Bring it CF-Moto ! | GTAMotorcycle.com

Bring it CF-Moto !

Yeah, alright. I like it.

CFMoto needs to bring the 650GT to NA though

Hmmmmm - 5,000 km?? that's a couple of trips.
tableau-de-garantie-website-ang-dec21-2048x599.jpg

Looks nice…but how is the reliability on these things?

I sincerely would like that somebody could explain the allure of CF moto for me... It does look, IMHO, it may follow the same path as Hyosung did, doesn't?

I sincerely would like that somebody could explain the allure of CF moto for me... It does look, IMHO, it may follow the same path as Hyosung did, doesn't?
They already make a bunch of stuff for KTM, their ATVs have been in this country for years. Nothing like the disaster that was Hyosung.

They already make a bunch of stuff for KTM, their ATVs have been in this country for years. Nothing like the disaster that was Hyosung.
What I mean is:
1. Official replacement parts and service after a couple years from now, would that exist? That's one of the problems with the Korean brand, imo (and reliability)
2. Resale value.
3. Who is buying in the first place anyway? Between that and used bike from am established brand, I would take latter. Even warranty is a bit shoddy (as point out above), not to say a joke...

I'm talking specifically about this bike:

They're a little cheaper, they're a little different, and they have honest dealer support here. To be honest, some of their bikes just look good to me, and that's almost enough. FWIW I thought some of the Hyosung designs were alright too... I feel CF-Moto is already doing better than them though.

These don't look like cheap motorcycles. You can def see what they've ripped off from the big names, but the big names steal from each other anyway:

Sent from my ZTE A2020U Pro using Tapatalk

That 125 Papio mini bike starts at $3100 here? I personally would spend the $1500 more for a Honda Grom. I have nothing against these "off brands", but for me to consider it, they have to be at least half the cost of the big brand.

That 125 Papio mini bike starts at $3100 here? I personally would spend the $1500 more for a Honda Grom. I have nothing against these "off brands", but for me to consider it, they have to be at least half the cost of the big brand.
If CF Moto had ~13 hp instead of <10, that would help too. Honda 125R has 13, grom has <10. 30% power bump for 30% less money gets close to your magic 50% number if you agree with the more complicated equation. You make a good point through, resale on a grom is pretty high, we don't yet know if CFMoto does well at resale or becomes the canadian tire chinese bikes that sell for $100.

Why would anyone want to support the chinese at all?

Look around - you already do.
He may not. No smart phone. Most bikes vintage or close to it.

We can all decide to make choices to limit money sent to china. Most of us arent willing to follow the path that hurts china.

Leaving politics aside, my concern with buying a completely made in China motorcycle is consistency in component quality. I worked for a company that designed electrical products here but they are wholly made in China. Aside from ongoing QC issues (mostly minor) there have been major issues resulting in entire runs being returned for critical component replacement. When the cause was investigated it turned out that the manufacturing factory sourced lower cost components that didn't meet specs without testing or seeking approval. The response was essentially a shrug and, "If you don't come to us to make it, where else are you going?"
CFMOTO certainly has a better track record than others given their size and experience, but I would be hesitant to plunk down my money and bet my riding season/time on them for the foreseeable future.

Back
Top Bottom