Bringing Her Back to Life | Page 11 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Bringing Her Back to Life

I should have the head on tomorrow.

6ugahu4y.jpg

I poured some oil into the Autolube pump. Primed the supply line. Found some stainless socket head cap screws for the covers.

It's off to the pool store tomorrow for bigger bungs.

nice going......

should be out and about soon.....

ya I know I keep saying that.....LOL

OK, I got rid of my popping on deceleration.....found two out of 8 header bolts a wee bit loose, tightened them up and when I rode to work today, no more annoying popping.....YAYAYAYAYAYAYAY......

now to just fix up the small oil leak from the pressure sensor......

I'll leave that for the winter....

A lot of the time you get the popping on the decel is due to a lean condition

Don't need bungs, built these instead.

gaza9ena.jpg

Tried pumping it up and it leaks waaaay too much. Have to get out the soapy water later today and go leak hunting.

Found leaks at both base gaskets and on the left carb manifold (where the cross-over tube enters it). Yamabond will solve all these issues.

My leak tester leaks a little too.

guqu2e9u.jpg

Got the engine back in the frame.

ha4ydevy.jpg

I'm thinking the roar may happen tomorrow.

Later today is judgement. It's all ready for ignition.

Got it to run. A ton if old black carbon sh*t came out the pipes. I found a few exhaust leaks.

It will only run on prime. It ran for 5 or so minutes then the bowls ran out of gas. I'll have to look at the float needles and seats. It's hard to see if both ran out. The odds of both floats/needles sticking at the same time are low.

It was awesome. A huge stress getting it started. I stayed up until 2am last night prepping for today.

Woooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Got it to run. A ton if old black carbon sh*t came out the pipes. I found a few exhaust leaks.

It will only run on prime. It ran for 5 or so minutes then the bowls ran out of gas. I'll have to look at the float needles and seats. It's hard to see if both ran out. The odds of both floats/needles sticking at the same time are low.

It's not a vacuum petcock is it? (I kinda just wanted to say petcock)

Thanks guys. It just barely idles. Now I have to dial it in. There is no real power yet. Pulled one plug and it was wet. Need to go down on the main jet.

Back
Top Bottom