BMW Service/Warranty Options For Former Endras Customers | GTAMotorcycle.com

BMW Service/Warranty Options For Former Endras Customers

thwak

Site Supporter
I purchased a 2019 BMW R1250RT from Endras and had the 10,000 km service performed there early this year just before they went out of business. The bike is nearing the next service interval of 20,000 and I'm thinking my options for service and warranty work in reasonable distance are BMW Toronto or Maranello. I'd be interested to hear opinions on either of these dealers especially from former Endras customers.

I purchased a 2019 BMW R1250RT from Endras and had the 10,000 km service performed there early this year just before they went out of business. The bike is nearing the next service interval of 20,000 and I'm thinking my options for service and warranty work in reasonable distance are BMW Toronto or Maranello. I'd be interested to hear opinions on either of these dealers especially from former Endras customers.
What's the cost of the 10,000k service if you don't mind? One of the reasons i stayed away from BMW is the unknowns of the bike that i'm not familiar with.

i use Maranello, they are busy but no real complaints on service.

What's the cost of the 10,000k service if you don't mind? One of the reasons i stayed away from BMW is the unknowns of the bike that i'm not familiar with.
i'll let you know in about 1,200kms :p

The 10k service is around $300+ for my R1200r (2017)

The cost of the Major service (20,000). was around $700

Your RT may cost a bit more as some of the plastics may have to be removed.

This service includes checking valve clearance, oil , oil filter and air filter.

brake fluid change, final drive fluid change.

Plus the usual check list. And checking fault codes and reset service reminder.

The great thing with the boxer motor is that with a few tools and a manual you can perform these services yourself.
Lots of support on the bike specific forums and on YouTube.

I just serviced my front forks (semi-active damping) They recommend this service every 30k. Cost was $25 for the BMW fork oil.

Last edited:
The 10,000 km that was performed in the spring wasn't representative but from multiple 10,000 km services on my previous R1200GS I seem to remember in the $500 range. Although a valve clearance check is performed, they seldom need any work as the the engine design and manufacture is well developed.

Please give us a review of your 1250RT. It's on my short list as a replacement for my FJR. Test rode one last year at the dealer. Loved the weight lower down compared to the FJR. 2021 RT looks awesome.

I was thinking trading in a couple of bikes,

I was strongly looking at the Africa twin, but the bike mad mike posted on here looks really comfortable

the next bike I get will be set up with all the adventurer items

I was thinking trading in a couple of bikes,

I was strongly looking at the Africa twin, but the bike mad mike posted on here looks really comfortable

the next bike I get will be set up with all the adventurer items
Africa Twin ES DCT or KTM 1290 SA imo.

1250GSA is an obvious contender but the engine seems really hit and miss with a lot of people.

Africa Twin ES DCT or KTM 1290 SA imo.

1250GSA is an obvious contender but the engine seems really hit and miss with a lot of people.
i don't think the DCT would be for me, isn't that an automatic transmission?

i don't think the DCT would be for me, isn't that an automatic transmission?
sure is and it's a riot, i tried one on the dyno/display at the Bike Show.

not for everyone, but it's the one i'd get.

KTM for the win! BMW for the status.

What size KTM would you suggest. I know they came out with a new model i think it's a 790.

depends on the size of your balls/wallet

all of them are fun and capable

Iv'e got a 2017 Versys 1000 really not a adventure bike, But it eats up the hwy in a hurry.

My klr is a great dual sport that does what you ask but not a great hwy bike. i think the 790r would be great at both

Iv'e got a 2017 Versys 1000 really not a adventure bike, But it eats up the hwy in a hurry.

My klr is a great dual sport that does what you ask but not a great hwy bike. i think the 790r would be great at both
something to be said about comfort on bigger bikes imo.

How about a 1090/1190?

the skeptic in me still doesnt trust the shaft drive and their dry clutches but I suppose with a new bike that wont be an issue

the skeptic in me still doesnt trust the shaft drive and their dry clutches but I suppose with a new bike that wont be an issue
Funny.BMW had a bullet proof rear drive for decades.But when the motors went from 50hp to 100hp things went wonky.I wonder why?

Back
Top Bottom