasing was a way around the luxury tax on cars so I’m assuming they will find a way here

"This is going to be a serious budget that either sets the stage for post-pandemic policy in Canada, or has all the makings of an election platform, possibly to be used as soon as later this year,"

whats interesting is we could see the loonie on par with the greenback again eventually

Last edited:
Based on everything he has ever done, he will shotgun for votes/graft instead of targeting specific points which may strengthen our country.

Honestly, I’d like to see a big infrastructure bill. Fast train networks that don’t get stuck behind priority cargo trains, better roads etc. Instead the childcare thing looks great to families but...I don’t have kids and now will be paying more for those that chose them. I get how taxes work and I’m fine with that but still.

Honestly, I’d like to see a big infrastructure bill. Fast train networks that don’t get stuck behind priority cargo trains, better roads etc. Instead the childcare thing looks great to families but...I don’t have kids and now will be paying more for those that chose them. I get how taxes work and I’m fine with that but still.
I do not want any money invested in long-distance passenger rail. Imo, that is dead (and has been for a long time). Flights are faster, cheaper, often more flexible, minimal impact for those on the ground (or wetlands) etc. Commuter rail improvements (such as dedicated commuter rail lines) make reasonable sense but by definition they only matter to major urban centres. Not good for the vote game. Let's be honest, if Wynn's stupid high-speed train between Toronto and Windsor was built, London and Thamesville may have cheered but that damn thing would have run almost empty until some government finally pulled the plug on it.

I do not want any money invested in long-distance passenger rail. Imo, that is dead (and has been for a long time). Flights are faster, cheaper, often more flexible, minimal impact for those on the ground (or wetlands) etc. Commuter rail improvements (such as dedicated commuter rail lines) make reasonable sense but by definition they only matter to major urban centres. Not good for the vote game. Let's be honest, if Wynn's stupid high-speed train between Toronto and Windsor was built, London and Thamesville may have cheered but that damn thing would have run almost empty until some government finally pulled the plug on it.

I disagree. France is cancelling in country flights where a train is available for 1-2h duration. That cuts a lot of emissions and if it’s truly a high speed link the time savings aren’t going to be that great for a flight vs train. The TGV is a great thing and so are the Asian bullet trains. It’s not going to replace a Toronto-Vancouver link but many train terminals are in more central areas compared to airports etc. Takes me 2h on the train from Kingston to TO but that’s usually because at some point along the line we have to wait for a cargo train to pass. No reason it couldn’t be half that time with a true high speed link and then you’d have a bunch more people queuing up to take it.

Edit: it would have to be inexpensive to be a true alternative!

I disagree. France is cancelling in country flights where a train is available for 1-2h duration. That cuts a lot of emissions and if it’s truly a high speed link the time savings aren’t going to be that great for a flight vs train. The TGV is a great thing and so are the Asian bullet trains. It’s not going to replace a Toronto-Vancouver link but many train terminals are in more central areas compared to airports etc. Takes me 2h on the train from Kingston to TO but that’s usually because at some point along the line we have to wait for a cargo train to pass. No reason it couldn’t be half that time with a true high speed link and then you’d have a bunch more people queuing up to take it.

Edit: it would have to be inexpensive to be a true alternative!
The biggest problem I see is that for it to benefit many people, many communities would want a station. You can't get anywhere quickly if you are stopping all the time. If stations are 100 km apart, most people won't take the train. I don't see it being cheaper than VIA and that is already in a awkward price bracket. Either you're cheap and drive or you don't mind spending and you can fly for not much more and collapse your trip time. Canada is not Europe. We have a hell of a long way to travel and not that many reasons to do it. Eg. who wants to take a high speed train to belleville?

The biggest problem I see is that for it to benefit many people, many communities would want a station. You can't get anywhere quickly if you are stopping all the time. If stations are 100 km apart, most people won't take the train. I don't see it being cheaper than VIA and that is already in a awkward price bracket. Either you're cheap and drive or you don't mind spending and you can fly for not much more and collapse your trip time. Canada is not Europe. We have a hell of a long way to travel and not that many reasons to do it. Eg. who wants to take a high speed train to belleville?
Hey now,

Clearly you haven't been partaking in $1.50 large milkshakes from Reids Dairy.

20200801_170842.jpg

Back
Top Bottom