Boars in Pickering | Page 9 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Boars in Pickering

We get them in Markham Village every few years, they travel the wildlife corridors that connect local streams to the Rouge National Park. Had one in my yard a few years ago, I'm guessing a 125 lb black. YRP dispatched a SWAT team to keep the community safe. They chased the little bear thru the subdivision for about 2km to a small wooded area on a park where the MNR tranquilized then relocated it.

The weird part wasn't seeing a bear, it was watching SWAT cops go over fences, dropping, rolling, then rifle sighting a scared little bear like it was some sort of armed terrorist. 30 cop cars swarming the subdivision, and an armored car rolling down the street blasting warnings that residents should stay inside.

At my place up north, the bears come every Thursday from June to November to loot garbage cans (trash day). Locals come out with broomsticks yelling 'get off my lawn'.
I'm right at 16 and 9 and thankfully never seen of heard of any. However there have been sightings of coyote in the area recently.

My original post was just a silly joke. I was referencing this old commercial :p

I'm right at 16 and 9 and thankfully never seen of heard of any. However there have been sightings of coyote in the area recently.

My original post was just a silly joke. I was referencing this old commercial :p
The wildlife corridor ends at Paramount and Fincham - the odd deer, beaver and mink travel there from Milne Park where there is a healthy population of each. Bears come from the Rough National Park, not too many of them. Foxes and Coyotes can be found anywhere in Markham.

They got the Pickering batch. Trapped and euthanized 14. It took a month and they had bait, trail cams and traps. It would be equal part interesting and infuriating to see that bill.

Last edited:
They got the pickering batch, that only leaves the Chatham, Windsor, peterborough, Essex, Strathroy, Eastern Ontario herds. And the ones they havent spotted yet. And they breed like bunnies,
I think we will have these fellows around for a while
You missed the sounder in Ottawa. Federally protected from culls.

They got the Pickering batch. Trapped and euthanized 14. It took a month and they had bait, trail cams and traps. It would be equal part interesting and infuriating to see that bill.
How were they euthanized and at what cost?

A YouTube video showed a southern USA euthanization done with a few loud bangs after the sounder was trapped. Trading bullets for bacon.

How were they euthanized and at what cost?

A YouTube video showed a southern USA euthanization done with a few loud bangs after the sounder was trapped. Trading bullets for bacon.
Cost to the moon. They are doing necropsies on all of them. No bacon for shelters.

Back
Top Bottom