Brampton.. Just why? | GTAMotorcycle.com

Brampton.. Just why?

hymnz

This is just a vent 😮‍💨

I had to go to the north end of Brampton today to play some board games and what not at a cafe and it was an absolute nightmare. Even when riding in India I sparsely use the horn but today I counted 14 honks. No turn signals, no right of way, no blind spot checks-- they drive as if their dad owns the city and the roads. I was almost run over by a bunch of student while pulling out of the space in the Walmart parking lot who clearly jumped the stop sign and were speeding in the f**king parking lot and had the audacity to tell me to "go slow". F**king du***ss. Any license holder living in Brampton should be mandated to retest every year. Bonkers!

People in this sub who are from Brampton- how do you ride? More importantly how do you survive on the roads?

There should be a status like what Facebook does where one can mark themselves safe during a calamity: something like "Survived riding through Brampton".

I just avoid Brampton. To be honest I have no real reason to go over there anyhow.
It's really a shame. I noticed Brampton has some good scenic drives especially in the north half.

It should be no surprise that they pay the highest vehicle insurance premiums in the Province. Between the new drivers who come up to Orangeville to get licensed, the aggressive drivers and blatant fraudsters, it's a wonder any company would insure want to do business in that city. We used to like to go down there shopping, but now we drive to Newmarket or Guelph instead.

It should be no surprise that they pay the highest vehicle insurance premiums in the Province. Between the new drivers who come up to Orangeville to get licensed, the aggressive drivers and blatant fraudsters, it's a wonder any company would insure want to do business in that city. We used to like to go down there shopping, but now we drive to Newmarket or Guelph instead.

Guelph is a nice, scenic mid size town. Much more chill for a Uni town than K/W. Bonus: Royal.

Newmarket, haven't been there in 30 years since I lived in Stouffville.

Brampton, 1:1 scale bumper cars with the added bonus of >50% with valid licence and/or insurance (but an open container and several physio clinics on speed dial).

Last edited:
Strategically planted trees in my front yard.. to protect my house from getting hit by a vehicle..

It could be a good 20 years before your trees are a match for Panjeet flying down your street @ 110 juggling his bottle of Hennessy.

videothumbnail.1562588090999.jpg

No one is safe until they build the wall.

I was at the Home Depot on Mississauga Road in the NW tip of Brampton last week. Haven't been in the area in years, man is it built up.

Had to slam on the brakes twice in the parking lot. Idiot running through a stop sign right in front of me and another guy who rapidly backed out of his parking space right into my path. In general, traffic was bad, random lane changes, no signaling etc,,,,, Total crap show, won't be going back anytime soon.

For numerous reasons, I avoid Brampton at all costs.

I'm used to it. Expect anything. Plan for the other driver to do the wrong thing.

Yup. I was going to say maybe I'm lucky that I never noticed it being worse there (or Markham) than anywhere else in the GTA. There are bad drivers everywhere, but with good situational awareness, you'll see them coming long before they can surprise you.

Back
Top Bottom